MAL to BCU | The Boneyard

MAL to BCU

Reaction Score
Props to Jim Christian to recifying their PG dearth after Ky Bowman left early for the pros.

Derryck Thornton will be a very good one-year stop gap while MAL will try to take the reins for the following two seasons.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not when they're at BCU. I root for him again when he makes the show.

BCU has been so bad so long you don’t even have to root against them. Hard to see MAL making a dent in their winning percentage. The whole can’t shoot thing is a bit of a ceiling.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He just needs to be able to find a way to put the ball in the basket - he’s just so limited offensively that I have a hard time seeing him being an impact player in the ACC.

The year off might do him good.

Reaction Score
He just needs to be able to find a way to put the ball in the basket - he’s just so limited offensively that I have a hard time seeing him being an impact player in the ACC.

Agreed that he could definitely use the redshirt year.

Christian gets a good rep for how he developed Robinson and Bowman. Now rather than undervalued/overperforming types, he has Thornton and MAL, a couple of the bigger busts in recent memory. It’s going to be interesting to see how those reclamation projects go.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah, you still do.

I would if they ever threatened to win 3-4 games. The energy is better spent rooting against them in football where they are live.

Reaction Score
This is a no lose situation for Christian. MAL gets to sit one year and work on his game, so he should improve. Also, MAL is from Massachusetts and when was the last time BC got a highly rated (in HS) recruit from Massachusetts? It may help BC’s local recruiting which has never recovered after BC denied admission to some local recruits and Jim O’Brien left.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This is a no lose situation for Christian. MAL gets to sit one year and work on his game, so he should improve. Also, MAL is from Massachusetts and when was the last time BC got a highly rated (in HS) recruit from Massachusetts? It may help BC’s local recruiting which has never recovered after BC denied admission to some local recruits and Jim O’Brien left.

They didn't get a highly-rated recruit; they got a kid who washed out of Providence.

pj

Reaction Score
They didn't get a highly-rated recruit; they got a kid who washed out of Providence.

Yes, but giving him a home in the ACC may help BC with Vin Pastore and Mass Rivals.

Reaction Score
What do you mean? Just because he couldn’t make in the Big East doesn’t mean he won’t make it in a lesser conference. Can’t believe he left though. Hasn’t he heard of MSG?

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
BCU has been so bad so long you don’t even have to root against them. Hard to see MAL making a dent in their winning percentage. The whole can’t shoot thing is a bit of a ceiling.

Weren't there an awful lot of people shocked and dismayed when he chose Providence? I wrote in another thread that shooting is everything. And here we go, can't shoot, washed out at Providence, now heading for BC. I hate highlight vids where all we see are breakaway dunks, layups blowing past matador D, or blocks on 6-2 power forwards.

The year off might do him good, if he spends it with a great shooting coach.

Reaction Score
He should be taking 1000 jump shots a day. If that doesn’t help I’m not sure he plays in Europe.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom