Maybe now the experts will stop wetting themselves over Baylor | The Boneyard

Maybe now the experts will stop wetting themselves over Baylor

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
UCONN systematically dismantled a really good Iowa team, and it took everything Baylor had in OT to beat 6 seed Michigan, who by the way, apparently was without their starting PG.

Baylor plays some smothering defense and has good size, but they don't seem to have a true PG. Michigan is noticeably smaller than UCONN, and still almost sprung the upset. Not saying it will be an easy game by any stretch, but man was I sick of the "Baylor has been the most impressive team in the NCAA's".

Not to mention the predictions by some that "Baylor will come out of that region and make it to the final 4".

NO THANK YOU. Or to quote Dikembe Mutombo from those commercials "NO NO NO... Not in my house!"...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If we play like we did today, with everyone showing up and doing their job and playing team ball then we can beat anyone. Baylor’s size and defence is my concern but Michigan didn’t seem to have too much trouble scoring.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
UCONN systematically dismantled a really good Iowa team, and it took everything Baylor had in OT to beat 6 seed Michigan, who by the way, apparently was without their starting PG.

Baylor plays some smothering defense and has good size, but they don't seem to have a true PG. Michigan is noticeably smaller than UCONN, and still almost sprung the upset. Not saying it will be an easy game by any stretch, but man was I sick of the "Baylor has been the most impressive team in the NCAA's".

Not to mention the predictions by some that "Baylor will come out of that region and make it to the final 4".

NO THANK YOU. Or to quote Dikembe Mutombo from those commercials "NO NO NO... Not in my house!"...

Side note - I HATE the fake eyelashes. Seriously, why???
And IMO Michigan was not as good a team as Iowa. Just sayin'.

Reaction Score
Even though my pants are still dry, I thought. and still think, that Baylor is a very impressive team. That said, as one poster said, if UConn shows up firing on all cylinders, they can win. But to me, it's all about matchups. And while Bueckers presents problems for any team, Baylor's size could be a real issue, especially if our bigs get into foul trouble. That's been noticeably absent from the team recently, but it's been an issue in the past, and would really create problems if it were to happen.

Reaction Score
There were some posters on here wetting their pants over Baylor as well. Hopefully they showered and changed drawls at least.
...and these "some posters" are UConn fans! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I don’t know that it was experts so much as people on this board. There was many a rant saying they deserved a 1 seed.

Didn’t look it today. Hopefully not the case that this was their wake up call and they’ll be much better on Monday.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I don’t know that it was experts so much as people on this board. There was many a rant saying they deserved a 1 seed.

Didn’t look it today. Hopefully not the case that this was their wake up call and they’ll be much better on Monday.

Some of the posters were wetting themselves in two places over Baylor not getting a #1 seed... hopefully they washed their faces as well. :cool:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
and I thought the BY was SPOILED? :eek:

Reaction Score
No chance with the media. They need to generate buzz so they will gin this up as battle of the titans and can the young huskies deal with the Baylor size... Can Paige handle the taller Richards guarding her. After today's performance I think Baylor has to pick a poison for Didi between Paige, CWill, and Evina. Didi can't be in three places at once.... it will be never ending.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I apologize if I sound like Tony +

I thought Baylor looked very ordinary today
Missed loads of chipie's, not so hot from the outside.
Thought that Iowa presented more problems (solved) for our defense
OK, their D and certainly their rebounding is a bit better than the Hawkeyes
But I don't foresee an especially difficult game

Reaction Score
I guess we are 'pampered'.
We're gonna need to hand out some Hug(gies) to calm everybody down...

Though in all seriousness, I'm still a bit worried. Maybe it's the memory of some recent previous losses. Still, I think UConn has the firepower to win. It'll take good teamwork, like in this Iowa game.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Baylor will be a lot tougher than Iowa. Iowa had a weak defense, and gave up a lot of offensive rebounds. Baylor has good defenders and rebounders. Expect a tough game. Will we shoot 60% against Baylor?

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I apologize if I sound like Tony +

I thought Baylor looked very ordinary today
Missed loads of chipie's, not so hot from the outside.
Thought that Iowa presented more problems (solved) for our defense
OK, their D and certainly their rebounding is a bit better than the Hawkeyes
But I don't foresee an especially difficult game
Smith going 11 for 11 is hardly ordinary. More All American, and the first time it's been done.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
If Amy Dilk was available to play for the Wolverines, I thought Baylor would've gone down. She's used to taking -- and making -- mid- and long-range shots. Plus, she would've swiped even more high dribbles from Ms. Richards. UConn guards should trap Richards her early and often -- she is not a point or even lead guard.

The team that I'd be worrying about is Maryland. They outscored Iowa (twice) and can put up astronomical numbers. They're long -- like UConn -- up front and having Angel Reese back to join Mimi Collins makes them double trouble. But they have multiple options to score. .Watch out for Diamond Miller -- she's like a fledgeling combination of Jewell Loyd meeting Jackie Young. Long, physical and good to the hoop. Too many scorers for the +1 to cover.

Outside of the Terps, I think Huskies roll!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom