Mare of Easttown - HBO | The Boneyard

Mare of Easttown - HBO

Reaction Score
3 episodes in and this seems like a winner. Kate Winslet has been phenomenal, very gruff and grumpy exterior. There are aspects of this that seem a little too close to "The Killing" which had a great run about 10 years ago, but my wife and I are really enjoying this show thus far.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I am not watching shows that are depressing for the sake of being depressing. Is this one of those shows?

Reaction Score
Winslet is excellent as is this series thus far, very good! I mean honestly a role I would've never expected her to be in never mind be so damn good at.

Reaction Score
I had secondhand embarrassment when she got nailed for that thing she did.. DOHHHHHHH

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I am also enjoying it . Its a limited series so a few more episodes left I think.

Reaction Score
The finale was the most profoundly sad hour of television I've perhaps ever watched.

Dammit it’s on the schedule for tonight I was looking forward to it :confused:

Reaction Score
The finale was the most profoundly sad hour of television I've perhaps ever watched.
I Know This Much Is True might have Mare beat.

What an amazing miniseries. Kate Winslet was fantastic as was the entire cast. Story was phenomenal. HBO continues to give me reasons not to cancel.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Geezus. What the hell is wrong with you people? That was one of the most brutally heavy finales I’ve ever seen.

I hate all of you for getting me into this. I was avoiding the series because I thought it was about a horse.

Seriously though, great watch. And now I am sobbing like a baby on a Sunday afternoon.

Reaction Score
This was the best one season show I can remember. Great characters. So much better than a bunch of rich drinking lattes in Monterey. Actually that show wasn’t bad but this was better.

Reaction Score
I Know This Much Is True might have Mare beat.

What an amazing miniseries. Kate Winslet was fantastic as was the entire cast. Story was phenomenal. HBO continues to give me reasons not to cancel.

As a fan of the book, I liked I know this much is true, but I feel like Mare was better based on originality. IKTMIT was also way too dark for Covid.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
This was the best one season show I can remember. Great characters. So much better than a bunch of rich drinking lattes in Monterey. Actually that show wasn’t bad but this was better.
I would put Queen’s Gambit a slight bit above it but agree it was excellent.

Reaction Score
As a fan of the book, I liked I know this much is true, but I feel like Mare was better based on originality. IKTMIT was also way too dark for Covid.
I was talking specifically about M.S.G.'s comment about the finale being "most profoundly sad hour of television." I did like Mare of Eastown better than IKTMIT as a whole.

Reaction Score
I was talking specifically about M.S.G.'s comment about the finale being "most profoundly sad hour of television." I did like Mare of Eastown better than IKTMIT as a whole.

I thought the ending of the book IKTMIT was far more cathartic and surprising than the tv show. It made all the pain and suffering seem almost worth it.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Late to this, binged it in one sitting late last night. Agreed very good. I got a little frustrated with all the red herrings. Half of the town was implicated it seemed like. I've been a fan of Angourie Rice for a while. Not the juiciest role, she was there but not given a whole lot to do most of the time.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Late to this, binged it in one sitting late last night. Agreed very good. I got a little frustrated with all the red herrings. Half of the town was implicated it seemed like. I've been a fan of Angourie Rice for a while. Not the juiciest role, she was there but not given a whole lot to do most of the time.
Now you have to watch this:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Now you have to watch this:
I barely recognized Heidi Gardner since she wasn't every boxer's wife from every movie about boxing, or a teenager who finds everything so embarrassing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom