March non-UConn Recruiting Thread | The Boneyard

March non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
MASSIVE get for Rueck and OSU:

Great news. OSU seems to take the approach of limiting their targets and have been doing a really good job of getting their targets to commit in recent years. Rueck and staff seem to identify who they have a reasonable chance of getting and then get it done. Starting w/ their '19 class they are really raising their level of recruiting.

Reaction Score
This gives Oregon State two ESPN top 10 recruits for 2022, with Timea Gardiner at No. 4 overall and Reagan Beers at No. 10 overall. Their third commit is Adlee Blacklock, a sharpshooting guard from Lubbock, Texas. She is not ranked, but could be top 50 if she wasn't sitting out this season with an ACL (?) injury. After watching Stanford blowout a tired OSU team is the Pac-12 tournament, Timea probably felt Stanford didn't need any more help.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
This gives Oregon State two ESPN top 10 recruits for 2022, with Timea Gardiner at No. 4 overall and Reagan Beers at No. 10 overall. Their third commit is Adlee Blacklock, a sharpshooting guard from Lubbock, Texas. She is not ranked, but could be top 50 if she wasn't sitting out this season with an ACL (?) injury. After watching Stanford blowout a tired OSU team is the Pac-12 tournament, Timea probably felt Stanford didn't need any more help.

Gardiner and Beers will make a formidable post duo. Rueck has a way with developing post players so this is an outstanding recruiting job!

Reaction Score
Jones and Brown should still be there, so that could be a loaded front court.
I would not be surprised if Gardiner and Beers are both selected as McDonald All Americans in 2022, giving Oregon State 5 MAAs on its 2022-23 team. Kennedy Brown, Sasha Goforth, and Greta Kampschroeder are already MAAs and will still be on the team in 2022-23...add in Taylor Jones and Talia von Oelhoffen....Beavers have the potential to be very, very good.

Reaction Score
Having seen film of Adlee Blacklock, I'm equally excited about this kid. She can flat out shoot, and score. 6'0" tall, with great handles and terrific 3-point shooter. Another outstanding recruiting class for OSU. Happy to be a season ticket holder.

Reaction Score
ASGR just boosted Oregon State to the number 1 recruiting class for 2022 with these 3 recruits:
No. 3 6'3/C Timea Gardiner
No. 12, 6'3/F Raegan Beers
No. 61, 6'0/G Adlee Blacklock (website says "Antonia Bates" but their editor needs to wake up)

[information borrowed from an earlier post by "beaverwbb fan" on bennyshouse.com]

Ok, yeah I know it is very, very, very early for 2022 class rankings and things will surely change. Nevertheless, Oregon
State's 2021 recruiting class ended up ranked 12th by ASGR, and that was with just 2 recruits who were
ranked lower (No. 22, 6'0/G Talia Von Oelhoffen and No. 48, 6'0/F Greta Kampschroeder) than Gardiner and Beers.
So, the chances Oregon State ends up in the top 10 or higher for 2022 seem good. I think OSU is done recruiting players for 2022 (but I could be wrong).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nice article on Timea Gardiner's commit to Oregon State, but for a managing editor of ProspectsNation.com, it didn't take him long to call Oregon State "Oregon"...like in the first sentence! Maybe Mr. Hansen should go back to editing school.

EDIT - ok, the mistake has since been corrrected.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well, didn't Wynn have 4 top 100 kids signed at the "other" UW? Hate it for those kids.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Lau has mentioned here before I believe.

There was an All-Star Game held at the Gaucho's Gym in the Bronx on Halloween, 2020, and she was among the players in it and got a few shout-outs during the webscast, if memory serves. I remember it, primarily because Sonia Citron played (and did well!) and Paris Clark, from LI Lutheran ? :D All power to Ms. Lau for heading out to play for "Uncle" Joe McKeown, who has had a nice run. New facilities might be helping, too! And she gets to attend a great school, too!

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
The bench must be going crazy

Not really.
As one of the regular recruiting posters on the Bench, we're pretty well aware of ND positional needs as we move forward.
Niele was/is clearly looking to bring in another PG durng Olivia Miles' junior year to get a year or two under her belt before Miles moves on. Williams and Kamorea Arnold were the two offered targets that we know of.

So, while Ms. Williams is off to LA, Niele Ivey can now focus on Ms. Arnold in Wisconsin. As my Bench colleague, MPG, noted, Ms. Arnold is from east of the Mississippi, which seems to be a prerequisite for coming to ND (if your name isn't Bri Turner).

This was a really early decision...March of sophomore year. I thought she'd knock her "finalists" down a tinge and maybe take a few visits once the NCAA loosens up the recruiting protocols after June 1. Surprise!

One last thought: the state of Missouri has produced two highly rated hoopsters named Williams and they both have bolted for states on the coasts: Jada to California (UCLA) and Priscilla to New York (the 'cuse).

Now, if Ms. Arnold declares early for somewhere else, then there will be some shakin' and bakin'...and frettin'....on the Bench. Until then, we're just glad Olivia Miles is offically just a freshman this fall.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger