Makurat Signs with Poland’s Gorzów | The Boneyard

Makurat Signs with Poland’s Gorzów

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I’m so excited for Anna! Last year’s team has familiar names like Kathleen Doyle, Megan Gustafson, Sheridene Greene, and Shatori Walker-Kimbrough.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Very cool. Clearly enjoyed her uniform colors. ;)

- I am very excited that I will start my professional career in Gorzów. As an athlete, I always strive for victories and I believe that this season will bring a lot of satisfaction and joy to both the club and all fans of Gorzow's basketball! I am very happy and looking forward to playing in navy blue, blue and white colors. I hope that we will all meet in the hall soon - said Anna Makurat.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This quote was leading the article

'Anna Makurat, hailed by many basketball experts as the greatest Polish basketball talent of the 21st century'

Since I am not a historian in any way, any comments on this? Who is her competition?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

'Anna Makurat, hailed by many basketball experts as the greatest Polish basketball talent of the 21st century'

Since I am not a historian in any way, any comments on this? Who is her competition?

The only other famous women’s player from Poland I can name offhand is Margo Dydek, who still holds the WNBA record for blocks. Dydek was a really big deal in Poland, so it’s a hearty complement to Anna.

Reaction Score

are u sayin the bar is low?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The only other famous women’s player from Poland I can name offhand is Margo Dydek, who still holds the WNBA record for blocks. Dydek was a really big deal in Poland, so it’s a hearty complement to Anna.
Looking her up, She was 7' 2". Tallest player in WNBA history.

Reaction Score
Looking her up, She was 7' 2". Tallest player in WNBA history.

Becky Hammon preparing for her future role as an NBA coach by guarding Margo.

o2V9kt-MFCXUWt8HCI_5MYJc7kCx4qnoV1uTlKLyTdc.jpg

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am happy for Anna and wish her well..but I do hope she continues with her education in Poland.
She has mastered the Physics of the 3pt shot. Must be a degree for that.

Reaction Score
She gave up a free education for a few grand? Her free education was worth 10x that.
And maybe, just maybe, being 4,000 miles from home had something to do with her decision. That is something that has no price tag.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom