LSU Basketball 21-22 | Page 28 | The Boneyard

LSU Basketball 21-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It’s early, but Kim is making a case for NCOY at this point. Already three ranked wins with a roster that isn’t even her own recruited players. LSU will see a big jump in the polls tomorrow and is starting to look like a top-ten team.
Beat me to it. Agreed. This program will be in the final four sooner than later. She’s not gonna miss out on Mikaylah Williams, I can tell you that. I’m impressed.

Reaction Score
It’s early, but Kim is making a case for NCOY at this point. Already three ranked wins with a roster that isn’t even her own recruited players. LSU will see a big jump in the polls tomorrow and is starting to look like a top-ten team.
I am not sure we are top 10, talent wise especially we arent on the same level of a lot of other teams. I think its a solid top 15 team who plays collectively well as a group. That said, its amazing what coaching can do in 1 year. 9-13 to 14-1 in one offseason. It would have been amazing if we still had Moon Ursin but it is what it is.

Kim has a pretty good first class, but I expect her use the heck out of that portal this offseason. Morris could return next season but losing Pointer, Aifuwa and Cherry is a lot of experience to replace. You can't replace Pointer either.

Reaction Score
Beat me to it. Agreed. This program will be in the final four sooner than later. She’s not gonna miss out on Mikaylah Williams, I can tell you that. I’m impressed.
It would be amazing if she can grab her and Sammie Wagner together and build around that. I use to be worried about landing Williams but I feel they have made a lot of strides over these past few months. Winning the way they have and having such success early obviously will be a big draw to recruits. Its exciting to think what the team will look like with her players.

Reaction Score
It would be amazing if she can grab her and Sammie Wagner together and build around that. I use to be worried about landing Williams but I feel they have made a lot of strides over these past few months. Winning the way they have and having such success early obviously will be a big draw to recruits. Its exciting to think what the team will look like with her players.
I do want the record to reflect my unbridled enthusiasm for this hire and the program outlook. However admittedly I was not expecting this level of success to start the SEC season, especially against this type competition.

Reaction Score
I do want the record to reflect my unbridled enthusiasm for this hire and the program outlook. However admittedly I was not expecting this level of success to start the SEC season, especially against this type competition.
Before conference play started I thought 2-1 was the best case scenario. I don't see us beating SC but I am sure they will play hard. Kim will get them fired up and I'm sure the PMAC will be packed like crazy. I worry about our post play against a team like SC.

I am not ready to give up on Gusters but she really needs to work really hard this offseason. She was doing good for a while but then has been rough since she was suspended weeks ago.

Reaction Score
Before conference play started I thought 2-1 was the best case scenario. I don't see us beating SC but I am sure they will play hard. Kim will get them fired up and I'm sure the PMAC will be packed like crazy. I worry about our post play against a team like SC.

I am not ready to give up on Gusters but she really needs to work really hard this offseason. She was doing good for a while but then has been rough since she was suspended weeks ago.
Yeah our post play is definitely gonna be a spot to circle. Defensively I’m not worried much. Boston will score. But if not in foul trouble. Aifuwa will make it hard. Boston jump shot hurt us more than her in the paint.

Reaction Score
Screen-Shot-2022-01-02-at-6-44-17-PM.png

I didn't know LSU did this for Coach Blair but that was great to see. He is a class act. Glad they did something special to honor his last season coaching.

Reaction Score

I didn't know LSU did this for Coach Blair but that was great to see. He is a class act. Glad they did something special to honor his last season coaching.
Does Kim have some connection to the LSU baseball team?****

Reaction Score
I know. I was joking. It was always a running joke on the various Mississippi State message boards because it seemed like they were always showing her.
It was worse as a LSU fan… they had to bring it up every game lol

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Kim is not my favorite person, but she is one of the coaches I admire most, because hot dayumn can she coach, the jacket tossing adds a pizzazz unmatched in WCBB, and boy does she keep it real (just like Geno). Very impressive what she's accomplished in Baton Rouge.

Reaction Score
It was worse as a LSU fan… they had to bring it up every game lol
I’ll give her credit that she cheers for her kid with the same demeanor as she coaches. She also is consistent with her wardrobe. I bet she was a handful at his travel ball tournaments growing up.

Reaction Score
LSU is going to make some noise in the SEC! Coach Mulkey got this squad fired up!! Love watching some SEC WBB.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score

Mulkey is doing this and representing LSU (her suggestion). She's done this for MANY coaches for different reasons in the past. She coached against Blair for many years when A&M was in the Big 12 and respects him to great lengths.

So happy LSU is doing well. Morris has been a great addition and showing what I thought she could always do. She is fast with a high BB IQ, and shines in transition. Gusters needs more time to get her head straight. She can play, but needs to want it more. Newby seems to struggle with top teams. I'm not sure if it's fear or if she's just unsure of herself, but I found myself focusing on what she wasn't doing right in yesterday's game.

I agree that Mulkey should use the transfer portal next year to bring in some experience. Not many freshman get to play on Mulkey's teams, which is usually due to their defensive play - or lack of.

Looking forward to watching this team grow and get back to what LSU was and should be - a great team.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score

I like Dawn but I cannot believe she said that...

No one with a pulse could seriously buy this. Nikki sucked and she got more than enough time. Should have been gone years ago.

I can. I have no respect for Dawn at all. Never have; never will. This isn’t the first or last time she makes stupid remarks.

Great game by LSU!!

Reaction Score
I don’t think people should be disregarding Dawn’s comments on a fellow black woman’s experiences in a southern-based league. I’m sure Dawn is privy to more behind the scenes than fans are.

Quite simply, the way some people have been acting after this year’s teams victories over A&M and UGA (as if Fargas wasn’t doing these same things) kinda proves Dawn’s point.

Reaction Score
I don’t think people should be disregarding Dawn’s comments on a fellow black woman’s experiences in a southern-based league. I’m sure Dawn is privy to more behind the scenes than fans are.
Nikki failing had nothing to do with LSU not giving her 'support'. Its okay to admit she was a mediocre coach who was a lazy recruiter. She had not won a NCAA tournament game in like 7 years. She had solid wins every year but then lost a bunch of games to teams she had no business losing too.

Kim obviously brought more enthusiasm at the hire for obvious reasons. She is a Louisiana native and her resume speaks for itself.

If Nikki had gotten off her butt and actually recruited or or tried to interact with the community she might have gotten more support. But all she did was alienate long time fans, rarely kept former players involved, and let top recruits get out of Louisiana to other schools like Baylor Texas A&M and Mississippi state

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nikki failing had nothing to do with LSU not giving her 'support'. Its okay to admit she was a mediocre coach who was a lazy recruiter. She had not won a NCAA tournament game in like 7 years.

Kim obviously brought more enthusiasm at the hire for obvious reasons. She is a Louisiana native and her resume speaks for itself.

She’s a middle aged white woman in a Southern state. It’s pretty simple. I don’t really see an issue with Dawn pointing out the disparities.

A quick Google search shows LSU finished at 18-7 with a 3rd place finish in the SEC in the 2017-18 season, according to NCAA numbers LSU wasn’t even in the top 50 in attendance.

It’s okay to admit some of what Dawn was alluding to has some truth to it. I’m glad Kim is experiencing early success because LSU historically was a great program.

But I do think it’s a little obtuse to completely disregard what Dawn is saying.

Reaction Score
She’s a middle aged white woman in a Southern state. It’s pretty simple. I don’t really see an issue with Dawn pointing out the disparities.

A quick Google search shows LSU finished at 18-7 with a 3rd place finish in the SEC in the 2017-18 season, according to NCAA numbers LSU wasn’t even in the top 50 in attendance. Hmm.

It’s okay to admit some of what Dawn was alluding to has some truth to it.
LSU had packed crowds with Pokey as coach. I just disagree. Part of building a program and a base requires multiple things, winning, quality product and interacting with the community to build a base. Nikki did not do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom