Louisville Dismisses Soccer Players After Party | The Boneyard

Louisville Dismisses Soccer Players After Party

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
We set such a lousy example I really feel for these kids. But it's another domino that will impact future decisions. I'm just hoping for hoops and XC at this point. Scholarship Athletes having parties and spreading to the student population are just lawsuits waiting to happen.

Reaction Score
We set such a lousy example I really feel for these kids. But it's another domino that will impact future decisions. I'm just hoping for hoops and XC at this point. Scholarship Athletes having parties and spreading to the student population are just lawsuits waiting to happen.
What does UConn shutting down football have to do with this?

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
That college students are going to adhere to social distancing protocols is laughable.
I for one definitely think 18 year olds that have their first tastes of freedom will adhere to social distancing and not congregate. I also just bought some magic beans from a traveling salesman.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think he is talking about "we" as adults in America, not UConn.
I'm not taking any flack for the chuds. I'm setting a great a example.

Reaction Score
Novices...

>>First off, he said, he never intended to "have a party," and certainly did not organize one. He lives with five teammates in what he described as “a gated group of houses leased to many student-athletes.” They’ve been there since reporting back to campus on June 15, along with many other athletes. They’d completed the voluntary portion of their workouts COVID-free. Had just tested negative. Again. All six of them had. They were going to celebrate. They’d been careful. They were going to hang out. There wasn’t a whole lot else to do. They told another teammate he could come over. Seven guys having a good time.

Except it wasn’t just seven. The teammate brought a few people, including a couple that Wheeler didn’t know. And, if you’ve been around these things, you know they can escalate quickly. And let’s not sugar-coat it, it got out of hand. Now, it wasn’t Snoop Dog-coming-on-stage-in-Old-School wild, but it definitely outgrew its originally scheduled parameters. I’ll let the player tell it in his own words.

“We didn’t plan a ‘party’ or large gathering last Saturday,” Wheeler said. “We didn’t invite a crowd to come to our house. One other student-athlete who had also just tested negative for COVID was invited to come over and hang out with us. This violated no rule. Several uninvited student-athletes followed him in. They said they were also COVID free. But, things escalated quickly. Athletes from multiple teams were let in by others we hadn’t invited. I didn’t know many of them. This made it more difficult to try to get the situation under control. We tried shutting it down and getting people to leave, but it took over an hour.”<<

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom