LSU Basketball 21-22 | Page 27 | The Boneyard

LSU Basketball 21-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ware and Hall look pretty good. Hall I would love to see get more minutes but I think her lack of mobility at times (from her knee injury) is probably holding her out of the lineup.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Ware and Hall look pretty good. Hall I would love to see get more minutes but I think her lack of mobility at times (from her knee injury) is probably holding her out of the lineup.
Hall has such a pretty shot. She needs more minute.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hmm. Kim Mulkey still wearing Baylor Green? :eek:

Reaction Score
Hall has such a pretty shot. She needs more minute.
I think they want to give her more minutes but she is still working through her previous knee issues from HS. Kim said in a interview that she can absolutely stroke the ball and that she expects her to shoot any chance she gets.

She is not exactly a guard but she is a undersized Forward, a bit of a tweener. I think she needs another year to get back her mobility. Nikki was a awful recruiter but I will say Grace and Ware were very solid gets that have potential to be good contributors in the future.

Reaction Score
Meanwhile, Mulkey said forward Hannah Gusters was suspended indefinitely “until I decide when she will come back.”

“We miss her, but we’re still pretty good without her," Mulkey said. "That gives opportunities for other people to play.”
Yikes….

Reaction Score
Wait, what did I miss? What did Gusters do?
I’m not sure tbh but she hasn’t been at the games or practice over the last week. Kim said she is on the team “as of today” during the post game. Can’t be too good. Unfortunate, she look like she was finally getting into way better shape and this happens.

I hope they address whatever is going on but if not it’s probably not going to fly moving forward. Kim did not seem very happy today, granted she seemed more angry at the entire bench for lack of effort when they got into the game.

Reaction Score
Gusters is back with the team and could play tomorrow per Kim on a radio interview a few days ago. If not should be back for Georgia.

I am excited about SEC play. I know LSU has a long road and will likely have some major struggles but I know the team is doing the best they can and works hard. As a fan I can't ask for much more.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Gusters is back with the team and could play tomorrow per Kim on a radio interview a few days ago. If not should be back for Georgia.

I am excited about SEC play. I know LSU has a long road and will likely have some major struggles but I know the team is doing the best they can and works hard. As a fan I can't ask for much more.
LSU will do well IMO. Aside from SC, everyone else on the schedule is very beatable and this iteration of the team is, at long last, offensively capable. What a difference a coaching change can make.

Reaction Score
I appreciate the positive thoughts @Plebe and @jpp13

I’m just trying to keep perspective. They will no doubt win their share of games but it’s a matter of consistency and maintaining that level throughout conference play.

Kim has said many many times this isn’t a great shooting team but I think what helps is pushing the ball in transition, Nikki did not bother doing that her last few years. Biggest difference is the confidence level and playing to their strengths. Everyone has something they are good at and things they do not do well. I think everyone playing within themselves and playing with confidence has made a dramatic difference. I am actually enjoying the ball movement in general, they get good looks, it’s a matter of knocking down shots

The opening of conference is tough, Georgia,A&M and SC will probably be the toughest stretch of the schedule. Ideally I would love to go 2-1 but it’s going to be tough. A little nervous but games like LSU had vs Iowa St and Missouri St gives me some hope. Should be a fun ride.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
When a team plays such an easy non-conference schedule, I don't know how you can surmise how they'll do in conference. So many teams in the SEC played almost nobody good, non-con.

Reaction Score
When a team plays such an easy non-conference schedule, I don't know how you can surmise how they'll do in conference. So many teams in the SEC played almost nobody good, non-con.
You can’t. But if Nikki could win around 8 SEC games a year, don’t see why Kim couldn’t win a game or two more.

Kim has always been a weak scheduler, I’m not a fan of it. That said I trust she will have her teams in position to be successful and playing their best ball the back end of the season

Reaction Score
With Nicki. Teams like Texas Tech, Clemson, Tulane. Etc would swing either way.
And I don’t think we would touch 70 in many games.

As weak as the schedule was, Fargas teams would be in fights in most games.

Reaction Score
LSU will do well IMO. Aside from SC, everyone else on the schedule is very beatable and this iteration of the team is, at long last, offensively capable. What a difference a coaching change can make.
Yes but it goes both ways just ask MSST WBB fans.

Reaction Score
Yes but it goes both ways just ask MSST WBB fans.
I feel for y'all I really do. LSU had a great thing going in the mid 2000's and it fell apart quickly. Van and Nikki just weren't great down here. It takes a while to get it back sometimes. Van recruited well but was way past his prime as a coach. Nikki could not recruit to save her life. Just got to hire the right coach.... I know easier said than done.

Reaction Score
I agree. Specifically I’m not completely on the Coach J Taylor bandwagon yet. Her record has been too up and down over the years.

Reaction Score
Proud of the girls for finding a way tonight. Morrison was phenomenal for Georgia. I hope Payne gets back soon, our guards were gassed in the 2nd half and it really showed down the stretch. We just don't have the depth (quality wise).

I am hoping we can beat A&M and just try to be competitive vs SC. Its about as difficult as conference play can open up for us.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Especially when a new coach takes over a program. Playing an "ultra soft" non-conference schedule has always been Mulkey's forte. It works for her, so how can anyone criticize it? Playing a string of Twinkes and cupcakes would not work for most teams. LSU went from unranked at the beginning of the season to number 19 at 11-1.

I had a feeling that Mulkey would come in and turn that program around immediately, she did. She'll get the same high quality recruits at LSU she did at Baylor. Imagine how good LSU will be when she gets all of her own players in there. I'm not right all of the time, but I was on this one. LSU will be a very tough out come March. :cool:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Especially when a new coach takes over a program. Playing an "ultra soft" non-conference schedule has always been Mulkey's forte. It works for her, so how can anyone criticize it? Playing a string of Twinkes and cupcakes would not work for most teams. LSU went from unranked at the beginning of the season to number 19 at 11-1.

I had a feeling that Mulkey would come in and turn that program around immediately, she did. She'll get the same high quality recruits at LSU she did at Baylor. Imagine how good LSU will be when she gets all of her own players in there. I'm not right all of the time, but I was on this one. LSU will be a very tough out come March. :cool:
If I were an LSU fan, it would bother me because of a lack of interesting games.

Reaction Score

Where is Kim shopping?

On a positive note, what a gusty performance today after a pretty horrible day shooting for most of the day. To put the cherry on top, M. Williams was in attendance sitting near the LSU bench.

Reaction Score
It’s early, but Kim is making a case for NCOY at this point. Already three ranked wins with a roster that isn’t even her own recruited players. LSU will see a big jump in the polls tomorrow and is starting to look like a top-ten team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom