Maryland @ Louisville | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Maryland @ Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hey, I want that poster who was saying that Simmons is better than Shoni to come back.

Never said that. I said the stats were similar and was arguing against the significant or incredible improvement of Shomel as opposed to the perceived lack of development of Simmons and of the perception that Simmons is SEC player of the year, but is a detriment to her team. Incompatible contradiction(don't ask me to explain that choice of words. I am trying to get through this thread). But here I am if you are looking for me. Not going anywhere.

Reaction Score
Louisville had a long stretch of their shots not falling. That made me nervous because of the stretches we have had........I think playing for a final 4 spot is nerve-wracking!

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Great play design by Walz at the end. He got the ball to his best shooter with a chance to tie in 3 seconds, going the length of the court. Pretty incredible.

Reaction Score
Frese would have had that monkey on her back for all time. Dumb timeout.
seriously, they were down what 12, with 1 min to go? Jesus... THat woulda been one of the best comebacks in all of sports this year.

Reaction Score
If Maryland can hold on.... they will be the Big 10's first Final 4 participant since 2005.

You're saying Maryland is not in the ACC? When did that happen? Did Maryland win the Big 10 title? Of course, I could look all of this up:rolleyes:.

Reaction Score
Louisville had a long stretch of their shots not falling. That made me nervous because of the stretches we have had...I think playing for a final 4 spot is nerve-wracking!

Coach Auriemma has said on more than one occasion that the Elite Eight game is the most difficult game to win.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Ogum has to reach for that entry pass knowing a defender is inside her shorts! A good decision wasted.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So ... I am surprised. I honestly did not think Maryland would make it out of this region, but Thomas is a horse! And while I think they had a very good game plan and played well I do think they desperately tried to lose the game at the end - including that time-out at the end.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Coach Auriemma has said on more than one occasion that the Elite Eight game is the most difficult game to win.

The announcer doing the Stanford/UNC game reported Tara saying the same thing.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The announcer doing the Stanford/UNC game reported Tara saying the same thing.

Ive heard a few other coaches say the same thing... cant remember which ones right now.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I know there are a few fans down in Knoxville that are disappointed in this result

The LVs have to be kicking themselves (still) after watching that display.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The LVs have to be kicking themselves (still) after watching that display.

Gonna be interesting to see who they pull for... I'd imagine they will be behind the Stanford/UNC winner

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Gonna be interesting to see who they pull for... I'd imagine they will be behind the Stanford/UNC winner
I think the answer to that silly question is "anybody but Uconn"!!!:)

Reaction Score
I think the answer to that silly question is "anybody but Uconn"!!!:)

You're probably right because of the tie in NCs, but they REALLY hate Frese. And they're not fond of ND/Muffet either.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
You're probably right because of the tie in NCs, but they REALLY hate Frese. And they're not fond of ND/Muffet either.
So what you are saying is this Nashville idea which was brilliant when the fantasy that TN would get there was still alive, has turned into something like their worst nightmare?!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

A Maryland/UConn final would really challenge the LV fans. Many colorful adjectives were used to describe Brenda after her pre-game speech. She and Geno are neck and neck on the most hated list.
So what you are saying is this Nashville idea which was brilliant when the fantasy that TN would get there was still alive, has turned into something like their worst nightmare?!

They'll pull for Stanford. Tara doesn't cheat like Geno, doesn't say contemptible things about Pat like Brenda and doesn't say or do whatever it is that Muffet has said or done to provoke their ire towards her.

Reaction Score
Oh my... Brenda Frese at the FF. :rolleyes:
I think she did a great job coaching this game.

Louisville was playing at home in front of a big crowd and they were behind at the half. They were turning the ball over in the first half and they stopped doing that. Dee Brown's kid played an awesome game. Maryland made adjustments to throw Shoni off every time she shot. They also controlled the inside game in the second half.

Allysa Thomas deserves to get at least one Final Four appearance as does the Terps with this effort.

Reaction Score
and doesn't say or do whatever it is that Muffet has said or done to provoke their ire towards her.

You mean kick TN's a-- up and down the court 4 straight years?

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
25 turnovers will not get it done against the Irish.

Reaction Score
True.
But her team knocked off Louisville at Louisville.
Perhaps the idea that a NC winning coach has no ability can finally be put to rest.

and she beat the coach who supposedly was the reason that maryland won the championship a few years ago. walz gets too much credit, and freese not enough.

Reaction Score
Maybe Louisville started taking the Terps too lightly. Like when Asia Taylor tried to do the behind the back pass on the fast break at the start of the second half. She should've just pulled up and gave the ball to a guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom