LSU Basketball 21-22 | Page 25 | The Boneyard

LSU Basketball 21-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Should bring in Holly Warlick in for a reunion.
She is not a good listen. Where the heck is Andraya Carter,

And the game itself so far 6-2 TN after 5 minutes. Only Burell who scored all 6 pts has a pulse and a shot.

Reaction Score
She is not a good listen. Where the heck is Andraya Carter,

And the game itself so far 6-2 TN after 5 minutes. Only Burell who scored all 6 pts has a pulse and a shot.
My favorite part is Nikki is talking about Tennessee like this is one of their teams from the 90s.

Reaction Score

One of my favorite things so far is how much they are getting the alumni involved.

They had Ferdinand Harris back as well and this is what she said.
Ferdinand-Harris was recently invited by Mulkey to speak to her team. The energy in the practice gym, she said, was tangible.

“As soon as I walked into the practice facility, there was an energy I hadn’t felt since I left LSU” in 2001, she said. “The family, the camaraderie, the love from the coaches. It was different. It’s nothing that you have to go looking for. I was like, ‘Give me my tennis shoes, I want to go practice.’

Reaction Score
Morris is trying to do too much...

This defense needs to settle down a lot but the offense is terrific. Great ball movement.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Morris is eligible!!!!!
Unbelievable. Someone at the NCAA must really hate Smesko, or (more likely) is in the pocket of the SEC.

Last year, they withheld the approval of Bell's waiver until literally the morning after FGCU played Arkansas. FGCU led most of that game, even without Bell, before Arkansas rallied to win.

Now this year, they approve Morris's waiver just before LSU plays FGCU. Sorry, but the timing is not a coincidence.

Reaction Score
Now this year, they approve Morris's waiver just before FGCU plays LSU.
Someone said she was eligible before the first game but Kim didnt play her, not sure how true that is.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Someone said she was eligible before the first game but Kim didnt play her, not sure how true that is.
Well, if true, that would mean Kim refused to announce it so that FGCU would not know to prepare. I'll refrain from commenting on how unsportsmanlike that is.

Reaction Score
Seay never shot like this at LSU, tells you exactly how horrible Nikki Fargas was

Reaction Score
That steal and transition 3 ball to pointer was the best defensive/offensive play I have seen from a LSU team in over 5 years

This actually feels fun again...

Reaction Score
Good: Offense legit looks much better
Bad: This team cannot play man to man defense well to save their lives verses a team like FGCU that moves the ball well.

This looked like Baylor/Arky last year where Mulkey's defense couldn't stop anything at all. FGCU shot near 60 percent from the field and from 3 the entire game. Yikes...

Sucks but hope they can improve their defense. They actually look like they can score the ball this year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No game threads, folks
Why can’t games be talked about in designated threads such as LSU or week 1? It’s not necessarily a game thread. It’s nice to keep up with the league through these and difficult to follow if it’s only ever in the chat.

Reaction Score
Why can’t games be talked about in designated threads such as LSU or week 1? It’s not necessarily a game thread. It’s nice to keep up with the league through these and difficult to follow if it’s only ever in the chat.
I agree. This is technically not a game thread. The chat is not mobile friendly for my phone. So I just come in the LSU discussion thread.

Reaction Score
Good: Offense legit looks much better
Bad: This team cannot play man to man defense well to save their lives verses a team like FGCU that moves the ball well.

This looked like Baylor/Arky last year where Mulkey's defense couldn't stop anything at all. FGCU shot near 60 percent from the field and from 3 the entire game. Yikes...

Sucks but hope they can improve their defense. They actually look like they can score the ball this year.
I saw that. Bell also bullied us. I liked our guard play. The bigs was a no show. Also a learning curved for Gusters. Playing a team with this pace. Trasi was okay. Just not someone I would use for defense.

Looking forward to seeing Morris progress with this team.

Kinda really gotta look into the 4 position again. Newby bringing nothing but rebounding. Trasi not a great defender.

Would like to see Bartlett more. But Mulkey and freshmen don’t mix.

Reaction Score
Kinda really gotta look into the 4 position again. Newby bringing nothing but rebounding. Trasi not a great defender.
We knew Newby was challenged offensively when we took her, her career at Vandy was not good offensively.

They actually show a lot of potential in areas as a team but LSU was just schooled by FGCU's offense on the pick and roll, as well as perimeter D.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It’s a rule set by the board’s owner and not debatable. Stick to post game threads

Reaction Score
@Dwilliams02

I may be odd one out but I’d love to see more of Petty at the 4. Newby rebounds but struggles to score or defend. She let FGCU drive to the rim so easy and could never block the shots on the much smaller offensive player. Petty has work to do offensively but from limited time she seemed like a good rebounder and shot blocker. I feel like we have to mix it up here out of all the positions. Gusters needs to be more assertive but games like these are bad matchups for her

Ironically the posts were the kids who struggled the most today. I was pleased with our guard play.

Reaction Score
@Dwilliams02

I may be odd one out but I’d love to see more of Petty at the 4. Newby rebounds but struggles to score or defend. She let FGCU drive to the rim so easy and could never block the shots on the much smaller offensive player. Petty has work to do offensively but from limited time she seemed like a good rebounder and shot blocker. I feel like we have to mix it up here out of all the positions. Gusters needs to be more assertive but games like these are bad matchups for her

Ironically the posts were the kids who struggled the most today. I was pleased with our guard play.
Not odd at all. Petty actually have potential to do more on offense. Once her confidence grow. She will grow. Kim just have to give these girls deep on the depth chart a chance. The guard rotation has grown way better now that Morris eligible. The big rotation has been way too odd. The Gusters Aifuwa combo like today. Will not work. Trasi and Newby combo the same.

Trasi actually had a better game than Newby and has way more to offer offensively. It’s just that Trasi can have terrible moments.

Reaction Score
Not odd at all. Petty actually have potential to do more on offense. Once her confidence grow. She will grow. Kim just have to give these girls deep on the depth chart a chance. The guard rotation has grown way better now that Morris eligible. The big rotation has been way too odd. The Gusters Aifuwa combo like today. Will not work. Trasi and Newby combo the same.

Trasi actually had a better game than Newby and has way more to offer offensively. It’s just that Trasi can have terrible moments.
They cannot have Gusters and Aifuwa in the game at the same time. That is a disaster defensively. Gusters offers way more offensively but Aifuwa may be a bit quicker/more athletic defensively.

They got to work on guarding the pick and roll, and fighting over screens. FGCU did the same thing at will and LSU could not respond to it at all.

There is a bunch of cheese puffs on the OOC schedule. Give some of the other kids a chance. We got to see what we have.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kiersten Bell must read this board I recall a certain poster stating they hope she torches LSU for 35 & 10 and well I’ll be damned. She’s def lottery worthy of next years draft . She will be 22 in March of next year before the draft . She’s a player I would not forget !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom