McDonald's Men's All American Game ESPN 9 PM | Page 3 | The Boneyard

McDonald's Men's All American Game ESPN 9 PM

pj

Reaction Score
According to the info i just read, Bronny is already the top NIL earner of all college and HS athletes at $7.5 annually, which is more than double what any other athlete is earning.

There's less money in NIL than I realized. I'm willing to chip in $10 to make a UConn player the highest paid annually.

Reaction Score
Absolutely insane that DaJuan Wagner Jr. is a third generation All-American and likely a third generation NBA player. Even more impressive is Camden, NJ which is smaller than most of CT’s largest cities produced two AA’s in one year.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Im not convinced Bronny will go to college. I know they are paying lip service to leaning that way now, but Ill believe it when I see it.

Nevertheless if he does end up somewhere, it is going to be a circus sideshow with a one and done. No thanks. He would make bad or mid teams better, no doubt, but If you are an upper echelon program with continuity designs I could see it being a distraction.

Reaction Score
Even more impressive is Camden, NJ which is smaller than most of CT’s largest cities produced two AA’s in one year.

They didn't "produce" this level of basketball player. They recruit kids. This isn't Bristol Central. It's a basketball powerhouse cheating residency rules to pull better players.

I'm not sure about DJ, but Bradshaw was highly recruited to go to Camden and get him to transfer from Roselle. His hometown is well over an hour from Camden.

Stephon Castle's high school does some similar stuff, but Stephon is actually from the county where his HS is. Atlanta public basketball is on another level though... there's no comparison in CT.

Reaction Score
They didn't "produce" this level of basketball player. They recruit kids. This isn't Bristol Central. It's a basketball powerhouse cheating residency rules to pull better players.

I'm not sure about DJ, but Bradshaw was highly recruited to go to Camden and get him to transfer from Roselle. His hometown is well over an hour from Camden.

Stephon Castle's high school does some similar stuff, but Stephon is actually from the county where his HS is. Atlanta public basketball is on another level though... there's no comparison in CT.
The number of Atlanta area born draft picks and NBA players has to be among the highest in the country. There’s a surprising number of CT related families, and transplants in the ATL area. I’ve had multiple alumni in both buildings I’ve lived in. I hope Castle is just the beginning of creating a recruiting footprint here. It should be like out of state football schools recruiting Florida and Texas.

Reaction Score
The number of Atlanta area born draft picks and NBA players has to be among the highest in the country. There’s a surprising number of CT related families, and transplants in the ATL area. I’ve had multiple alumni in both buildings I’ve lived in. I hope Castle is just the beginning of creating a recruiting footprint here. It should be like out of state football schools recruiting Florida and Texas.
Ricky Moore and the right Lamb (Jeremy) agree!

Reaction Score

I get it, but isn’t Camden a public high school? How does this exactly work? Don’t you need to show residency?

I get catholic schools, prep schools, academies, etc. but how does that exactly work for a public school? No difference between Camden High and Bristol Central in that regard, or am I wrong?

Reaction Score
I get it, but isn’t Camden a public high school? How does this exactly work? Don’t you need to show residency?

I get catholic schools, prep schools, academies, etc. but how does that exactly work for a public school? No difference between Camden High and Bristol Central in that regard, or am I wrong?

Residency rules are a joke. Schools turn a blind eye in CT all the time, and Jersey is way more fast and loose with the rules than CT is.

I would venture to guess every starter on Camden either moved there specifically to play basketball or is playing fast and loose with residency rules. Always amazing how many kids end up living with a "cousin."

Reactions: MJ1
Reaction Score

Bradshaw lives in a house that Dejuan Wagner owns, I think. My recollection is that Camden uses some kind of magnet school loophole to get these kids that involves them paying a nominal "tuition" that is basically a completely arbitrary de minimis amount of money. And I believe the only students who are at Camden under this loophole happen to be on the basketball team. There was some kind of halfassed "investigation" into this done not that long ago.

Reaction Score
Bradshaw lives in a house that Dejuan Wagner owns, I think. My recollection is that Camden uses some kind of magnet school loophole to get these kids that involves them paying a nominal "tuition" that is basically a completely arbitrary de minimis amount of money. And I believe the only students who are at Camden under this loophole happen to be on the basketball team. There was some kind of halfassed "investigation" into this done not that long ago.

Totally forgot about this. It's basically like the Suffield or Glastonbury HS agriculture programs. Kids play on the same sports teams but are actually out-of-town kids. And in this case, the magnet school is conveniently only used by athletes.

Good shot the kid isn't paying a penny either. Home districts pay the tuition for magnet schools in CT... which is one reason why you see underfunded schools in Hartford, but a high per pupil spending.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom