Makes no sense | The Boneyard

Makes no sense

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They traded Renfroe, for a guy who plays GG defense in center and two prospects. Chris Cotillo: Why did the Red Sox trade Hunter Renfroe to bring back Jackie Bradley Jr.?

It's a salary dump by the Brewers. Bradley will play better back in Boston and is probably the 4th OF. If he hits, he lets them move Kike to 2B, which is currently the biggest hole on the team. If Duran comes up and makes and impact, Jackie is depth. If one of the 2B in the minors makes an impact, Kike plays CF and JB is depth. For that they got two interesting prospects.

Now get another bat at either LF or RF. Verdugo can move to right if needed.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Not a fan of this move

They the mistake not trading him away in 2020

Trading for him is a step backwards

Reaction Score
They traded Renfroe, for a guy who plays GG defense in center and two prospects. Chris Cotillo: Why did the Red Sox trade Hunter Renfroe to bring back Jackie Bradley Jr.?

It's a salary dump by the Brewers. Bradley will play better back in Boston and is probably the 4th OF. If he hits, he lets them move Kike to 2B, which is currently the biggest hole on the team. If Duran comes up and makes and impact, Jackie is depth. If one of the 2B in the minors makes an impact, Kike plays CF and JB is depth. For that they got two interesting prospects.

Now get another bat at either LF or RF. Verdugo can move to right if needed.

Like the optimism and thoughts. But still a baffler to me. Love Bradley 's glove but he hit 160. Maybe they just move Kike to RF and play Bradley in CF (10 mill is alot to pay for a 4th OFer, I assume he plays)?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Like the optimism and thoughts. But still a baffler to me. Love Bradley 's glove but he hit 160. Maybe they just move Kike to RF and play Bradley in CF (10 mill is alot to pay for a 4th OFer, I assume he plays)?

They just bought prospects with the money and upgraded the D. I don't think they wanted Renfroe. JBJ hit .280 I think, last time in Boston and is probably a .250 hitter. Renfroe was waived by Tampa and Boston picked him up cheap. He's never had a season like last season. Hit .159 for Tampa the year before. Hunter Renfroe Stats | Baseball-Reference.com He was horrible in the playoffs and I think they see him reverting to his mean, and see JBJ doing the same. That makes them both .250 hitters, and JBJ plays stellar defense. Then they get two prospects.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
They didn't trade for JBJ. They traded for the prospects. Continually saying it wrong or creating more threads doesn't make it any more true.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So the Sox worked to get payroll flexibility so they could pick up JBJ in a salary dump? I have a better chance of seeing 200 than JBJ has seeing .250.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom