LSU Basketball 21-22 | Page 32 | The Boneyard

LSU Basketball 21-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yuppp. Arkansas can shoot us out the building
I am more worried about LSU's defense right now. They are scoring the ball fine, they are getting over 70 points a game which puts them in every game. I just dont think this team is very good man to man wise defensively. Turning the ball over is a problem as well.

Reaction Score

Gonna have to play a lot early next year. Going to need her to help especially on the offensive end. Praying we can work the portal well next season because there is not much proven returning outside of Morris and Payne. Too many unknown underclassmen, although I don't expect all of them to be back.

Reaction Score

Gonna have to play a lot early next year. Going to need her to help especially on the offensive end. Praying we can work the portal well next season because there is not much proven returning outside of Morris and Payne. Too many unknown underclassmen, although I don't expect all of them to be back.

Crosses finger for the portal talent and one you already know I wish we can snatch. Been called her leaving

Reaction Score
@Dwilliams02

Moving forward, if LSU faces another 3 point shooting team down the line, they have to throw the man to man defense out the window and play zone. This team is clueless man to man against offenses that play 5 out or rely on the 3 ball. I don't know what the deal is but they simply are always out of position. The amount of wide open 3's they allowed vs FGCU, Iowa St, Missouri, Arkansas is ridiculous. Nikki's match up zone defenses got hit at times but at least they defended the 3 ball much more competitively.

Also I would consider starting Payne next game over Cherry who has not been good at all and going through the motions since Florida. If this team loses to Kentucky somehow, they are in very very bad shape down the stretch so they can't lose that one.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
@Dwilliams02

Moving forward, if LSU faces another 3 point shooting team down the line, they have to throw the man to man defense out the window and play zone. This team is clueless man to man against offenses that play 5 out or rely on the 3 ball. I don't know what the deal is but they simply are always out of position. The amount of wide open 3's they allowed vs FGCU, Iowa St, Missouri, Arkansas is ridiculous. Nikki's match up zone defenses got hit at times but at least they defended the 3 ball much more competitively.

Also I would consider starting Payne next game over Cherry who has not been good at all and going through the motions since Florida. If this team loses to Kentucky somehow, they are in very very bad shape down the stretch so they can't lose that one.
Wait. What? Play zone defense against a team with a lot of 3 point shooters?

Last night, Mulkey must have had flashes to some of Baylor's past games against Iowa State. Don't think Baylor ever played zone defense, either.

Reaction Score
Wait. What? Play zone defense against a team with a lot of 3 point shooters?

Last night, Mulkey must have had flashes to some of Baylor's past games against Iowa State. Don't think Baylor ever played zone defense, either.
LSU played matchup zones under Fargas and have been much more competitive defensively against 3 point shooting teams then the man to man defenses we have played this year. Yes, LSU's defense is that bad

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Honestly what was truly disappointing in this game was Kim’s VERY benign outfit of blue jeans, black sweater top with a long white sweater jacket. I mean come on, it was a Pink out for cancer week-and she wears that???

They showed the last 5 years of W/L records of LSU and Ole Miss that showed the opposite trends were occurring with Ole Miss improving every year and LSU was faulting badly until this year with the fine, fine job Kim has done.

To me, she deserves AP Coach of the Year but that usually goes to the Elite teams like a Wed Moore this year, or Dawn or maybe even Jeff if he wins the ACC. Tara will also get some consideration. But none of them have stemmed the tide and put optimism back into a storied program the way Kim has. Just sayin’ :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
To me, she deserves AP Coach of the Year but that usually goes to the Elite teams like a Wed Moore this year, or Dawn or maybe even Jeff if he wins the ACC. Tara will also get some consideration
Kim deserves a lot of credit for what has happened over the last 6 months. Best start to a season since 2006/2007. Signed a very good class and has gotten attendance soaring to levels we haven’t seen since Fowles days. I think LSU has spent more weeks in the top 25 this year than all of the Nikki era combined. Nikki left some good players but coaching is definitely the big reason for such a major jump.

I would probably give the coach of the year to the OU coach if they win the big 12, dethroning Baylor’s big run after the mediocre job Sherri did for years before stepping down.

SEC I would give coach of the year to Florida’s coach as of today given they lost their HC and best player and have had a remarkable run. But awards will be better decided in a month, a lot of games left to be played and things can change in a hurry for any team.

Reaction Score
Honestly what was truly disappointing in this game was Kim’s VERY benign outfit of blue jeans, black sweater top with a long white sweater jacket. I mean come on, it was a Pink out for cancer week-and she wears that???
FLSnBSGVUAcAlgD

She work pink last night. Because of Kim, Mike (The Tiger) now has a shopping addiction.

Reaction Score
FLSnBSGVUAcAlgD

She work pink last night. Because of Kim, Mike (The Tiger) now has a shopping addiction.
First, I have relatives that have passed from cancer and I’m a huge supporter of Pink Week. However regarding her general wardrobe choices I always imagine her going to a shop to get fitted and picking out clothes to play out like that tuxedo fitting scene from Dumb and Dumber.

Attachments

• 1C980667-A0F4-4058-9EDA-24CA5DAB3117.jpeg
    1C980667-A0F4-4058-9EDA-24CA5DAB3117.jpeg
    16.6 KB · Views: 80
Reaction Score

They showed the last 5 years of W/L records of LSU and Ole Miss that showed the opposite trends were occurring with Ole Miss improving every year and LSU was faulting badly until this year with the fine, fine job Kim has done.

To me, she deserves AP Coach of the Year but that usually goes to the Elite teams like a Wed Moore this year, or Dawn or maybe even Jeff if he wins the ACC. Tara will also get some consideration. But none of them have stemmed the tide and put optimism back into a storied program the way Kim has. Just sayin’ :rolleyes:
I think KM has significant competition this year for COY: I think she, the coach at OK and the coach at FL would all be good choices.

Reaction Score
On another note, I went to see how the kids from LSU who transferred has done this year.

-Dominique Davis has been solid for Southern Miss averaging over 15 PPG and shooting around 40% from 3, just below a 2/1 assist to TO ratio. She doesn't play the best competition though but she has been very solid.

-Tiara Young has been very underwhelming, she actually seems like she has regressed, she averages 7 points for Houston but doesn't -start.

-Treasure Thompson doesn't start from EMU and only averages 2 points a game

-Destini Lombard doesnt start for SFA and only averages 2 points per game.

-Karli Seay has been a solid addition for FGCU this year, averages 7 points per game and is miraculously shooting over .400 from three in her limited attempts (40).

All in all LSU didn't lose anything but I kinda wish Davis could have stayed. She honestly impressed me more than Young out of HS, capable three point shooter who can distribute the ball. She didn't get much time under Nikki or develop much unfortunately.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I think we played very well in the second half of a game that made me very nervous because Texas A&M had more to play for than we did.....but I liked how the ladies responded.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I think we played very well in the second half of a game that made me very nervous because Texas A&M had more to play for than we did.....but I liked how the ladies responded.
I'm predicting right now that the regular season finale at Tennessee will decide 2nd place.

Reaction Score
I'm predicting right now that the regular season finale at Tennessee will decide 2nd place.
Hopefully but Miss St and Florida will be tough. Although it feels like LSU has been slowly regaining form since the Arkansas game.

I’m taking it one game at a time. Only game I feel reasonably comfortable about is Alabama at home

Proud of the 2nd half adjustments. We hear a lot about Pointer but Morris is simply a baller as well

Reaction Score
On another note, I went to see how the kids from LSU who transferred has done this year.

-Dominique Davis has been solid for Southern Miss averaging over 15 PPG and shooting around 40% from 3, just below a 2/1 assist to TO ratio. She doesn't play the best competition though but she has been very solid.

-Tiara Young has been very underwhelming, she actually seems like she has regressed, she averages 7 points for Houston but doesn't -start.

-Treasure Thompson doesn't start from EMU and only averages 2 points a game

-Destini Lombard doesnt start for SFA and only averages 2 points per game.

-Karli Seay has been a solid addition for FGCU this year, averages 7 points per game and is miraculously shooting over .400 from three in her limited attempts (40).

All in all LSU didn't lose anything but I kinda wish Davis could have stayed. She honestly impressed me more than Young out of HS, capable three point shooter who can distribute the ball. She didn't get much time under Nikki or develop much unfortunately.
Davis was definitely someone I wanted to keep. I’m glad she has found success. Young probably would have definitely had a better shot here.

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
This was win number 21. Coach Mulkey is on the way to another 30 game winning season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom