Massey's Ratings | The Boneyard

Massey's Ratings

Reaction Score
#1 on SOS? Interesting.
I think Massey SOS looks back at last 10 games in the early season. Thus, UConn played South Carolina, Stanford and NC State in the tourney and are getting credit for those games until they play eight, nine, ten games this season.

@Plebe correct me if I am wrong.

Reaction Score
#1 on SOS? Interesting.
sure. They've played the strongest schedule already, and with 4 BE teams in the top 25 and one getting a mention, it clearly means they are playing more ranked teams than the rest of the top 25. Who else SHOULD have the #1SOS?

Reaction Score
It's still a bit early for Massey to mean much, but it's nice to be at #2. I'm guessing ND moved down because of the loss to MD.
as it should be. consideration for CT losing on the road to a top 10 ranked team in a very hostile environment. They also have to consider that ND has played zero top 10's and lost to their only top 20 ranked opponent. VS CT playing 4 top 10's and winning 3. ND's SOS is 16 for future games, UConn is #4. Makes sense to me.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I think Massey SOS looks back at last 10 games in the early season. Thus, UConn played South Carolina, Stanford and NC State in the tourney and are getting credit for those games until they play eight, nine, ten games this season.

I've never heard that a 10-game window is specifically used.

Massey's preseason ratings are "based on an extrapolation recent years' results, tuned to fit historical trends and regression to the mean." As the current season's games begin to be played and factored in, the preseason rating is gradually phased out to irrelevancy. Massey's SOS rating, AFAICT, runs the same course of phasing in the new, phasing out the old.

This page is what I'm relying on for my info:

Reaction Score

That is not correct. It only looks at this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom