Marlene Stollings Wins Lawsuit | The Boneyard

Marlene Stollings Wins Lawsuit

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
I wonder about the thread title. Reaching a settlement is far from “wins lawsuit”.

The trial was scheduled for September. A settlement is obviously better than a loss, and not as good as a win.
Most of her charges in the lawsuit were thrown out.
Without seeing the specific terms of the settlement, which are often kept confidential, it is hard to say if her exultant tweet is justified.

I wonder about the response of the many girls who left Texas Tech., claiming abuse by this former coach.

For more background, we discussed this case previously.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wonder about the thread title. Reaching a settlement is far from “wins lawsuit”.

The trial was scheduled for September. A settlement is obviously better than a loss, and not as good as a win.
Most of her charges in the lawsuit were thrown out.
Without seeing the specific terms of the settlement, which are often kept confidential, it is hard to say if her exultant tweet is justified.

I wonder about the response of the many girls who left Texas Tech., claiming abuse by this former coach.

For more background, we discussed this case previously.

Makes me wonder why she is tweeing about "equality." Equal to abuse kids the same way a men's coach is?

Reaction Score
Good for Coach Stollings. It is never easy in these situations but good for Coach Stollings on this win.

Reaction Score
Wow. @visitingcock and @JellyBean have opposed views on this.

Me, very confused. Allegations and statement from players were awful. So, not getting the big flick here. If any of those allegations were true, I hope she doesn’t ever Coach again, at any level.

I guess her and Coach Q are raising their glasses to a new order? Scary stuff.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is a problem that extends beyond the WBB team from what I'm seeing. Someone else posted recently on the board that a tennis coach has been fired for similar reasons. Think it was the third coach for women's athletic programs there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom