Lobster Roll in CT | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Lobster Roll in CT

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Interesting. I’ve never had one there. Every time I got to Parkville, I have a tough time ordering anything but the Jamaican jerk chicken.
I like that place, as well. I pretty much like 'em all.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Every time I got to Parkville, I have a tough time ordering anything but the Jamaican jerk chicken.
100% Especially as a shoreline resident who is lucky to be within 15 minutes of at least 10 really good to best in business lobster roll joints. When I go to Parkville (Ive played there a few times too) I smash that Jerk Chicken. So fricking good! My motto in life is "eat the area youre in" and the Hartford area as good jamaican food as anywhere in country.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
My motto in life is "eat the area youre in" and the Hartford area as good jamaican food as anywhere in country.
That's one hell of an indictment on all those places in your travels where you've chosen Arby's :D

August_West

Reaction Score
That's one hell of an indictment on all those places in your travels where you've chosen Arby's :D

Ive told my story on here that I only eat Arbys in Michigan (the best in the country Arbys is in Whitehall) and sometimes down south, because they care about quality. The couple times Ive stepped into a CT or Northeast Arby's in the last decade has been a disappointing experience. So yeah, that motto applies to Arby's too. :)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
100% Especially as a shoreline resident who is lucky to be within 15 minutes of at least 10 really good to best in business lobster roll joints. When I go to Parkville (Ive played there a few times too) I smash that Jerk Chicken. So fricking good! My motto in life is "eat the area youre in" and the Hartford area as good jamaican food as anywhere in country.
Along that train of thought, I'm assuming Mofongo is good. The line is always so long I look elsewhere. And the Italian place made the list of best new restaurants in CT. I've never been because I already get enough Italian food.

August_West

Reaction Score
Along that train of thought, I'm assuming Mofongo is good. The line is always so long I look elsewhere. And the Italian place made the list of best new restaurants in CT. I've never been because I already get enough Italian food.
Mofongo is GREAT! Same owners as OG New Britain one, which I love a lot.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Mofongo is GREAT! Same owners as OG New Britain one, which I love a lot.
I love Mofongo. They need to open one in New Haven.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Mohegan Sun lobster roll…$42

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We hit Captain Scott’s tonight.

Windy as hell and pretty cold, but a steady stream of people kept showing up.

It was lobster on a hot dog bun. They did not screw it up.

But for two small lobster rolls, one large lobster, roll, two orders of fries and three drinks, the tab was just south of $90….eh, there’s a lot better ways to spend $90.

We also spent a night at Mohegan Sun. Hotel is clean, restaurants were fine, but blech. The whole vibe is just not enjoyable.

Reaction Score
I grew up in an Italian household and I'm married to an Italian, who, although she eats cold lobster rolls, is a great cook, so I rarely go to Italian restaurants, but Fornarelli's on Asylum St. is probably the only reason I would go into Hartford for a non-game related excursion.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The State of Massachusetts has a billboard in New Haven now, just as you start to cross the Q Bridge on 95-south, proudly proclaiming “BUTTERED OR WITH MAYO,” which is apparently a new marketing campaign intended to contrast with Connecticut‘s noted preference for buttered lobster rolls.

I thought that was an interesting self-own.

August_West

Reaction Score
The State of Massachusetts has a billboard in New Haven now, just as you start to cross the Q Bridge on 95-south, proudly proclaiming “BUTTERED OR WITH MAYO,” which is apparently a new marketing campaign intended to contrast with Connecticut‘s noted preference for buttered lobster rolls.

I thought that was an interesting self-own.
This needs to be defaced. Immediately

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Horseshoe crabs? Edit; Never thought of eating one but I now know you can. Thought they were protected or farmed for their clotting factors of their blood?
pops sez that when the migrations from the vietnam war kicked in, Bridgeport got swamped (nice folks, all), and then poof!, all the horseshoes
disappeared from Seaside Park.

i ain't eating them. no way, no how. i don't care how much olive oil and garlic u put on them.

August_West

Reaction Score
I mean, the statement itself is defacing enough, no?
No. They need to take their weak crap and leave.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

August_West

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom