Maryland (9) @ North Carolina St (13) - 12/05/19 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Maryland (9) @ North Carolina St (13) - 12/05/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Crutchfield taking over...timeout Maryland. 5 points for Kai in this stretch. 2:23 left...Pack up 62-53.

Reaction Score
Nc State is definitely an elite eight caliber team and they can definitely win the Acc championship
I don’t think they played that great, but Maryland was terrible.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Final: NC State holds off Maryland, 66-59 to go to 9-0 on the season. Maryland falls to 7-2. Kai Cructchfield with 19 points for NC State...Elissa Cunane with 16 to go along with 14 rebounds. Taylor Mikesell led Maryland with 13 points.

NC State outrebounded Maryland 51-27.

Reaction Score
I don’t think they played that great, but Maryland was terrible.
They didn’t play great at all but neither are none of the other top teams in the country. Imagine if NC State didn’t have all those turnovers and you can clearly see what they can potentially can do. I don’t think any team is unbeatable right now after last week.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I was happy many people got to see NC St play as I think they have been underrated.
For Maryland I do think this helps them playing on the road against a quality opponent. I was confused why Brenda plays Osuwu so much as she can shoot the team out of game and she needs to learn that. Austin also was disappointing again in a big game. Again though, this was good for Maryland to know what they need to work on. They have talent and will evolve with this.
NC State-Louisville are legit as the top two. FSU is 3rd and needs to step it up against Mich St to warrant their lofty rank.

Reaction Score
They didn’t play great at all but neither are none of the other top teams in the country. Imagine if NC State didn’t have all those turnovers and you can clearly see what they can potentially can do. I don’t think any team is unbeatable right now after last week.

Turnovers are mostly created by great defense, but missing multiple bunnies is beating yourself. Maryland beat themselves tonight.

Reaction Score
Turnovers are mostly created by great defense, but missing multiple bunnies is beating yourself. Maryland beat themselves tonight.
Louisville just lost to Ohio State. You think NC State can win the acc?

Reaction Score
Louisville just lost to Ohio State. You think NC State can win the acc?

They also beat Oregon.

NCSU has had a soft schedule until this Maryland game. I’m surprised no one has pointed it out.
North Carolina A&T
UNCW
Lamar
Maine
St Mary’s
Texas
Hawaii
North Texas

Only thing I could gather from the Maryland game is that neither team looked very good, and Maryland should have won but they beat themselves.

Could NCSU win the ACC? Anything’s possible at this point. Do I feel confident they will? Not based on anything I’ve seen.

Reaction Score
I was happy many people got to see NC St play as I think they have been underrated.
For Maryland I do think this helps them playing on the road against a quality opponent. I was confused why Brenda plays Osuwu so much as she can shoot the team out of game and she needs to learn that. Austin also was disappointing again in a big game. Again though, this was good for Maryland to know what they need to work on. They have talent and will evolve with this.
NC State-Louisville are legit as the top two. FSU is 3rd and needs to step it up against Mich St to warrant their lofty rank.

I had NC State as a top ten team this year and maybe even better. They have a lot of talent and are well coached. They didn’t even play well.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
They also beat Oregon.

NCSU has had a soft schedule until this Maryland game. I’m surprised no one has pointed it out.
North Carolina A&T
UNCW
Lamar
Maine
St Mary’s
Texas
Hawaii
North Texas

Only thing I could gather from the Maryland game is that neither team looked very good, and Maryland should have won but they beat themselves.

Could NCSU win the ACC? Anything’s possible at this point. Do I feel confident they will? Not based on anything I’ve seen.

NC State didn't look like a well-oiled machine last night...but had enough in the tank to overcome sloppiness and 28 turnovers to beat a top 10 team, so that just shows they have a deep reserve of talent. I don't know if fatigue played a factor; they did not return from Hawaii until very early Monday morning and then had a big game Thursday evening. In addition to the turnovers, State left 6 points at the FT line. That is usually a sign of tired legs.

Maryland also did a wonderful job of disrupting NC State's offensive flow. l don't know how many times...but it must have been 10 or 11 possessions, the Wolfpack Women were just dribbling the ball and then scrambling to attack the basket when the shot clock was down to under 10 seconds. Even the crowd tried to help them by loudly counting down the remaining seconds on the shot clock. We have lots of young players getting crucial game minutes now and they'll improve on this as the season wears on.

I will take the win and be satisfied that it's highly unlikely the Wolfpack Women will commit that many errors again in one game this season.

Reaction Score
They also beat Oregon.

North Carolina A&T
UNCW
Lamar
Maine
St Mary’s
Texas
Hawaii
North Texas

In my opinion, they look no worse than every other game I’ve seen this season thus far. Yes, Louisville beat Oregon which in turn says a lot about Oregon. NC State returns most of their top scorers from a season ago from a team that did pretty well and they have a good coach so I expect the same or more. As far as Maryland goes, they’ve always been mediocre I never expect them to win any tough game. This is great win for NC State’s resume.

Reaction Score
Again though, this was good for Maryland to know what they need to work on. They have talent and will evolve with this.
This.
They really need to work on their rebounding. It's been bad all year. I really like Watson. She might be the most underrated player in the country. She is a lock down defender and she is as good as Mikesell shooting the three pointer.
The most disappointing part of the season thus far is Kaila Charles. She's not playing like an All American and not even an All Big 10 player. She commits way too many turnovers and missing a lot of easy shots this season. Definitely not the same player as we saw as a sophomore and a junior.
Congrats to NC State on the win.

Reaction Score
I thought this was 2 good teams going at it last night. Both have talent on their roster and an inside/outside game. I thought NC State's BIG played best down the stretch, which opened up the 3-ball.

Reaction Score
They really need to work on their rebounding. It's been bad all year.

Easy solution: Start Jones next to Austin in the post.

I really like Watson. She might be the most underrated player in the country. She is a lock down defender and she is as good as Mikesell shooting the three pointer.
I guess they have too many good players. Somebody needs to be a spark off the bench.
The most disappointing part of the season thus far is Kaila Charles. She's not playing like an All American and not even an All Big 10 player. She commits way too many turnovers and missing a lot of easy shots this season. Definitely not the same player as we saw as a sophomore and a junior.

As far as I can tell, she’s playing out of position at the 4, sorta like Geno playing Gabby in the post. I think she’s better off at the SF, even though she’s not proficient at the three.

Reaction Score
Stephanie Jones had 0 rebounds yesterday. Maybe both Austins and Jones will work. It did last season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom