Media Day for Geno and Players | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Media Day for Geno and Players

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Did they ever explain what the purpose of the "pods" is? Is this some sort of virus containment measure (so if someone gets a positive test this week, they only have to isolate those in her pod rather than the whole team? And maybe they think that if no one comes up positive after this week, then it is safe for the whole team to practice together?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Did they ever explain what the purpose of the "pods" is? Is this some sort of virus containment measure (so if someone gets a positive test this week, they only have to isolate those in her pod rather than the whole team? And maybe they think that if no one comes up positive after this week, then it is safe for the whole team to practice together?
I believe so--smaller groups for containment if necessary. It also helps integrate new players. Additionally, I think the NCAA has some rules about 5 on 5 (I didn't read the other thread closely).

Reaction Score
Please give these kids a chance to breathe. The verbal pressure of the reporters is understandable, but these are basically teens. Two or three minutes should be enough for interviews for now. The world is upside/down backwards and lets just hope that we have a season and leave it to Geno and CD. We are all excited and looking forward.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Paige (as one example) is winning just fine
She mentioned Drew, who is 7 and biracial. They share the same father. “I have a little brother who is mixed with Black and white,” said Bueckers, who is white. “I want him to grow up in a world that accepts Black people and doesn’t judge them based on the color of their skin.

The irony of reporting Paige's noble goals for humanity while separating people into proper or common nouns based entirely on their skin color is not lost on me.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
The irony of reporting Paige's noble goals for humanity while separating people into proper or common nouns based entirely on their skin color is not lost on me.
If you are referring to the capital "B" and the small "w", that was done by the Courant reporter or editor, not by Paige. She made an oral comment, which does not allow punctuation or capitalization.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Mechelle's article:

As for his own health, Auriemma, who turned 66 in March, said he hasn't been worried about COVID-19 personally.

"I probably should be, but I'm not," he said. "I think I've been pretty careful, as much as you can be. You're never 100% sure."

He did say, however, his 89-year-old mother said she thought it was best that he not visit her.

"Even my mother doesn't trust me," Auriemma joked. "I go to practice, I do my thing. I do the best I can with what we have, and cross my fingers. So far, so good."

Reaction Score
Do college athletes enter school a year older? Anna is already 20 and will turn 21 before the season is over, and Paige is about to turn 19.

Reaction Score
Do college athletes enter school a year older? Anna is already 20 and will turn 21 before the season is over, and Paige is about to turn 19.
Bueckers graduating HS at 18 is perfectly normal. Have no idea what they do in Europe.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom