LSU Basketball 21-22 | Page 33 | The Boneyard

LSU Basketball 21-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
21 wins is the most games we have won in a season in 8 years, with 4 regular season games left, SECT, and NCAAT. If they go past 23 wins, it will be the most LSU has won since their last final four team.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Awkward Big Brother GIF by Global TV

Reaction Score
Aifuwa has reverted into last year form since Ole Miss. Misses wide open layup after wide open layup. Newby does her usual rebound but not much offensively. Cherry is pretty much only good at home but it is what it is at this point until they can get better players. Morris is tough as nails, getting her IMO is what made this season possible. LSU isn't in this spot without adding her onto the roster late.

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
Alexis Morris, 15 in the 4th, carried them to the W.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

Kim never had that kind of attendance success at Baylor! Kudos to LSU and Kim for getting the word out and garnering the support.

Some regions just seem to want to support their programs and some very good programs can't get anyone to appreciate them. Iowa and Iowa State fall into the former and Baylor, Texas and Stanford fall into the latter...

Reaction Score
Sun, Feb 20vs (17) Florida4:00 PM ETSEC Network
Thu, Feb 24vs Alabama8:00 PM ETSEC Network +
Sun, Feb 27@ (12) Tennessee2:00 PM ET
Your fate as #2 in the SEC is in your own hands.

#1 will take help from others.

Reaction Score
Kim never had that kind of attendance success at Baylor! Kudos to LSU and Kim for getting the word out and garnering the support.

Some regions just seem to want to support their programs and some very good programs can't get anyone to appreciate them. Iowa and Iowa State fall into the former and Baylor, Texas and Stanford fall into the latter...
LSU fans will support programs who do well but also put a quality product out there. Look at our gymnastics meets.

FLposuPVUAIUst_

Reaction Score
Sun, Feb 20vs (17) Florida4:00 PM ETSEC Network
Thu, Feb 24vs Alabama8:00 PM ETSEC Network +
Sun, Feb 27@ (12) Tennessee2:00 PM ET
Your fate as #2 in the SEC is in your own hands.

#1 will take help from others.
I think we beat Alabama. The outcome of Florida/TN would not surprise me. Could go 0-2, 1-1, and 2-0 and none of it would shock me. They are capable.

Being out home verses Florida is big. Some of our players just are just not good on the road (Cherry). I am expecting Morris and Pointer to have huge games, they still need more from Aifuwa. Aifuwa has been pretty bad since Ole Miss where she surprisingly out played Austin. Not sure what is going on but we struggle much more when we don't get production from her.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
I think we beat Alabama. The outcome of Florida/TN would not surprise me. Could go 0-2, 1-1, and 2-0 and none of it would shock me. They are capable.

Being out home verses Florida is big. Some of our players just are just not good on the road (Cherry). I am expecting Morris and Pointer to have huge games, they still need more from Aifuwa. Aifuwa has been pretty bad since Ole Miss where she surprisingly out played Austin. Not sure what is going on but we struggle much more when we don't get production from her.
I think Aifuwa is tired, as is others. It's been a long year with some back to back games due to covid. Several players are shooting short, which is always due to fatigue. Now's the time to dig deep!

Reaction Score
I think Aifuwa is tired, as is others. It's been a long year with some back to back games due to covid. Several players are shooting short, which is always due to fatigue. Now's the time to dig deep!
I figured but Aifuwa historically gets into these funks, and for the most part she has stayed out of that zone for most of the year. Hopefully she works out of this funk soon and she gets back on track for post season. LSU is a much much much more dangerous team when she plays well. Having some balance inside to complement Pointer and Morris helps a lot.

I think Payne has been giving some great minutes lately off the bench as well. Personally, I am a little surprised Trasi doesn't get more time at times. She gives good minutes and she definitely more offensively capable than Newby. Gusters..... she rebounds the ball more but does nothing offensively unfortunately.

Reaction Score
I figured but Aifuwa historically gets into these funks, and for the most part she has stayed out of that zone for most of the year. Hopefully she works out of this funk soon and she gets back on track for post season. LSU is a much much much more dangerous team when she plays well. Having some balance inside to complement Pointer and Morris helps a lot.

I think Payne has been giving some great minutes lately off the bench as well. Personally, I am a little surprised Trasi doesn't get more time at times. She gives good minutes and she definitely more offensively capable than Newby. Gusters..... she rebounds the ball more but does nothing offensively unfortunately.
I always felt when Payne name has been called. She always give us some production.

Reaction Score
Understatement of the year. Cherry and Pointer went a combined 4-32, they almost sank the ship all by themselves. Morris and the posts were terrific.

I simply don't understand how the hell Pointer could shoot that badly.
Sometimes I feel Morris need to be a bit more selfish. Because Cherry can take some horrible shots and Pointer just was not good today.

Gusters played well for her little time.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Understatement of the year. Cherry and Pointer went a combined 4-32, they almost sank the ship all by themselves. Morris and the posts were terrific.

Gusters played well too!!

Reaction Score
Gusters played well too!!
May have been the first time I saw her post up, demand the ball and just play smart basketball. Her, Newby, Faustine, and Trasi were all wonderful. It was unexpected as the posts have really been struggling lately. Heck of a time to step up when we had our worst shooting performance of the year from the guards. It is a team sport so your teammates sometimes have to have your back when nothing goes your way.

Reaction Score
Sometimes I feel Morris need to be a bit more selfish. Because Cherry can take some horrible shots and Pointer just was not good today.

Gusters played well for her little time.
I hate to sound mean but unless Cherry is hot, she should not be taking as many shots as she does. She has not proven to be someone consistent or dependable for scoring. She is very very streaky, and when her shot isnt on its usually really bad.

Reaction Score

As Mulkey said, did you see who was defending her. That girl was cut. Imagine taking the ball up the court with Smith guarding you every time.

Reaction Score
I hate to sound mean but unless Cherry is hot, she should not be taking as many shots as she does. She has not proven to be someone consistent or dependable for scoring. She is very very streaky, and when her shot isnt on its usually really bad
I hate to sound mean but unless Cherry is hot, she should not be taking as many shots as she does. She has not proven to be someone consistent or dependable for scoring. She is very very streaky, and when her shot isnt on its usually really bad.
If you watch Mulkey's press conferences, and she said it again today, her coaching philosophy is to keep shooting it. If you stop shooting, the other team has already won because they beat you mentally. The 3 things Mulkey will bench you for is poor defense, poor rebounding and taking shots when not open. That's why played 40 minutes even though she was 1-17 or something like that today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom