Lobster Roll in CT | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Lobster Roll in CT

Reaction Score
65 years ago, as a boy on my grandparents dairy farm in the summers, I don't think that folks thought of eating a cheese waste by-product...but it was a genius marketing idea...

"Hey, instead of throwing the curds out to the hog farmers, we could market them as a delicacy. I know it sounds crazy..but".

The marketing guy moved on but remembered the lesson.

"Hey, instead of throwing out these parts when you process rabbits, let's sell the idea of a lucky rabbit foot. I know it sounds crazy, but"

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Ketchup is specifically engineered for the palate of 9 year-olds or younger.

Not only is barbeque sauce more versatile, but I don't think I can come up with a single use for ketchup that barbeque cannot improve by at least ten-fold.

It is a last resort condiment.

Last edited:

Husky25

Reaction Score

1624486028708.png

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Poutine is great.

Also, ketchup is great. When I put ketchup on every hot dog I eat, I imagine the whining of you mustard poseurs.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Poutine is great.

Also, ketchup is great. When I put ketchup on every hot dog I eat, I imagine the whining of you mustard poseurs.
You ever have disco fries at a Jersey diner?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
You ever have disco fries at a Jersey diner?
Even though it avoids ketchup, I have an issue with krinkle cut fries. There's no valid reason for it other than those were always the frozen fries my mother served. And they were always limp.

August_West

Reaction Score
Even though it avoids ketchup, I have an issue with krinkle cut fries. There's no valid reason for it other than those were always the frozen fries my mother served. And they were always limp.
Dude the real Jersey diners do with steak fries. Tick tock in Clifton. Ooof

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Dude the real Jersey diners do with steak fries. Tick tock in Clifton. Ooof
I believe I've eaten in at least one diner in a at least half of the 22 counties of New Jersey. Many more in the Essex/Union/Bergen area. So it comes as a surprise to me that I haven't been to a "real" Jersey diner yet.

Every photo I've ever seen of your abomination used krinkle cuts. I've never order the crap. I'll take your word for steak fries being the sine qua non of frozen spud choices in that dish.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Did she microwave them?

Krinkle cut fries in a convention can be solid, but you can't just throw them on a tray and cook according to the package.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Did she microwave them?

Krinkle cut fries in a convention can be solid, but you can't just throw them on a tray and cook according to the package.
Electric oven. She didn't have a microwave until I was long out of the house and gave her one.

Reaction Score
I tried something yesterday at the Crown Jewel on Great Diamond Island...

In the spirit of exploration.

Hand cut fries drizzled with kabayaki, bonito, and yuzu mayo....actually turned out to be good.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I see that Lobster Landing opened for the season this weekend...and their lobster rolls are now $26 plus tax!!!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
They got some national coverage from one of the chummy weekend shows.

August_West

Reaction Score
I see that Lobster Landing opened for the season this weekend...and their lobster rolls are now $26 plus tax!!!
New owners

August_West

Reaction Score
Baci sold?!?
Yup. He's gone. He was 1/2 the charm of that place. The rolls are the same, but we will see what happens. Lobster prices are sky high everywhere. 26 in this market is still fair, unfortunately.

By the way I have an entry for worst lobster roll ever.

Thames Landing Oyster House in New London. Went there last week after a Dr.s appt. Roll was 35 bucks. Waitress was hyping it up saying "we just won awards" so Kate got one (Lobster has been her pregnancy craving so far , I said "whatever happened to pregnant women craving pickles" lol) So they bring it out and there was a very good amount of decent looking lobster on it, problem was they grilled the hot dog roll with the most insane garlickly butter and then drenched the whole thing with more over the top garlic butter and oregano. We both love garlic and butter but This was the most overpowering, nuclear garlic butter ever. You literally could not taste anything else.

Criminal.

So Fishy is wrong. Adults CAN screw up a lobster roll.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yup. He's gone. He was 1/2 the charm of that place. The rolls are the same, but we will see what happens. Lobster prices are sky high everywhere. 26 in this market is still fair, unfortunately.

By the way I have an entry for worst lobster roll ever.

Thames Landing Oyster House in New London. Went there last week after a Dr.s appt. Roll was 35 bucks. Waitress was hyping it up saying "we just won awards" so Kate got one (Lobster has been her pregnancy craving so far , I said "whatever happened to pregnant women craving pickles" lol) So they bring it out and there was a very good amount of decent looking lobster on it, problem was they grilled the hot dog roll with the most insane garlickly butter and then drenched the whole thing with more over the top garlic butter and oregano. We both love garlic and butter but This was the most overpowering, nuclear garlic butter ever. You literally could not taste anything else.

Criminal.

So Fishy is wrong. Adults CAN screw up a lobster roll.
Huge bummer about Baci. That and $26 will definitely limit my visits. Have to see what Liv’s Dockside Grill is going to do in Clinton this year.

August_West

Reaction Score
Huge bummer about Baci. That and $26 will definitely limit my visits. Have to see what Liv’s Dockside Grill is going to do in Clinton this year.
yeah,

im not in line for over 20 either.

Reaction Score
Wife and I had our first roll of the season at Bill's in Westbrook Saturday. Cold for her, hot for me. $24.95 per.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom