LSU basketball, 2023 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

LSU basketball, 2023

Reaction Score
I don’t think anyone thinks you all are like that! You are very reasonable and fair with your posts and thoughts. I think LSU would be a lot more likable as a team if it weren’t for the attitudes. It’s one thing to play with passion, but I think it’s a fine balance between that and trying to show up your opponent. I think it’s only become a talking point within the community because of the way the players this year are going about it. I think last year’s group was just grateful, so it was easier to root for their success. This year, the over celebrating, dancing, and taunting just seems to rub a lot of people the wrong way. I think you saw a little of that from the Georgia players tonight. Throw in the fact the officiating aids the antics and it’s just a lot to consume IMO.
Sadly I don't know if Kim is gonna fix Reese's ego and attitude issues. Its been going on long before her days at LSU but I don't think some of the players on the team help tame that. Too many 'big' personalities between players like Morris, Flaujae, Poole, etc

Although I don't find Flaujae to cross the line sportsmanship wise vs other teams. Reese on the other hand...

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Sadly I don't know if Kim is gonna fix Reese's ego and attitude issues. Its been going on long before her days at LSU but I don't think some of the players on the team help tame that. Too many 'big' personalities between players like Morris, Flaujae, Poole, etc

Although I don't find Flaujae to cross the line sportsmanship wise vs other teams. Reese on the other hand...
As long as it doesn't rub off on M. Williams next year...

Reaction Score
I can't be the only who doesn't understand how Poole is playing as much as she does.... I seem to always hold my breath when she handles the ball. Even the passes she does make are beyond close to turnovers.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Sadly I believe LSU will play better on the road then they would at home.

If you watched LSU games this year, they have looked pretty horrendous at home half the time. I don't know what the deal is but they don't seem to look prepared half the time when playing on their home court. To me thats highly concerning.
It's generally the sign of young teams. They try to do too much, or they try too hard to impress at home and the adrenaline carries them away. On the road some feel free of that pressure and play with calm and better focus. Not all teams, but I would say most. But still, there is nothing like adversity on the road. That shows the true personality of a team.

JordyG

Reaction Score

Which is why Geno or Tara never recruited Reese. I always questioned why Dawn wanted that hot mess with her, talent or no. Now of course, later she would say she wanted to be on the team that beat UConn, but that always sounded like a rejected ego talking to me. When she signed her LOI with Maryland I predicted on The BY she wouldn't last 2 years there and her excuse would be "coach wanted to change my game". Sure enough....

Reaction Score

I missed game(watched MD/Iowa game ) did something happened in game tonight with Reese or Morris? . Did she dance again or talk trash?

Reaction Score
I can't be the only who doesn't understand how Poole is playing as much as she does.... I seem to always hold my breath when she handles the ball. Even the passes she does make are beyond close to turnovers.
I'm don't get it either generally. As for tonight, Kim gave a pretty detailed explanation for why Poole played so many minutes There was a few games in a row,where poole barely attempted a shot. I'm hoping that doesn't continue.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I missed game(watched MD/Iowa game ) did something happened in game tonight with Reese or Morris? . Did she dance again or talk trash?
Reese was actually fine today, nothing disrespectful surprisingly. The entire team top to bottom looked completely flat and lifeless 95% of the game and were lucky to even get it to OT to eventually win it. Morris had pretty terrible body language the entire game but did turn it on towards the end with a couple 3's to end the game.

It was just a complete hot mess. Georgia obviously is very scrappy and they play hard, played much harder than LSU and probably deserved to come away with a win. I don't know what the deal was but LSU came out of multiple timeouts and most of them ended up with turnovers or shots being chunked up. The entire game made zero sense and I don't know what I was watching.

LSU's posts were very good, Sa'Myah Smith, Reese and Ladazhia had their way in the paint all night. The guards were hot garbage and all of them were pretty lazy on offense and little ball movement actually occurred. And then when LSU would get momentum or get a lead, they would commit the dumbest turnovers or foul a 3 point shooter. I was convinced they were trying to lose.

The bonus was LSU committed a foul on the opening tip in OT which sent Georgia to the line. By the end I was like

Im Out Shark Tank GIF by ABC Network

Reaction Score
I hope UCONN fans don't think LSU fans are arrogant or think we are all that, we don't trust me.

Quite frankly, even with the addition of Angel Reese, this is a rebuilding year. I just think having a team where 8 of the 10 scholarship players have never played with each other before is way too much at times. I don't know if coaching can truly solve that aspect. But Kim needs to address the attitudes and poor body language. That is 100% on her. I don't even think any of her Baylor teams were near this bad

Morris was NEVER like this last year. But the team goes as she goes IMO. When she is bad, the entire team seems to go her route.
I am very surprised Kim has not addressed the showboating, taunting and attitude of this LSU team, particularly Reese. I would think she could stop this by talking to Reese and sitting her for a game or two. Kim probably doesn’t want to do that because she knows it would likely be a loss without Reese.

I have followed Baylor a long time and Kim ran a very tight ship there. Every now and then a player would get a technical but you did not see the showboating/team attitude you see with this team and Reese in particular. Kim is going to have more problems in the future if she doesn’t address this. Plus, it is just not a good look for LSU.

Reaction Score
Which is why Geno or Tara never recruited Reese. I always questioned why Dawn wanted that hot mess with her, talent or no. Now of course, later she would say she wanted to be on the team that beat UConn, but that always sounded like a rejected ego talking to me. When she signed her LOI with Maryland I predicted on The BY she wouldn't last 2 years there and her excuse would be "coach wanted to change my game". Sure enough....
If you look back on BY back in 2019, UConn did offer Reese and there is a clip posted where Reese lists UConn in her final 8. As far as Reese's transferring, it obviously worked out well for her so maybe it wasnt an "excuse."

Reaction Score
I hope UCONN fans don't think LSU fans are arrogant or think we are all that, we don't trust me.

Quite frankly, even with the addition of Angel Reese, this is a rebuilding year. I just think having a team where 8 of the 10 scholarship players have never played with each other before is way too much at times. I don't know if coaching can truly solve that aspect. But Kim needs to address the attitudes and poor body language. That is 100% on her. I don't even think any of her Baylor teams were near this bad

Morris was NEVER like this last year. But the team goes as she goes IMO. When she is bad, the entire team seems to go her route.

I don’t think any reasonable UConn fan thinks that, especially BY regulars. Of course fans - especially students - will be excited about success, but I think most LSU fans are realistic about where their team actually is and where they still need to go.

I definitely think the team attitude needs to improve. I know Kim is pretty fiery herself but usually I thought Baylor players were pretty composed during games. I guess we will see how things go on that end.

Been wondering this myself when watching this team play. Glad to know I'm not alone in thinking this.

Reaction Score
Ah, so her unpredictable decision making is back. There would be decisions she'd make when at OSU that would have me scratch my head.

Reaction Score
I be so scared when she drives. It's almost like an offensive foul waiting to happen

Reaction Score
Reese was actually fine today, nothing disrespectful surprisingly. The entire team top to bottom looked completely flat and lifeless 95% of the game and were lucky to even get it to OT to eventually win it. Morris had pretty terrible body language the entire game but did turn it on towards the end with a couple 3's to end the game.

It was just a complete hot mess. Georgia obviously is very scrappy and they play hard, played much harder than LSU and probably deserved to come away with a win. I don't know what the deal was but LSU came out of multiple timeouts and most of them ended up with turnovers or shots being chunked up. The entire game made zero sense and I don't know what I was watching.

LSU's posts were very good, Sa'Myah Smith, Reese and Ladazhia had their way in the paint all night. The guards were hot garbage and all of them were pretty lazy on offense and little ball movement actually occurred. And then when LSU would get momentum or get a lead, they would commit the dumbest turnovers or foul a 3 point shooter. I was convinced they were trying to lose.

The bonus was LSU committed a foul on the opening tip in OT which sent Georgia to the line. By the end I was like

Im Out Shark Tank GIF by ABC Network
I rewatched the game. I think Kim was a bit lazy coaching as well lol as poor as Morris played. I think the Tennessee game. The offense was ran through her more than ever. And it's evident when the offense is not ran through her. You see her taking too many threes. And not many midrange shots. You'll see less screens for her to get her self going and more trying to get the ball to the post

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Per Charlie Creme on today's Bracketology:

"What exactly is LSU? The answer still isn't clear. It's a rare season when we arrive at the first week of February and an unbeaten team from a major conference remains a mystery. The Tigers are good, of course. The question is just how good. LSU's weak nonconference schedule has been well chronicled, but the SEC's down year hasn't been discussed nearly as much. LSU's 10-0 league mark is impressive, but it doesn't carry the same weight as it might have in past seasons. And that's why games like Thursday, when the Tigers get pushed to the brink at home by Georgia, leave some doubt, especially with so little depth to the resume. LSU is a solid No. 2 seed, but doesn't it feel like we still need to see more? That's unusual just a little more than five weeks from Selection Sunday."

Reaction Score
Too funny. I was thinking about your comment on Poole watching the game last night. Every time Poole was on the break and either had the ball or the ball came her way, my eyes got big, or I was like "Please get the ball out of her hands!" But all that matters in the end is she has the trust of Coach Mulkey. Poole played some major minutes in that close game. Not many coaches have that kind of trust in their players. I give Coach Mulkey props for trusting her players and having their backs.

Reaction Score
Too funny. I was thinking about your comment on Poole watching the game last night. Every time Poole was on the break and either had the ball or the ball came her way, my eyes got big, or I was like "Please get the ball out of her hands!" But all that matters in the end is she has the trust of Coach Mulkey. Poole played some major minutes in that close game. Not many coaches have that kind of trust in their players. I give Coach Mulkey props for trusting her players and having their backs.
I can't believe that teams don't attack her off the dribble. When GA went to a zone, I kept asking WHY are they even guarding her out on the perimeter. Use that person to help stop Morris from penetrating or to help out on Reese.

Reaction Score
I can't believe that teams don't attack her off the dribble. When GA went to a zone, I kept asking WHY are they even guarding her out on the perimeter. Use that person to help stop Morris from penetrating or to help out on Reese.
Poole is actually a good 3 point shooter. You kinda have to guard her on the perimeter.

JordyG

Reaction Score
If you look back on BY back in 2019, UConn did offer Reese and there is a clip posted where Reese lists UConn in her final 8. As far as Reese's transferring, it obviously worked out well for her so maybe it wasnt an "excuse."
You are correct. I was wrong, and perhaps, out of line.

Reaction Score
Poole is actually a good 3 point shooter. You kinda have to guard her on the perimeter.
She might be, but she would have had to show me when Reese and Morris were dissecting the defense. GA's immediate problem was...getting a rebound. lol

Reaction Score
Flauje didn't shoot well, but she sure can rebound. Yea...she crashed into a couple of 3-point shooters, but at least she was going 100% on defense. I'm warming up to her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom