OT: - Luckiest Men Alive | The Boneyard

OT: Luckiest Men Alive

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Massive rain storms hit western panhandle of Florida on Wednesday and Thursday. 12-16 inches in less than 24 hours.

A sheriff deputy on patrol saw some stranded motorists on a road that flooded out.

While the deputy was going to rescue one of the people a drain hole sucked the deputy and other person down in to a drain pipe. They were pulled through the pipe with flood water for almost 100' and spent about 30 seconds submerged. Both made it through the other side unhurt.

Deputy's camera footage is below.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
HFS

That is absolutely incredible. Cop pops out of what he no doubt thought was a fatal situation and in one second, he’s back to first responder mode.

Those two dudes need to get together tomorrow and have a couple of beers.

Reaction Score
Oh wow.

Don’t know what Escambia County Sheriff’s highest commendation is…but I’m thinking Deputy Hollingsworth is gonna be put in for. The intro before the footage sounds just like a citation.

Thanks for sharing.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Here's the news article about it.

Just one more reason to not go messing around with flooded out areas. Sink holes, down power lines, etc are all lethal.

In this case the rain just overwhelmed the roads and the deputy was out doing his job, but my goodness, I can't fathom what went through his head the first second he felt the water pling hom inder and knowing he couldn't do anything about it.

Reaction Score
HFS

That is absolutely incredible. Cop pops out of what he no doubt thought was a fatal situation and in one second, he’s back to first responder mode.

Those two dudes need to get together tomorrow and have a couple of beers.
That guy would be my new best friend for life, just because.

Kudos to the camera manufacturer.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I thought this was going to be a thread about us :)

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Massive rain storms hit western panhandle of Florida on Wednesday and Thursday. 12-16 inches in less than 24 hours.

A sheriff deputy on patrol saw some stranded motorists on a road that flooded out.

While the deputy was going to rescue one of the people a drain hole sucked the deputy and other person down in to a drain pipe. They were pulled through the pipe with flood water for almost 100' and spent about 30 seconds submerged. Both made it through the other side unhurt.

Deputy's camera footage is below.

'Gotta do what you gotta do, but that would scare the hell out of me. I still want watch that underwater scene in the Poseidon Adventure.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I would suspect the camera manufacturer would use this footage at the next convention where they peddle their wares and also feature it on their website.
Definitely. But I'd ask the two guys first. And throw some $ their way if they ask.

Reaction Score
I would suspect the camera manufacturer would use this footage at the next convention where they peddle their wares and also feature it on their website.
If they don't someone should be fired.

Reaction Score
Here's the news article about it.

Just one more reason to not go messing around with flooded out areas. Sink holes, down power lines, etc are all lethal.

In this case the rain just overwhelmed the roads and the deputy was out doing his job, but my goodness, I can't fathom what went through his head the first second he felt the water pling hom inder and knowing he couldn't do anything about it.

It's difficult enough to hold your breath for 30 seconds under a calm water in a pond or near an ocean shoreline. To do it in a sudden surprise panic situation is unbelievably more difficult with heart beating that much faster and the scared emotions and anxiety. Wow.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's difficult enough to hold your breath for 30 seconds under a calm water in a pond or near an ocean shoreline. To do it in a sudden surprise panic situation is unbelievably more difficult with heart beating that much faster and the scared emotions and anxiety. Wow.
Remember too that it is pitch black. You can't see where you were going or do much of anything except endure it until you pop out of the pipe.

Reaction Score
Actually this guy is luckier. The boat he was on sank and the company sent a salvage team to recover the bodies and found this man in an air pocket alive underwater. Absolutely crazy story.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom