(Maybe) some (good) news about Kia | The Boneyard

(Maybe) some (good) news about Kia

Reaction Score
At least it sounds like a short term problem:

Nurse will not play tomorrow against Temple and is not expected to be out there when UConn hosts Memphis on Saturday in the final regular season game at Gampel Pavilion. The best-case scenario is for her to be reexamined after the Memphis game and there is a chance she could return for the regular-season finale at South Florida. The good news is that the Huskies have nearly a week off between the end of the regular season and quarterfinals of the American Athletic Conference tournament so there is time for Nurse to get back into the flow.

The New Haven Register Blogs: Elm City to Eagleville

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
The positive in this is it's giving Crystal Dangerfield some extended minutes at the point. It's also giving her an opportunity to work through mistakes and game time situations.

Rest up Kia! We can't wait to get you back!!

Reaction Score
That's not what geno said last night on the coaches show. He said she will return to light practice on Wednesday and be reevaluated before the aac tournament but doesn't know if she will be able to play in the tourney. I posted this info in the original kia thread.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
She was interviewed a couple of days ago and I was reassured by her attitude and demeanor. Didn't seem like she is on needles and pins. Sure she would love to be out there sooner rather than later, of course.

Reaction Score
I would hold her out for USF.

We should be able to win that one without her, and the extra week of rest will be a big help.

We can ease her back into it during the AACT.

Reaction Score
Ankle injuries are a "pain"... they heal in their own time. Can't rush it!!! We need Kia come tourney time with s bit more seasoning for Danger... can only help in big picture.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I would skip the game in Florida. After that the next 7 games are in Connecticut. No sense having a problem in Florida and then having to get on a plane ride home.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
The good news is that the Huskies have nearly a week off between the end of the regular season and quarterfinals of the American Athletic Conference tournament so there is time for Nurse to get back into the flow.

I'd rather she rested until the first game of AAC tourney. Winning the NCAA tourney is more important than playing in the USF game.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If anything, I expect the Husky coaches and medical staff to be extra careful with bringing Kia back, particularly after blowing out Temple. They can get by for the next few weeks without Kia, if necessary. They need her back at 100% to make a run at their 12th national championship.

Kia is a fierce competitor and I'm sure that not playing is driving her crazy, but she is also all about the team, and would certainly trade a couple of games played for another national championship.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom