Memphis and Wichita in the NIT | The Boneyard

Memphis and Wichita in the NIT

Reaction Score
Memphis got a 3 seed. They get our old nemesis San Diego, and then the winner of Creighton/Loyola.

Wichita got a 6. They get Furman then the winner of Clemson/Wright State.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Both can win the NIT. I would not want to play them. It's very impressive how Wichita State has come on late in the season. (11-2 in last 13 regular season games, I believe). And they are so young too. Marshall is such a legit coach. The AAC near future is very bright with 6-8 very good programs.

DAC17

Once upon a time, would never miss a game
Reaction Score
Sounds awful, but I couldn't care less. We're focused on teams in a made-up conference making the NIT? Really??

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Did we decline a CBI invite? If so I think it’s a mistake, we have a young team we could use the experience/extra practice time.

Reaction Score
I say good for any AAC team still playing. If USF can take something positive away from the CBI experience then good for them. UConn is too injured. They need to heal, reload, toughen up and get ready for next season.

Reaction Score
CBI/CIT participation is embarrassing for schools who consider themselves high majors. Bizarre move by Huggins/WVU. Sounds about right for USF/Depaul.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hurley already said hes back to recruiting tomorrow. Would you rather him get us more top 100 players or play a meaningless game against NJIT and embarrass ourselves when we lose
If he's getting a top 100 BIG for sure than ok
If not, and if it were possible, he should be wanting to play

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
CBI/CIT participation is embarrassing for schools who consider themselves high majors. Bizarre move by Huggins/WVU. Sounds about right for USF/Depaul.
Huggins wants his young players to get as much play as possible - good way for guys like E Matthews Jr to get more floor play
Don't share the view its ok for some and not others
Some folks are competitors through and through

Reaction Score
Huggins wants his young players to get as much play as possible - good way for guys like E Matthews Jr to get more floor play
Don't share the view its ok for some and not others
Some folks are competitors through and through

And some people have standards.

Reaction Score
yeah, Sid, Brandon Adams and Carlton don;t need anymore court time to help develope.

Reaction Score
We're focused on teams in a made-up conference making the NIT?
What? All conferences were made up, and I cared what Big East teams did in the NIT, so...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The CBI isn't a bad thing for some teams.

I don't blame USF for wanting a few more games.

Doesn't make any sense for UConn, though - next year's roster is going to be so much different than this one, so you're really not advancing the ball any by prolonging the season.

Reaction Score
First time in a while that teams from high level conferences are in the CBI.
Not the last either. Post season play matters. If we only get this invite next year which is very possible we need to take it. I hate the thought but it’s different times and thinking we are too good for this will make us cbi regulars. It’s what we are for the moment and if this hurts how about a UConn coach wishing to be Cincinnati or Houston?!?!? Let that sink in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom