Local high school power...is their center a UConn target? | The Boneyard

Local high school power...is their center a UConn target?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I see that Capital Prep is undefeated and ranked #1 in the state. They recently beat a NY team and will play Murry Bergtraum on Saturday. MB is an occasional national power. [especially back in the Buckets Prince days]...good luck to CP.
They have a 6'3" kid [Gillespie?]....not sure what her year is but I think she is a soph or junior. I wonder
if UConn has interest?

BTW: During seven one's junior year Cicero played MB in the NYS tourney in Albany. I was at that game....Breanna had a strong first half and Cicero had a small lead. She didn't get many shots in the second half and MB's athleticism took over the game and Cicero lost by a bunch.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Don't think so. At least haven't heard about her and UCONN.

Kiah Gillespie. 2015
Hoopgurlz 6-1 F #42
Prospect Nation 6-3 W #54
Bluestar #52
ASGR 6-1 G #39
Fullcourt F #47

(last updates I had)

No one has her as a post, but more of a forward/wing player??? 6-1 to 6-3.

Reactions: HGN

HGN

Reaction Score
Thanks for info Meyers........But if she's a Kia(h) , Bria or Brianna , maybe UConn has some mild interest.

Reaction Score
I saw some video of her. She may be better than her rankings suggest, but the part about her being a wing/forward is accurate. Saw a lot of her getting the rebound then leading the break like a PG.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
they also beat just Murry B (NYC) saturday night

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Or a Katie Lou.
Or just "Lou."

We need to get KLS. She drains a three. People yell "Lou! Lou!" Of course, it sounds like "Boo! Boo!" If Diana's in the house, she'll say it sounds as if they are mooing.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
They did beat Murry Bergtraum [game played at MB's court] 71-70. Gillespie had 27...was game MVP....and hit the winning foul
shot. MB closed the game with a 30-13 rush but CP held on. MB was national #15 in the latest USAToday rankings.
The new rankings come out on Wednesday....I would hope CP would get into the top 25....it would be a rare happening for a Ct. high school team to be ranked.
Bergtraum now 14-2....wonder who else they lost to? CP now 10-0.

Nice job by the locals!!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Weaver (24-2) will play undefeated and top-seeded Capital Prep, an 80-61 winner over Ledyard, in an all-Hartford final for the Class L championship either Saturday or Sunday at Mohegan Sun Arena at a time to be determined.

I should be able to make it to this game if its during the day... I dont drive Rt. 2 at night

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
On the boys side I just saw the local News 12 in Fairfield County and Fairfield Prep has a 7 footer boy. Dont know age or anything about him perhaps somebody can enlighten us.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Weaver (24-2) will play undefeated and top-seeded Capital Prep, an 80-61 winner over Ledyard, in an all-Hartford final for the Class L championship either Saturday or Sunday at Mohegan Sun Arena at a time to be determined.

I should be able to make it to this game if its during the day... I dont drive Rt. 2 at night
Used to drive Rt 2 all the time, at all hours. Probably my favorite stretch of road in NE.

Reaction Score
On the boys side I just saw the local News 12 in Fairfield County and Fairfield Prep has a 7 footer boy. Dont know age or anything about him perhaps somebody can enlighten us.

Paschal Chukwu who is going to Providence next year.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score

If he's a boy named "Sue"' can we recruit him?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Nope - Geno said he's done with all that - only interested players named Mary, Sue Ann, etc.
Chances are, any female with one if those names is over 35 by now.

Reaction Score
I see that Capital Prep is undefeated and ranked #1 in the state. They recently beat a NY team and will play Murry Bergtraum on Saturday. MB is an occasional national power. [especially back in the Buckets Prince days]...good luck to CP.
They have a 6'3" kid [Gillespie?]....not sure what her year is but I think she is a soph or junior. I wonder
if UConn has interest?

BTW: During seven one's junior year Cicero played MB in the NYS tourney in Albany. I was at that game....Breanna had a strong first half and Cicero had a small lead. She didn't get many shots in the second half and MB's athleticism took over the game and Cicero lost by a bunch.
According to article from The New London Day, she is being recruited by multiple D-1 programs including Tennessee. ESPN.com has her as the ninth best forward and 42nd best recruit in the country.

Reaction Score
hope geno and company are not casual in keeping an eye on connecticut players. sadie edwards resorted to going to new jersey . bria holmes was selected unanimously to the all big 12 team.

Last edited:

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
DC: we expect a detailed analysis of her game...don't let us down.

I see that a couple of last year's CP team transferred to their Saturday opponent Weaver.
Yikes!

CP was Class S champ last year...class L this year...but they seem to be better by far than any other state team.
I would be kinda shocked if Weaver takes them down.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I hope UCONN looks hard at her. Depending on her goals, it's possible she could contribute like a Maria Conlon type of player, or it's possible she could be thrilled to be on the team and contribute like Heather Buck. Either way I enjoy the local kids being on the team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom