Martin’s Layup Yips | The Boneyard

Martin’s Layup Yips

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Why? How does he fix it? He routinely leaves 6-8 easy points a game rattling off the rim. Seems every year we have a guy with layup yips. Reminds me of Larrier.

Reaction Score
Why? How does he fix it? He routinely leaves 6-8 easy points a game rattling off the rim. Seems every year we have a guy with layup yips. Reminds me of Larrier.
Looks like he was nursing an ankle injury or a knee injury last game. You could see him grimacing and then took a shot to the knee from Cole. He wasn’t as explosive going to the cup hence he left a bunch of them short. It’s weird though, 2 games in a row where he can’t make the bunnies. I bet it won’t continue to happen.

Reaction Score
I think they will start to foul.

It's one of the tough things about being a great undersized rebounder. He's not small,, but he is often sandwiched by the other teams bigs when he pulls down an OB. Then he's a SF going up again the other teams C or PF in the paint. That's a tough ask of anyone.

When nobody is on his back, I'd like to see him pivot out and develop a little baby hook.

Anyways, I thought Carlton was like that a little bit at the start of his freshman year. The game will just slow down a bit for him, and they'll start to fall.

Reaction Score
He's just padding his rebounding statistics
Larrier had an awful lot of bunnies. He was taller than Martin. Maybe his injury history did him in and took away some spring.

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
They will start to fall. Like i said yesterday, he's the key to our success and probably the most important player we have the next few years. Just a few years ago we couldn't get a single offensive rebound, smh!

Reaction Score
He did this in the games i saw him play at RI. Its wierd. He misses a lot of bunnies.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
He did this in the games i saw him play at RI. Its wierd. He misses a lot of bunnies.
My guess is that he’s rushing the shot because he’s in proximity of the trees. It’s a little bit knowing who’s around you and a little bit of the nervous nellies. He’ll get better but it’s not going away. Interior guys have 4-8” on him with reach. What’s funny is that his rebounding mentality is fearless and normally you’d expect that to carry over around the basket with the ball in his hands.

Reaction Score
I’m sure it’s been talked about during film. It bothers me as well but I wouldn’t put the writing on the wall if we are winning games

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My guess is that he’s rushing the shot because he’s in proximity of the trees. It’s a little bit knowing who’s around you and a little bit of the nervous nellies. He’ll get better but it’s not going away. Interior guys have 4-8” on him with reach. What’s funny is that his rebounding mentality is fearless and normally you’d expect that to carry over around the basket with the ball in his hands.
We`ll see. I seen him missing layups on fast breaks when no one was really around him. Its just wierd.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
He is penetrating too deep and then not giving himself a good angle on the finish. The help defense had pinned him in under the backboard on most of those ugly misses, which made them low percentage shots despite how close he was. He needs to get rid of the ball on the penetration a few times or take a 5 foot floater. This will keep the help defense honest.

Reaction Score
Screenshot_2021-01-10_212414.jpg

Perfect summary of the Boneyard

Reaction Score
To me he seems to rush things in traffic. The best teaching advice I ever heard related to this topic is that "you finish in the paint with your eyes". You have to find your target, the square on the backboard, with your eyes. As silly as that may sound, when you're in a sea of bodies and trying to get a shot up quickly, some players just sort of throw a shot up there without finding their target.

Reaction Score
Both he and Josh appear to have the same problem..... No touch when going up for the layup in heavy traffic...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom