McRIb farewell tour? :-( | The Boneyard

McRIb farewell tour? :-(

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Say it ain't so.

One can only hope the McRib is like The Who in that they've been doing farwell tours since 1980.

Either way, don't sleep on what may be your last chance for one of the all time great sandwiches.

August_West

Reaction Score
The good news is:

The best in business recognizes opportunity at every turn, and turns it into pure greatness.

Arby's is killing it.

"It’s simultaneously ridiculous troll behavior and service to the country. For too long, the fast food sandwich giants of McDonald’s, Burger King and Wendy’s have all existed in a sort of peaceful state of co-existence. Arby’s is out here crashing through the wall into the fast food tea party like the Kool-Aid Man where the pitcher is full of barbecue sauce."

Reaction Score
Say it ain't so.

One can only hope the McRib is like The Who in that they've been doing farwell tours since 1980.

Either way, don't sleep on what may be your last chance for one of the all time great sandwiches.

I have a friend that follows the McRib wherever he can find it. Even he said that his body may be rejecting it lately.

Maybe it's Arby's fault due to their latest commercial mocking the poor McRib.

Reaction Score
puke GIF

Reaction Score
I can proudly say I never ate that slop. I rarely eat fast food anyways. My daughter was 9 before she ever ate at McDonald's.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Say it ain't so.

Seriously - you can't like both the McRib AND Arby's. It tells the world your opinion is full of #$%^#$%^#$%^.

Extruded fake rib crap is just that.....crap. Arby's is better, albeit it's not a high bar to clear.

August_West

Reaction Score
Seriously - you can't like both the McRib AND Arby's. It tells the world your opinion is full of #$%^#$%^#$%^.

Extruded fake rib crap is just that.....crap. Arby's is better, albeit it's not a high bar to clear.

Arbys of course is superior. But Nostalgia prevents me from entirely discounting a mcrib. It has been a vital part of my life since 1982 :)

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Arbys of course is superior. But Nostalgia prevents me from entirely discounting a mcrib. It has been a vital part of my life since 1982 :)

I've learned to "discount" Natty Light, and i guarantee i've had a lot more of that, than you've had of McRibs. Evolve, man.

Reaction Score
I can proudly say I never ate that slop. I rarely eat fast food anyways. My daughter was 9 before she ever ate at McDonald's.
Are you even American?

McRib is great for what it is. The big conspiracy is why are there no more snack wraps. It’s a travesty but they they are available in Puerto Rico from my understanding

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Will you be passing out the Country Style Rib Sandwichs in lieu of cigars?

Reaction Score
Say it ain't so.

Wonder why now. It's never been good enough to find a permanent spot on the menu. Have the "limited time only" McRib events been declining in popularity.

Edit: just noticed (as others have pointed out) the story is from 2005

Reaction Score

He’s not claiming any nutritional value just that he enjoys them. You are on the other hand say they suck yet never tasted one.

August_West

Reaction Score
Wonder why now. It's never been good enough to find a permanent spot on the menu. Have the "limited time only" McRib events been declining in popularity.

Edit: just noticed (as others have pointed out) the story is from 2005
Story or not, McRib is on your local menu right now.Get one.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Say it ain't so.

You are a dolt.

August_West

Reaction Score
You are also a dolt.
"See Ya Later, McRib:" "The McRib has truly become a family affair for over 40 years, passing down the sandwich as tradition and making memories to last a lifetime. Now's your chance to share a McRib before it's gone."

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
"See Ya Later, McRib:" "The McRib has truly become a family affair for over 40 years, passing down the sandwich as tradition and making memories to last a lifetime. Now's your chance to share a McRib before it's gone."

Memories of the inside of a stall, maybe.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
never had one. don't plan to either. i mean, why would i when every single time i hit micky d's, mcdoubles are always on the menu? for me, going there is like my breakfast - almost always yogurt +, or less often, oatmeal, and rarely anything else. waffles, pancakes, and such are good, but only seem to grab my interest in the cold weather. kinda like soup.
i drink coffee only in the am, and always black. i ain't changing that routine anytime soon, either. don't really care what kind of java it is as long as it's black. been that way since i first started drinking it.
in general, i find sweet sauces on meat to be gross. only time it seems ok is the turkey and cranberry thing, yankee dna an all that. same dna precludes me from coming within a mile of cilantro without wanting to hurl.
McRib? mebbe they should bring out a McLiver sammich. pops sez everyone used to eat that way back, but no more. i say if they brought out a McChopped Liver sammich, i'd try that, but straight liver is kinda dry.

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Mmmmmm. Love the McRib.

Pork meat, raw onions, some kind of slather, soft bun.

Yep.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

You can make more memories with it next year.

Reaction Score
I’m a little confused now. The commercial last night for the McRib during the cowboys game said get one while you can during the farewell tour. This was a San Juan based feed however so not sure if same commercials in mainland

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom