Liza Karlen? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Liza Karlen?

Reaction Score
Agree. From what we saw last season, Liza Karlen will run rings around Brady and pretty much dominate that match up.
I’m confused here, you agree , but say the opposite. Karlen is insurance… you think her ACC numbers will match her Big East numbers, I doubt it.

Reaction Score
ND has had a good response to the letter K! Karlen, King, and KK Bransford returned from the portal.
Branford is still gonna be the odd woman out if everyone is healthy. I expect to see a frowning face on the ND bench.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Branford is still gonna be the odd woman out if everyone is healthy. I expect to see a frowning face on the ND bench.
Not sure about that. From what I understand, King, while similarly sized to Bransford, is more of a forward.

That means Bransford is ND's top backup guard. She'll get solid minutes. Not starter minutes, but solid.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Jana is 6-4 (at least), no?

Ice did okay against Karlen in the BET (5-18 and 0-4).

Karlen is a nice player but at 6-2 and more of a finesse player she isn't really what next season's UConn team needs.

Not sure she addresses ND's issues in the lane either but that's their problem.
To the extent that ND's issues in the lane involved competing with ultra-tall centers like Beers, that rests on Koval's shoulders.

Before yesterday, ND had exactly two posts (I think Prosper could play the 4, but that's another story). So at least Karlen gives another productive veteran option. We'll see where she lands on the Sheperd-Dodson-Ebo transfer forward continuum. At the very least she is an upgrade skill-wise on Watson, though a downgrade size-wise.

ND loves nothing more than a white finesse power forward standing approximately 6'2 to 6'3 (e.g. Brunelle, M. Westbeld, Boley).

Reaction Score
The other two players who have been discussed are Juniors. Liza has just one season of availability. Which scenario is more likely to push others on the team into the portal?
I agree that the GS cause less issues because they are one and gone. The issue I have is UConn has players that should be better than her already on the roster so why add her. She is a quality person and good player but she isn't going to be difference maker to the level that makes it worth the risk, even if the risk is low. That's how I look at it anyway.

Reaction Score
To the extent that ND's issues in the lane involved competing with ultra-tall centers like Beers, that rests on Koval's shoulders.

Before yesterday, ND had exactly two posts (I think Prosper could play the 4, but that's another story). So at least Karlen gives another productive veteran option. We'll see where she lands on the Sheperd-Dodson-Ebo transfer forward continuum. At the very least she is an upgrade skill-wise on Watson, though a downgrade size-wise.

ND loves nothing more than a white finesse power forward standing approximately 6'2 to 6'3 (e.g. Brunelle, M. Westbeld, Boley).
Brianna Turner and Maya Dodson makes your point nonsense. Besides Boley was a 3 point shooter and only stayed a year because she underperformed so she went to Oregon to underperform.

Reaction Score
Next season, I believe you'll be watching the Huskies battle the Irish (and Ms. Karlen) in South Bend. ND went to your place this season.
Still, I get the sentiment ;)
That’s going to be a tough game!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Brianna Turner and Maya Dodson makes your point nonsense. Besides Boley was a 3 point shooter and only stayed a year because she underperformed so she went to Oregon to underperform.
I consider Dodson and Turner centers, but regardless I wasn't saying that's the only type of forward ND recruits, just that they have an affinity for that archetype.

By the way, Leah Macy sorta adds to my point, no?

Reaction Score
I agree that the GS cause less issues because they are one and gone. The issue I have is UConn has players that should be better than her already on the roster so why add her. She is a quality person and good player but she isn't going to be difference maker to the level that makes it worth the risk, even if the risk is low. That's how I look at it anyway.
Much more competition for playing time at UCONN.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom