Look who Jerry Palm has us playing in the first round | The Boneyard

Look who Jerry Palm has us playing in the first round

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I like the teams in the UConn bracket if it stays that way - Texas is a huge athletic team and would give UConn issues and Illinois is more of the same but many teams that UConn can handle
I'm glad AG gets a chance to dance after all he's been through - really nice young man

Reaction Score
Would take that matchup. Wouldn't say Wichita State stinks but I think we would overwhelm them in the paint.

Hope we get a 7 or 10 seed over the 8-9 seed if we cant get a 6 seed.
Would prefer this bracket as well

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
For sure over lunardi last bracket.
He has us in an 8-9 matchup with Loyala Chicago and winner faces Gonzaga. Talk about brutal
Odd to name a sports team after a long since demised economy car.

I wouldn't say I'm a fan, but I've been following Loyola of Chicago the last few seasons, as a young fishing buddy is a grad, as are his father, two uncles, his brother and his wife. So yeah, he's a big fan, and we talk basketball enough that he stays abreast of the Huskies and I pay attention to the Ramblers. Anyway, they are fun to watch, and their star (Cameron Krutwig) may be the least likely basketball star in the world. 6-9 with way too high a BMI for a Division 1 athlete, and looks kinda like cousin Eddie (Christmas Vacation). But he's effective. Scores in the high teens with almost 7 boards and 3 dimes a game. He has a way of improving his position with the ball in the paint that's not too unlike Adama in that regard. Anyway, I told my buddy to pray they don't end up facing us, because Sanogo will destroy him.

Reaction Score
Now it's showing 7 UConn vs 10 Georgia Tech with 2 Alabama and 3 Villanova up next.
6 Creighton vs 11 Colorado St then 3 Houston
I'm not buying Houston. Certainly not buying they are 3 seeds higher than us. We split with them last year. We've improved considerably since last year. Have they? I don't actually know.

To be honest, I'm not sure who I'm buying. Nova was physically very impressive and had some really tough stretch bigs. Nightmare matchups for pretty much everyone. But without Gillespie and potentially the other guard they probably don't get out of the first round.

My prediction: getting hot and playing your best basketball in this year's tournament is going to matter more than other years. It's going to be way more valuable than a team's seeding. The good teams just aren't that good. A hot UCONN can beat anyone in the field.

Needless to say, we are hot.

Reaction Score
They have postseason ban this year (unless they win their appeal sometime in the next two weeks)
I think I heard that after I post my comment
Other way around. They've appealed, so they are temporarily eligible until after the NCAA rules on the appeal. They don't have to win the appeal to play, they just can't lose it before.

There is a 0% chance the NCAA will decide on the appeal before the tournament and keep Cade Cunningham out.

They will be in the tourny.

Reaction Score
Other way around. They've appealed, so they are temporarily eligible until after the NCAA rules on the appeal. They don't have to win the appeal to play, they just can't lose it before.

There is a 0% chance the NCAA will decide on the appeal before the tournament and keep Cade Cunningham out.

They will be in the tourny.
That's actually fascinating. Seems backwards from the typical violation/investigation. I've become pretty anti-sanction since the UNC thing. If blatant/open cheating doesn't warrant suspension I'm not sure what does. I suppose I should be pleased with the NCAA's new incompetence by design.

Thanks by the way. I was actually wondering about OK State. I recently heard about the OK State thing, but I still see projection experts placing them in their mock brackets. Seemed odd.

I'm curious what happens to AZ. I sorta think the jig is up with actual suspensions and punishment. The NCAA is a scam. They know it. They know we know it. Somehow I think they understand they've lost credibility and any remnant of a moral high ground. I see lots of slaps on the wrist in the future.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Out of all the one seeds I would love for us to get matched up with Baylor. From what I've seen they struggle against teams with solid big man play. Think we have the bigs and guards to give them trouble if it came down to it. I would not want to play Cade Cunningham at any point in this tourney though. Kid is special. Georgia Tech has been hot recently as well.

Reaction Score
Has anyone watched Gonzaga this year? I saw a few of their early-season games and then watched their game last night.

Could not be more impressed. They are ridiculously good, probably one of the best college teams I've seen in a while. Two top-10 NBA picks, and the best big guy in the nation not named Garza. Seriously hope we do not get placed in their bracket.

Reaction Score
I've been a fan of theirs since 1999. Had no idea who they were prior to our game, but they fought like hell. I still feel our 1999 team was our best. And their team of nobodies almost won the game. If we don't win it all, I would not mind seeing Gonzaga finally win.
Has anyone watched Gonzaga this year? I saw a few of their early-season games and then watched their game last night.

Could not be more impressed. They are ridiculously good, probably one of the best college teams I've seen in a while. Two top-10 NBA picks, and the best big guy in the nation not named Garza. Seriously hope we do not get placed in their bracket.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Is he seriously putting UConn and Nova in the Banker's Life 1 bracket, and Xavier slated to also be there if they were to win the initial game?

Reaction Score
Is he seriously putting UConn and Nova in the Banker's Life 1 bracket, and Xavier slated to also be there if they were to win the initial game?
Wasn't that some sort of informal rule at one point. Maybe even a formal rule. Don't seed the teams in such a way that would allow conference opponents to play each other in the first 2 rounds. Unless a conference gets 10 teams in. Or some large number where it cannot be avoided.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Making sure that there can't be 3 Big East teams in the Final Four again, eh?

Isn't there something that prohibits match-ups against same conference members until later rounds by putting them in different brackets? Obviously this cannot apply when a conference has more than 4 bids, but I always thought there was some kind of balancing mechanism.

Reaction Score
That’s what I thought too. Not going to happen. Rule or not they do actually try to avoid inter league matchups until at least the sweet 16. Prefer to wait until the Elite 8 If possible. Putting 3 Big East teams in the same bracket is also a huge dis.

Reaction Score

They are a great team, and I know that this is a tired trope, but watching that game last night it's pretty obvious that most of the teams in that conference aren't only not good at all, they mentally beat themselves before they even step on the court. There were multiple St. Mary's kids throwing the ball away or playing hot potato with it trying to avoid looking stupid. They're definitely a top five team in the country, and probably the best on their day, but I'll be fascinated as always to see if they can run a gauntlet of great teams in a short space that won't fold like cheap suits.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom