Local bleed blue Husky here in Houston. PLEASE read | The Boneyard

Local bleed blue Husky here in Houston. PLEASE read

Reaction Score
My third winter here full time and probably 50x before I started doing doing the winter thing. It is as spread out as you've heard..

I will post some local info as to eats, bars, sights.

Who is coming when? Who is staying where? Please feel free to reply or PM me.

You won't find this in lower Fairfield County; but my complex has great pool, jacuzzi, 4 grills, bar station, 2 fridges, comfy lounge chairs, Flat screen TV, big green space for frisbee, whiffle ball, vomiting, etc. All outdoors.

Clubhouse with pool table, 4 TVs, mini kitchen and even pretty nice gym.

What I am getting at ..... place is built for celebrations and I am completely up for a Saturday earlier BBQ or Sunday as long as we might want. Had to be last minute, obviously.

I am a walkable 3 miles from NRG, 1/2 block to the bus that takes you straight there. Uber, Lyft etc. Free guest covered parking for the car renters. If we can pull this off, if a small or large bunch is interested, Just bring yourselves, swimsuits etc. If you are staying in a 5 mile radius of NRG, it is an easy go. Bring hard booze if you like. I got the sacreds and good old school burgers, HOT dogs, chicken and regular BBQ snacks and sides.

Tom, fishy, deepster; you organized BY challenges, meet ups at the old Coach's in Hartford etc. . Any tips on last minute organizing, please. I accept help. If I'm nuts, haha, tell me. Or if I am competing with "authorized" events. Oh yeah, going to BOTH games.

Under 30 guys making the trip.... my young, female neighbors are young and female and there are lots of them.

OK. Fire away.

PS> The Hyatts, Ritz Carltons of the world are aplenty and mostly center city. Knock yourselves out. Many very solid options are downtown and immediate surrounding areas downtown.

OK. I am out of typing breath.

Go Huskies!!!!

Dan (ewekon)

Reaction Score
You're the man. I would be interested! Any idea what hotel the team is in?

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
My third winter here full time and probably 50x before I started doing doing the winter thing. It is as spread out as you've heard..

You won't find this in lower Fairfield County; but my complex has great pool, jacuzzi, 4 grills, bar station, 2 fridges, comfy lounge chairs, Flat screen TV, big green space for frisbee, whiffle ball, vomiting, etc. All outdoors.

What I am getting at ..... place is built for celebrations and I am completely up for a Saturday earlier BBQ or Sunday as long as we might want. Had to be last minute, obviously.

I am a walkable 3 miles from NRG, 1/2 block to the bus that takes you straight there. Uber, Lyft etc. Free guest covered parking for the car renters. If we can pull this off, if a small or large bunch is interested, Just bring yourselves, swimsuits etc. If you are staying in a 5 mile radius of NRG, it is an easy go. Bring hard booze if you like. I got the sacreds and good old school burgers, HOT dogs, chicken and regular BBQ snacks and sides.

Tom, fishy, deepster; you organized BY challenges, meet ups at the old Coach's in Hartford etc. . Any tips on last minute organizing, please. I accept help. If I'm nuts, haha, tell me. Or if I am competing with "authorized" events. Oh yeah, going to BOTH games.

Under 30 guys making the trip.... my young, female neighbors are young and female and there are lots of them.

OK. Fire away.

PS> The Hyatts, Ritz Carltons of the world are aplenty and mostly center city. Knock yourselves out. Many very solid options are downtown and immediate surrounding areas downtown.

Go Huskies!!!!

Dan (ewekon)
I hope you guys have the time of your lives! Be safe, soak it up and be as loud as humanly possible!!

Reaction Score
Old School house? Yes!!!!
will ferrell frank the tank GIF

Reaction Score
You're the man. I would be interested! Any idea what hotel the team is in?
The Whitehall downtown. Fridays and Saturdays at the outdoor bar provide beautiful snacks.....

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
This sounds awesome, I would definitely be in. My dad and I are arriving Friday night, we’re staying a little ways from the action at the Fairfield inn and suites…just kinda picked it at random and figured we’d find our way downtown. First final four and first time to Houston, so would absolutely love to meet up with a UConn crowd pregame!

Reaction Score

OK. Fire away.

Go Huskies!!!!

Dan (ewekon)

I am updating tonite to get #s and confirms. 8 or 10...definitely a go. 20 would be incredible.
THE MORE THE MERRIER.
Come for a Sacred Rock, a swim, stay all the way til it ends. Just come on over, y'all.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Very generous offer. Hope people take you up on it and everyone has a wonderful event.

First time I’ve ever seen a featured listing that includes outdoor vomiting in it. Sounds like your place is rocking.

That is the way!

Reaction Score
I'll be staying at a friend's place in River Oaks. I don't think I'm too far from you or NRG.

He says it's super-easy to get around via Uber, but I wouldn't mind walking places either.

Hopefully I can join you all!

Reaction Score
I'll be staying at a friend's place in River Oaks. I don't think I'm too far from you or NRG.

He says it's super-easy to get around via Uber, but I wouldn't mind walking places either.

Hopefully I can join you all!
the 56 bus runs from NRG up Montrose Blvd to Corner of West Dallas and my apt.
the 40 from river oaks east on West Dallas to same corner. Yes, that's east on west dallas :)

Reaction Score
the 56 bus runs from NRG up Montrose Blvd to Corner of West Dallas and my apt.
the 40 from river oaks east on West Dallas to same corner. Yes, that's east on west dallas :)
Fantastic! I've been more focused on the rail but will look into the buses as well.

Thanks!

Reaction Score
Tempting lol... let me know. I'll be staying at a cousins place in Sugarland-Sienna.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom