Who will win this game?

• Ohio St

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I really hate to say it, but good guy Jeff got out coached and his team got out played. I never thought I'd see the day when Walz would get out coached by McGuff. I never thought I'd see the day when I would think of McGuff as anything more than a school yard coach. His team played a patient, disciplined game against a tough Louisville squad. This guy may one day become the best coach in the conference. Did I just say that? Looks like parity is a party. UConn's resume is looking better by the day.

Reaction Score
Walz said Oregon is a better matchup for them. They don’t play very physical.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Wow. Bring brutally honest does not look as good on Jeff as it does on Geno who has a well delivered subtle touch and style. Multiple players thrown under the bus. Holly would be impressed. :oops::oops:

Reaction Score
Different coaches have different styles. I wouldn't coach that way but I wouldn't condemn any coach who did. There is a line you don't cross but some fans seem to think that college students are still little kids who should never have their feelings hurt. Kind of mirrors the remarks made about the ND coach and her criticisms of her team. That poster stated that McCalley used to get blasted for far less. She used to blast her team for a lack of effort or not doing in games what they have practiced, but she seldom if ever got on individual players as Walz just did. Still, as I stated some coaches will hold their players accountable more than others will. Perhaps they should try to keep it more in the locker room. Anyone who ever thought Walz was Mr. Nice Guy was sorely mistaken.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Different coaches have different styles. I wouldn't coach that way but I wouldn't condemn any coach who did. There is a line you don't cross but some fans seem to think that college students are still little kids who should never have their feelings hurt. Kind of mirrors the remarks made about the ND coach and her criticisms of her team. That poster stated that McCalley used to get blasted for far less. She used to blast her team for a lack of effort or not doing in games what they have practiced, but she seldom if ever got on individual players as Walz just did. Still, as I stated some coaches will hold their players accountable more than others will. Perhaps they should try to keep it more in the locker room. Anyone who ever thought Walz was Mr. Nice Guy was sorely mistaken.

I don't have a problem with accountability and a tough assessment but his delivery for me left alot to be desired. Just a laundry ,list describing crappy player performances.and plays like an anthropologist.

I prefer the "could not guard a chair" approach

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
A few UConn mentions. Nice kids. Hope they are in the race in the B10.

If the early season games are any indication, the Big 10 race is going to be entertaining. It's wide open.

Reaction Score
I concur, McGuff is apparently coaching this year and doing an excellent job.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom