Lobster Roll in CT | Page 24 | The Boneyard

Lobster Roll in CT

Reaction Score
It is a scientific fact that the lobster roll is the easiest meal on the planet to prepare. It is harder to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich than it is to make a world-class lobster roll. You have to actually try to make a bad lobster roll.

All credit to Red36 in Mystic.

Their lobster rolls are absolute crap. Someone should be shot.
I have an idea. Why don't we get one from Abbott's, one from Lobster Landing....then you make one and we have a blind taste test from a few Yarders?

Reaction Score
Apparently the football team and staff is treated to excellent lobster rolls at the football complex. I believe the cook is Pam. Coach Mora stated this when asked the best place to eat on campus in recent podcast.

Reaction Score
Slightly off-topic, but for the 4th we prepared our first at-home lobster meal.

We simply ordered to lobsters freshly boiled and then my we made all the sides: guac, oven-charred “chips”, potato salad, roasted fingerlings w old bay and a bowl of summer fruit.

Real simple meal, but it tasted amazing and cost maybe $35 all in.

IMG_2782.jpeg

We’re doing an overnight near Mystic on Monday, so we’ll see which local haunts we’ll check out.

Reaction Score
I’m visiting CT for a few days so my first stop was Lobster Landing. I brought my brother who was there for the first time. We throughly enjoyed the rolls on a sunny Friday afternoon. Had to wait 10 minutes or so but well worth the wait. I believe they were $25 a piece.

Reaction Score
Shocked no one has mentioned Luke's lobster. My hs classmate was a co-founder around 2010, apparently earning millions off that now.

Reaction Score
As a reward for patiently biding my time at Clinton Crossing for three hours, my wife got us lobster rolls at Lobster Landing for our first visit!

Lovely spot! Heavier on lemon than other lobster rolls that I’ve had, but it cut through the butter nicely.

IMG_3120.jpeg

IMG_3121.jpeg

Reaction Score
Eventide in Boston/Portland. Went to the latter last weekend. We’ll see if anything in CT beats it. Easily in my top 5, probably top 3

All knuckle/claw
Brown butter
House-made bun that is almost like a bao bun in texture/sweetness

C5BD25AD-C232-4EE5-80AB-9709F886DE35.jpeg

Reaction Score
Man, Abbot’s did not disappoint. Got the double size hot roll and loved it so I had to go back and get a cold one. Got a table right on the little dock out back. Perfect day for it. BY is bugging out and not letting me post pics but I will when I can

temery

What?
Reaction Score
@temery let me post pics what’s going on

There are no restrictions on your account. Post or send me a screen capture. If you can cut paste the error message text, do so here.

Reaction Score
There are no restrictions on your account. Post or send me a screen capture. If you can cut paste the error message text, do so here.

All good now. Cheers

Reaction Score
As a reward for patiently biding my time at Clinton Crossing for three hours, my wife got us lobster rolls at Lobster Landing for our first visit!

Lovely spot! Heavier on lemon than other lobster rolls that I’ve had, but it cut through the butter nicely.

View attachment 90754
View attachment 90755

Went today after enduring back-to-school shopping just up the street with the family. In my opinion, Abbott's is better as this had a tad too much butter. Again, just my opinion.

Reaction Score
I got kinda dumb and got a lobster roll at Dockside Brewery in Milford.

Love the place overall. I think it was my third time. The food the first two times was great. Solid drink program, good selection of house and guest beers. Location, view, and venue itself all fantastic.

I’ve been feeling like I really want to be a connoisseur of lobster rolls along the CT coast and beyond, so now I feel like any place that I generally know is solid, I’m gonna try their roll. Don’t think I’m gonna do that anymore. Just too costly. But I do want to find some good ones in the Milford/New Haven/Branford area and I have yet to. Dockside in Branford was maybe a 6/10.

My mom also got one at the Brewery and hers was probably about a 6-6.5. Mine was not edible and I had to send it back after a few bites. I was genuinely worried I’d get sick. The lobster was mushy, gray, and literally tasted like cardboard. I ended up eating something else.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I got kinda dumb and got a lobster roll at Dockside Brewery in Milford.

Love the place overall. I think it was my third time. The food the first two times was great. Solid drink program, good selection of house and guest beers. Location, view, and venue itself all fantastic.

I’ve been feeling like I really want to be a connoisseur of lobster rolls along the CT coast and beyond, so now I feel like any place that I generally know is solid, I’m gonna try their roll. Don’t think I’m gonna do that anymore. Just too costly. But I do want to find some good ones in the Milford/New Haven/Branford area and I have yet to. Dockside in Branford was maybe a 6/10.

My mom also got one at the Brewery and hers was probably about a 6-6.5. Mine was not edible and I had to send it back after a few bites. I was genuinely worried I’d get sick. The lobster was mushy, gray, and literally tasted like cardboard. I ended up eating something else.
Dont. Come up to my end of shore and I will buy you one.

Reaction Score
the Seven Seas in Milford is a great spot for "inexpensive" lobster rolls in CT.........the fish and chips are awfully good too!! Been going there in summers for decades and they haven't failed us yet.......

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Coincidentally I just saw this this morning.

So Im hated on Social Media for denigrating Mass and Maine Lobster Rolls. These idiots, one "friend" in particular,travel up and down the cape and north shore and southern coast of Maine posting 1 lb Lobster rolls for 45 bucks or whatever. I tried to appeal to his rationality and show him the wholesale prices of a lb of picked lobster which in New England Averages about 70 bucks a lb.... (never less than 50 sometimes higher than 90) and try to explain to him that a tourist restaurant on the cape isnt in business to lose 50-60 bucks a roll due to food costs and and rent/payroll etc..... but he swears his mayonnaise drenched abomination is 100% pure pound of lobster meat. And then all his buds try to pipe in. You know why Mass and Maine overstuff mayonnaise cold lobster rolls? Because 2/3rds of it ain't Lobster! Im happy to pay 50 and change in CT for a hot roll, but its ALL Lobster and 1/2 lb. and Im happy to pay it because I know what it is.

Reaction Score
So Im hated on Social Media for denigrating Mass and Maine Lobster Rolls. These idiots, one "friend" in particular,travel up and down the cape and north shore and southern coast of Maine posting 1 lb Lobster rolls for 45 bucks or whatever. I tried to appeal to his rationality and show him the wholesale prices of a lb of picked lobster which in New England Averages about 70 bucks a lb.... (never less than 50 sometimes higher than 90) and try to explain to him that a tourist restaurant on the cape isnt in business to lose 50-60 bucks a roll due to food costs and and rent/payroll etc..... but he swears his mayonnaise drenched abomination is 100% pure pound of lobster meat. And then all his buds try to pipe in. You know why Mass and Maine overstuff mayonnaise cold lobster rolls? Because 2/3rds of it ain't Lobster! Im happy to pay 50 and change in CT for a hot roll, but its ALL Lobster and 1/2 lb. and Im happy to pay it because I know what it is.

I know the hot v. cold and butter v. mayo lobster roll debate will go on forever. As a Connecticut native, I prefer what we have here on the shore. But, I do have family and Maine and there are places that are really good there, too, that don't skimp on the lobster meat. of the better know places, Red's in Wiscasset is the best I have been too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom