LSU Basketball 21-22 | Page 34 | The Boneyard

LSU Basketball 21-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pretty amazing what they have done in such a short time. They aren’t very talented but the experience is a big factor. Plus adding Morris may end up proving to be the most critical piece to this team this year

They are gonna need to hit the portal hard. They lose way too much experience next season

Reaction Score
Pretty amazing what they have done in such a short time. They aren’t very talented but the experience is a big factor. Plus adding Morris may end up proving to be the most critical piece to this team this year

They are gonna need to hit the portal hard. They lose way too much experience next season
I knew Coach Mulkey would do well but this is an unreal turn around.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
You beat me to the punch. I was going to post this. I would love to see UConn and LSU begin a series of home-and-home games for the foreseeable future. Similar to what we have with Notre Dame. It would be beneficial for both programs. LSU is now a box office draw when they go on the road. It didn't take Mulkey long to resurrect the Tiger's program. She has completely changed the culture there. It's fashionable again to be an LSU Tigers fan.

It's a good bet they'll be even more formidable next year, and remain a top 10 team the remainder of her tenure at LSU. ;) The Tigers are second in the Southeastern Conference behind South Carolina, the unanimous No. 1 team in this week's poll. Last year the Tigers finished in the middle of the SEC Conference standings at 9-13/6-8. A huge turn-a-round to be sure. To be honest, we expected nothing less.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You beat me to the punch. I was going to post this. I would love to see UConn and LSU begin a series of home-and-home games for the foreseeable future. Similar to what we have with Notre Dame. It would be beneficial for both programs. LSU is now a box office draw when they go on the road. It didn't take Mulkey long to resurrect the Tiger's program. She has completely changed the culture there. It's fashionable again to be an LSU Tigers fan.

It's a good bet they'll be even more formidable next year, and remain a top 10 team the remainder of her tenure at LSU. ;) The Tigers are second in the Southeastern Conference behind South Carolina, the unanimous No. 1 team in this week's poll. Last year the Tigers finished in the middle of the SEC Conference standings at 9-13/6-8. A huge turn-a-round to be sure. To be honest, we expected nothing less.
I think next year will be even a bigger coaching challenge for Kim. She will lose almost her entire starting line up. I think Morris is the only starter eligible to return,

Reaction Score
I think next year will be even a bigger coaching challenge for Kim. She will lose almost her entire starting line up. I think Morris is the only starter eligible to return,
Next year will be a big challenge. That said if they hit the portal right, they have the potential to be a more talented team all around next season with the addition of the incoming class. It will be a different type of challenge. They may have areas where they as a team will have higher potential but the lack of experience will lead to more inconsistencies, aka more losses. I don’t expect LSU to be as good next year but adding a couple strong players from the portal could go a long way. This current LSU team isn’t very talented but they make up for things with experience. I think Kim finds a way to make them very very solid next year, even if they have growing pains early

I can’t see all of Nikki’s recruits who rode the bench the entire season coming back IMO. They no doubt will go to the portal to shore up the gaps. Hopefully having a good year and chance to start will bring in some good transfers

Reaction Score
Next year will be a big challenge. That said if they hit the portal right, they have the potential to be a more talented team all around next season with the addition of the incoming class. It will be a different type of challenge. They may have areas where they as a team will have higher potential but the lack of experience will lead to more inconsistencies, aka more losses. I don’t expect LSU to be as good next year but adding a couple strong players from the portal could go a long way. This current LSU team isn’t very talented but they make up for things with experience. I think Kim finds a way to make them very very solid next year, even if they have growing pains early

I can’t see all of Nikki’s recruits who rode the bench the entire season coming back IMO. They no doubt will go to the portal to shore up the gaps. Hopefully having a good year and chance to start will bring in some good transfers
I am sure Kim will do a great job with what she has. It will be interesting to watch.

Reaction Score
I am sure Kim will do a great job with what she has. It will be interesting to watch.
I'm sure they will do a good job. Its way too early to begin to speculate on next year until we have a better idea of the roster. As we all know, the portal has become the Wild West, you continuously see bulks of players from every team seem to hit the portal each year. Its always a very interesting time of the year when the season ends. Rosters can flip in a blink, for better or for worse.

Reaction Score

I appreciate the kind gesture.

I would honestly love to do a series with UCONN. Unfortunately Kim has always been a weak scheduler, no matter how good her teams were (going back to all her Baylor teams). She is a great coach but she has always been the same when it came to her scheduling. So I am not counting on that in the short term unfortunately but that is something we will just have to deal with while Kim is here. Maybe some day we can hopefully.

The culture change/fan support is wild to me, especially year one. But I think when we hired Kim, her name Brought instant excitement because she is essentially a Louisiana native (born in Cali but essentially grew up in LA), she is a three time national champion and her track record speaks for itself. That alone brought in a lot more fans but I think her contagious energy coupled with the success they have had this year has really taken it to another level. Rebuilding a program takes time and normally it takes time to build up the base. To sell over 13,000 tickets for the Florida game is simply outstanding and reflects the hard work of this staff and players.

Reaction Score
What on earth is Mulkey wearing tonight? A shimmery bubblegum cardigan? I cannot comprehend.

Reaction Score
LSU looked like last years team offensively without Morris. Payne and Cherry just aren't good shooters. Positive is the posts are getting better but the guard play behind Pointer and Morris is a dramatic drop off. Hopefully Morris is good to go, she was walking around after halftime.

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
58-50.

Solid home win on Senior Night. All the best to Alexis Morris who was injured in the first quarter.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
What happened to Morris? Haven’t watched game yet!

Reaction Score
FMaW55YXsCM83-q

:eek:

Reaction Score
What on earth is Mulkey wearing tonight? A shimmery bubblegum cardigan? I cannot comprehend.

FMZ5EgfXMAMve_I

She must like bubble gum…. In a interview she said she throws on whatever this local boutique gives her. It’s certainly interesting to see what she comes out in each game

Last edited:

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
FMZ5EgfXMAMve_I

She must like bubble gum…. In a interview she said she throws on whatever this local boutique gives her
Whatever qualms I have about Kim, I wish I had even 1/3 her gumption. That picture has to be the textbook definition of swagger.

Reaction Score
LSU looked like last years team offensively without Morris. Payne and Cherry just aren't good shooters. Positive is the posts are getting better but the guard play behind Pointer and Morris is a dramatic drop off. Hopefully Morris is good to go, she was walking around after halftime.
Cherry's play may be a huge drop off from Morris and Pointer but given the high level of their play, she's still been solid all year. She is streaky but she's 44th in SEC in scoring at 9 ppg, 16th in assists, 23rd in rebounds, 22nd in blocks, and 14th in steals. Solid numbers. She also hit her head and rolled up on Morris to cause injury tonight so there is that. I'm glad Cherry decided to stay for her senior season. I think she's been an asset. Payne broke her nose in practice yesterday but came in and played hard.

Reaction Score
Cherry's play may be a huge drop off from Morris and Pointer but given the high level of their play, she's still been solid all year. She is streaky but she's 44th in SEC in scoring at 9 ppg, 16th in assists, 23rd in rebounds, 22nd in blocks, and 14th in steals. Solid numbers. She also hit her head and rolled up on Morris to cause injury tonight so there is that. I'm glad Cherry decided to stay for her senior season. I think she's been an asset. Payne broke her nose in practice yesterday but came in and played hard.
Cherry has been very solid this year, I didn't mean my post in a bad way. I was just talking in general offensively, its significantly different without Morris because she compliments Pointer and she stretches the floor. Cherry has her moments but isn't a very steady player offensively. She plays extremely hard though, especially on defense.

The good news is Aifuwa seems to be back on track. They need that type of play the rest of the year if they want to go far. But I am praying we hear good news about Morris because without her, that unfortunately changes the complexion of our post season outlook a lot. She was a GIANT reason they elevated their game this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom