MD vs. Iowa: Holey Moley! | The Boneyard

MD vs. Iowa: Holey Moley!

MdStang

Greetings From Geezerville
Reaction Score
68 - 51 at half time. Best offensive game I've seen this year.

Clark is red hot from 3 (8 - 11) with 29 points. On the down side 5 TOs.

Benzan for MD is 8 - 9 from 3!

BTW I still think Paige is Freshman and Player of the year. More efficient, more steals, half as many TOs as Clark.

The game is on the Big Ten Network.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Wow what a performance by the two 3-point shooters!!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
68 - 51 at half time. Best offensive game I've seen this year.

Clark is red hot from 3 (8 - 11) with 29 points. On the down side 5 TOs.

Benzan for MD is 8 - 9 from 3!

BTW I still think Paige is Freshman and Player of the year. More efficient, more steals, half as many TOs as Clark.

The game is on the Big Ten Network.
So. Who is winning?

Reaction Score
68% from 3 by Maryland. Only 61% from 2 point land. Very entertaining first half. Caitlin Clark sure has range and certainly should be considered for NFOY. Although I’m biased and am rooting for Paige. I normally discount Maryland about this time of year but this year they might have a chance if they carry today’s performance forward against a top 10 program. Probably not !

Reaction Score
And defense wins championships! Not much exhibited in this game. But Clark is a really good volume shooter, on a team that won’t be contending in March. Paige seems to have so many more levels to her game at this point.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Most importantly for MD/national implications, Angel Reese played her first game for MD since about 4 games into the season.
How did she look?

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
a bit rusty but she also scored 8pts and had 3 rebounds in only 11 minutes

Reaction Score
a bit rusty but she also scored 8pts and had 3 rebounds in only 11 minutes
Wow that's considered rusty?!?! Her stats per minute were better than 2 starters on Iowa

Reaction Score
There were 32 3's scored in this one. Brenda said that Caitlin Clark was the "best freshman in the country" because no one, but no one, could score so many points vs the Terps EXCEPT the best freshman in the country. (Ms. Clark does turn the ball over at an alarming rate for a top guard.) I suppose the inability of either team to guard the perimeter doesn't figure into the discussion.
Depending upon the ultimate draw, UConn may have a chance to contend with Maryland (never beaten the Huskies) and undo the Razorback fiasco. Let's hope.

Reaction Score
There were 32 3's scored in this one. Brenda said that Caitlin Clark was the "best freshman in the country" because no one, but no one, could score so many points vs the Terps EXCEPT the best freshman in the country. (Ms. Clark does turn the ball over at an alarming rate for a top guard.) I suppose the inability of either team to guard the perimeter doesn't figure into the discussion.
Depending upon the ultimate draw, UConn may have a chance to contend with Maryland (never beaten the Huskies) and undo the Razorback fiasco. Let's hope.
To Frese defense she made the “best freshman” comment before today’s game. Clouden (MSU)) I believe scored 30 on MD as well Frese is not the only one who shares that opinion however I would choose Paige of Clark bc Paige’s overall game IMO is better.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Frese calling Clark the best Freshman is a non story. They haven't faced Bueckers, have they? Plus every coach is always trying to pump up their own conference. Nothing to see here.

Reaction Score
How many points did Paige put up against Md.? Points are a major part for sure but I'd rather have PB's points, rebs, steals, low TO's and overall team control. But then I don't know as much as Brenda.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Frese calling Clark the best Freshman is a non story. They haven't faced Bueckers, have they? Plus every coach is always trying to pump up their own conference. Nothing to see here.
Agreed. Yet if Clarke isn't the best freshman in the country she's darn close.

Reaction Score
Brenda's in a long line of coaches who have either never beaten Geno and/or just resent his success. Any way, however circuitous, Brenda and others (see: Dawn) can disparage UConn's program they will take.
I have no problem with excellence in players or programs other than our Huskies; it's great for the game to produce attractive talent. And I'm sure Caitlin Clark is exceptional. So are others playing today.
Aside from the pride I (and most of you, I'm sure) take in our Paige, the Buckets Meister is leading a good and inexperienced group to a winning season. Don't think Iowa's in that discussion.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Clark is exceptional. However, she had, I believe, 29 points in the first half. She scored five in the second half. I think she got tired.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom