Lou: Update on her shooting | The Boneyard

Lou: Update on her shooting

Reaction Score
We initially were going into this year with Lou, Paige and Azzi. Imagine that level of 3 point shooting. We had the whole enchilada last summer.
I don't know about Lou's foot injury that kept her out of the tail end of the Princeton game, but we may have none of those 3 players for the game against MD on Sunday (best case only 1 of the 3). Yikes!

If Nika can't go, then what you saw on the court at the end of the Princeton game is what UConn will have to go with for the MD game. Again, Yikes!

Reaction Score
Despite a tweaked foot, Chica (as she was known at Fairfield) is shooting .490/.532/.938. Her 3-point shooting after tonight would place her 8th in the nation. Lou is a bucket!
Aziz is a phenomenal shooter, with probably the smoothest and quickest release, particularly from 3-pt land, in the country. While Caitlin Clark might have the deepest range, I can't emphasize enough how effective Lou is from the outside. She may not be spectacular like Clark, or aesthetic like Aziz, but she might be as good, if not better. Yes, her release is little slow relative to other players, but if she gets a decent look, I'm surprised when it doesn't go in.

Agreed TeamFirst, what an offense and outside shooting this team would have if the aforementioned players were all available to play together. One can only dream.

Reaction Score
Aziz is a phenomenal shooter, with probably the smoothest and quickest release, particularly from 3-pt land, in the country. While Caitlin Clark might have the deepest range, I can't emphasize enough how effective Lou is from the outside. She may not be spectacular like Clark, or aesthetic like Aziz, but she might be as good, if not better. Yes, her release is little slow relative to other players, but if she gets a decent look, I'm surprised when it doesn't go in.

Agreed TeamFirst, what an offense and outside shooting this team would have if the aforementioned players were all available to play together. One can only dream.

For those not aware from what movie this is from, The Fifth Element

Reaction Score
Also, Lou Lopez Senechal is my nominee for "Mom" of this
year's team, AKA EVINA. She is the senior member, as is
Dorka. She nurtures and produces!
I love when Lou, Aubrey and Ines were doing the post game after Princeton and Ines was stuck for words Lou jumped in and showed her Momness and get the response for Ines and Aubrey was noding like yeah and so was Ines. shes got my vote

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
After the Maryland game, Lou is shooting .500/.529/.950. Rather Azzi-like, if I do say. She's 9th in the nation in 3-point shooting. If she had enough attempts to be listed, she would be 13th in FT shooting. I believe "Seau" is the French word for "Bucket."

Reaction Score
She needs more shots.
If we could convert all the turnovers into Lou shots, the magic would quickly return.
Need more shooters on the floor. I thought Ines might try a few. She was ok in other games.

Reaction Score

I agree here but Lou is benefitting surely from Azzi being on the court. She attracts a lot of attention which leaves Lou less than guarded. Lou is undoubtedly an amazing shooter and her four point plays are insane, if that were stat in that she'd lead the country for sure.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Lou’s game by game stats. Against Princeton, Maryland and FSU, there was no Azzi to draw the defense

071B6F89-7C35-47F6-9012-32128F5CC431.jpeg

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
Lou is clearly no Azzi Fudd, but I certainly think she's the next best thing and that's saying a lot. Her defense is so much better since the Texas game, and she is clearly making great decisions during play. I suspect when Azzi comes back, she will benefit from Lou's presence on the court.

Reaction Score
Lou’s game by game stats. Against Princeton, Maryland and FSU, there was no Azzi to draw the defense

View attachment 82086
True, but there was an Aubrey Griffin (against Princeton,) in the Maryland game she was in foul trouble early and perimeter offense went with her to the bench. FSU though great, isn't Iowa, NC State or Texas.

With or without Azzi, I agree Nan, she's an amazing shooter all her own but there's she benefits greatly when she is on the floor. Just like Azzi would if Paige were available and so on and so forth.

Reaction Score
Lou has been eye opening for UConn fans. She not only makes threes at a high rate, but has moves to the basket. A full offensive weapon. When Azzi comes back, would love to see a simpler offense that gets her and our shooters more shots. Our half court, read an react offense, generates too many worthless passes to non shooters who have to pass back to a shooter, causing WAY too many turn overs.

Reaction Score
Lou is clearly no Azzi Fudd, but I certainly think she's the next best thing and that's saying a lot. Her defense is so much better since the Texas game, and she is clearly making great decisions during play. I suspect when Azzi comes back, she will benefit from Lou's presence on the court.
Just from a scoring perspective, Lou's numbers are surprisingly comparable to Azzi's. [Note for the sticklers here: I said comparable, not identical] Of course, there's lots of room to argue that Azzi brings other things to the team besides scoring, and I'd probably agree that these outweigh what Lou brings. But this is much harder to quantify, and it may also be a shifting quantity. For example, when Azzi was in the lineup, the rest of the team seemed to look to her to take over at various points. Do they look to Lou in the same way? I suspect they now look to Aaliyah as much as to Lou or Azzi.

Reaction Score
Lou is fearless as well on both ends. She took some nasty charges, including with 4 fouls. She's not afraid to keep shooting when they don't go in. And, she's not afraid to drive to the lane for contact so opponents have to respect that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom