Meet The Coaches February 15 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Meet The Coaches February 15

Reaction Score
HCRE said that AD Dave allowed him to bring in a quality control coach for each of offense, defense and special teams. Will also bring on 4 grad assistants. HCRE said he has much more at his disposal this time around. Reiterated the support from AD Dave several times. Much bigger crowd than I was expecting. I think Kevin Nathan said it was the biggest crowd they have had at this event.

Reaction Score
I enjoyed the event as well. I agree - Lashlee and Crocker were impressive. I thought there was going to be a Q&A and a breakdown of the new commits like previous February football events have had, but all and all, it was well done.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
HCRE said that AD Dave allowed him to bring in a quality control coach for each of offense, defense and special teams. Will also bring on 4 grad assistants. HCRE said he has much more at his disposal this time around. Reiterated the support from AD Dave several times. Much bigger crowd than I was expecting. I think Kevin Nathan said it was the biggest crowd they have had at this event.
That was music to my ears. If in his prior term here RE had been allowed those hires we may have never lost him and likely would be in a P-5. Unfortunately JH preferred pinching pennies and asking for a bonus based on all the money he saved.

Reaction Score
Upbeat positive meeting. Attack, blitzing D, no huddle, up tempo attacking O. Great coaches. Really like Crocker and Lashly. We still have major challenges on both lines and lack team speed. (Picked that up from conversations) Hoping we can overcome our weaknesses. Maybe we can get some JC or grad transfers to plug some holes. Need to bring back traditions and allow football alum back into the program. Randy is the right gut at the right time to revitalize the program. That was my take.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Randy has come so far in terms of talking to a crowd. I have never felt closer to the program than now and I felt like I was close the first time around. David Benedict is the rock star that we were told Warde would be. Expectations are a New Year's Day bowl - and dadgummit, they will get there.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
The 50% off apparel had people swarming like vultures, so I didn't get to say hello to a few familiar faces like @hardcorehusky and @uconnbill .. did meet @31GuardTrap in line. Nice guy. Thanks @danlow1963 for saving me a seat. :)

Very good event as these tend to be.

A lot of emphasis on fan support- no surprise, really. Looking for the die hard to be ambassadors and bring people back in to the fold.

Each coach was introduced by Edsall.. just observing how they interacted/joked with each other off to the side they seem to have come together as a staff quickly. They look like they are having fun. Lashlee and Crocker both spoke for a bit, and the emphasis on tempo and aggression just feels like a complete breath of fresh air. Not expecting miracles right away, but as AD Dave said - we have hope again. AD Dave again dispelled Big East rumors (what else can he say) and reaffirmed UConn's commitment to football. It all felt very genuine. Spring Game will be on a Friday night this year - interesting change, should be fun.
Twas a fine evening a great to meet you.
I especially enjoyed paying only $35 for 2 T-shirts and a new jersey. My XXXL frame doesn't get that lucky often.

Reaction Score
This event kind of reminds me of a "Who" song. "Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss......"

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
This event kind of reminds me of a "Who" song. "Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."

I loved HCRE1.0, and was really blindsided when he went to maryland... hopefully, we won't get fooled again!

Reaction Score
This event kind of reminds me of a "Who" song. "Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."

For at least the HC game they need to play this as the intro. Own this, really think it could be pretty cool. The video board needs to show shots of the old 1.0 and new 2.0 coaches/players not just HCRE of course.
If ever it is played as a dig to us at an away game, there needs to be raucous cheering from UConn fans in attendance.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

I got a chance to talk to Randy before the basketball game - he seems really at peace with his place in the World. I think, he appreciates the love in CT, since MD never warmed to him. But, MD UA gave him a pretty nice hip wardrobe.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Guy I work with (former baseball player under Blaylock) shared elevator at Rent heading into event.

Says RE wears Old Spice.
Looking for 2nd confirmation.

#HuskyUp

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Guy I work with (former baseball player under Blaylock) shared elevator at Rent heading into event.

Says RE wears Old Spice.

#HuskyUp

Unfortunately, I can't confirm or deny that. I can confirm he will be returning punts.

Reaction Score

Says RE wears Old Spice.

#HuskyUp
Not trying to be a jerk but I've seen this mistake on the BY before - but for all Andy has done for his former baseball and football players it's - Andy Baylock
You can't find a better person - he still keeps in contact with our whole tailgate group that played in the 60s by sending out hand written notes - Andy bleeds blue!!!

Reaction Score
I got a chance to talk to Randy before the basketball game - he seems really at peace with his place in the World. I think, he appreciates the love in CT, since MD never warmed to him. But, MD UA gave him a pretty nice hip wardrobe.

I got the same sense after a short conversation. I am impressed with his flexibility and willingness to change with the times. Having said that, college football is about traditions and I appreciate his desire for building on UCONN's football traditions and awards, as well as welcoming former players back into the fold.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom