OT: - LPGA Championship...3rd major of the year...leaderboard link | The Boneyard

OT: LPGA Championship...3rd major of the year...leaderboard link

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score

At Congressional CC...one of the best in the world.
TV schedule

Thursday/Friday Golf Channel 11-3
Saturday/Sunday NBC 1-4

Purse went from 4.5 million last year to 9 million now...second highest purse ever.
Players to watch :
Jin Young Ko...world #1........Minji Lee...coming off winning the U.S. Open a couple of weeks ago.
Americans: Nelly Korda/Jennifer Kupcho/Lexi Thompson...all playing well.

BTW: the majors on the LPGA tour are increasingly getting better courses to play on.
Their next major is the [British] Open in July...at Muirfield...which is in the rotation for the men's Open.

Reaction Score
Hey, the DMV represent.

I think Nelly Korda is awesome. I'll be pulling for her this weekend.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Nelly seems to be in great form considering her long layoff for treating a blood clot in her arm.
Tied for 8th in first event upon her return...then last week lost in a playoff to Kupcho. I doubt a player of her ability [world #2] would say she is 'back' until she actually wins a tournament. I'm with you...hope she wins it.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
'Tis very early but after one round In Gee Chun is at 8 under 64 with second place at 3 under.
The course played tough...except for Chun. Anybody under par...like Nelly and Jennifer..has to feel good
about their own round but perhaps a bit concerned about Chun's margin. In Gee is legit...won a lot in Asia and several events in the United States.

A 5 shot lead after one round? Rare indeed.

Reaction Score
'Tis very early but after one round In Gee Chun is at 8 under 64 with second place at 3 under.
The course played tough...except for Chun. Anybody under par...like Nelly and Jennifer..has to feel good
about their own round but perhaps a bit concerned about Chun's margin. In Gee is legit...won a lot in Asia and several events in the United States.

A 5 shot lead after one round? Rare indeed.
Thanks once again for this post, Blake.

I'll be pulling for a second straight win for fellow Deac Jen Kupcho but, for the moment, I'm curious to see how In Gee Chun follows up yesterday. It's also rare indeed in golf to play really well the day after a great round.

Reaction Score
I attended an open round on a Friday when it was up in or near Holyoke. An afternoon rain storm drove most of the crowd away and when it stopped I was one of maybe 20 people following three feature groups. It was nice to watch pros who hit it about as far as I did.

Reaction Score
I attended an open round on a Friday when it was up in or near Holyoke. An afternoon rain storm drove most of the crowd away and when it stopped I was one of maybe 20 people following three feature groups. It was nice to watch pros who hit it about as far as I did.
Probably 2004 at the Orchards in South Hadley, Alydar. The course is on land owned by Mt. Holyoke College.

I was there the first three days of the tournament, and likely one of the 20 or so still hanging around after the rain... the women reportdly loved the course but the USGA hasn't gone back because it just didn't have the infrastructure to support a growing tournament.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Chun backed up a great round [64] with a very good one [69]...lead up to 6 shots.
Nice rounds by Kupcho [68]...Lydia Ko [67]...Lexi Thompson [67].
Not so nice by Nelly Korda [74].

Rooting for a tight Sunday finish...if Chun helps out a bit there are many elite players in the mix.
If she follows up with a good Saturday round...this may be a walk in the park come Sunday.

Chun at 133...the rest of the field at 139 or higher than that.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
The field needed help on Saturday and Chun gave them some...3 over 75.

Chun at 208...overall 8 under
Lexi Thompson and others second at 211...5 under....more at 4 under.
Lexi has nice momentum...picking up 7 shots on Chun the last 2 days.
Putt well today and maybe she gets her second major...Chun already has 2.

Hoping for tight late Sunday competition.

Reaction Score
Nice way to end a drought with a major. Congrats to Chung.
Agreed, TerpWomenFan, In Ghee smiled her way through all the ups and downs and ultimately was rewarded.

As for Lexi, sadly, watching her trying to finish off a tournament is like watching repeating replays of a NASCAR crash. She is such a talented, classy young woman yet has such emotional baggage.

Thanks one more time, Blake, for posting this a few days ago.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Well...it was a tight finish for sure. Chun tried to give it away with a 4 over 40 on the front nine.
Lexi hit the ball well and made some putts...led by 2 early in the second nine. But...she just refused to accept the gift.
Continued to hit the ball well on the back nine...a couple of bad chips...and terrible putting....missed two under 2 feet.
Just a brutal way to lose.

Chun gets the win after her second straight 75....283 total....5 under.
Lexi ties for second with a 73 for 284 with Minji Lee [won the U.S. Open just a few weeks ago.

{British] Open coming up next in terms of majors in July at Muirfield.

Reaction Score
Well...it was a tight finish for sure. Chun tried to give it away with a 4 over 40 on the front nine.
Lexi hit the ball well and made some putts...led by 2 early in the second nine. But...she just refused to accept the gift.
Continued to hit the ball well on the back nine...a couple of bad chips...and terrible putting....missed two under 2 feet.
Just a brutal way to lose.

Chun gets the win after her second straight 75....283 total....5 under.
Lexi ties for second with a 73 for 284 with Minji Lee [won the U.S. Open just a few weeks ago.

{British] Open coming up next in terms of majors in July at Muirfield.
And the men's Open Championship will be at the Old Course at St. Andrew's!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
BTW: I just saw that all three members of the last group [including Thompson and Chun] were fined
2 grand for slow play after the round. No penalties that would have added strokes to their scores...now THAT
would have created a huge amount of hubbub.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom