Lincoln Riley to USC | The Boneyard

Lincoln Riley to USC

Reaction Score
IMG_36611.jpg

Reaction Score
Smart move for Lincoln. OU will get a reality check in the SEC since it won't be easy to have multiple 9 wins abs 10 wins yearly record going forward. Also, expectation of current OU fans won't change much just because they moved to the SEC.

It will be much easier to win in the PAC-12 "at the USC.

Reaction Score
Smart move for Lincoln. OU will get a reality check in the SEC since it won't be easy to have multiple 9 wins abs 10 wins yearly record going forward. Also, expectation of current OU fans won't change much just because they moved to the SEC.

Exactly. He is going to make a ton of money, great recruiting area, players will flock to play in his offense, and he gets to live in an area just a little bit better than Oklahoma. Pac 12 much easier to get to College Playoff than SEC.

I am also assuming some Oklahoma players and recruits will jump to USC.

After he does well there, an NFL team will throw even more cash at him to leave.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They're going to score some points. Great skill players in CA. He's a Texas guy, so it will be interesting to see how well he can recruit Texas at USCw. My guess is, not nearly as well. But he's as well positioned to succeed there as anybody has been since Pete C.

Reaction Score

Think this also made it a really easy decision, WTF?!??

Reaction Score
With the money being thrown at Riley and Kelly, and just imagining what else is coming at ND, OU, etc., it's pretty clear that coaching salaries are clearly out of whack. I'm just amazed at the money being thrown at these guys, and I think it widens the gap between the haves and have-nots.

Reaction Score
With the money being thrown at Riley and Kelly, and just imagining what else is coming at ND, OU, etc., it's pretty clear that coaching salaries are clearly out of whack. I'm just amazed at the money being thrown at these guys, and I think it widens the gap between the haves and have-nots.

The crazy Michigan State contract reset the whole market. Schiano probably wants a bigger helicopter now.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I am amazed that we got Jim Mora for $1.5 million.

Reaction Score
They're going to score some points. Great skill players in CA. He's a Texas guy, so it will be interesting to see how well he can recruit Texas at USCw. My guess is, not nearly as well. But he's as well positioned to succeed there as anybody has been since Pete C.

There are a bunch of stud OU commits in Southern CA that are about to flip to SC. As an avowed SC-hater, I do not like this development at all.

Reaction Score
There are a bunch of stud OU commits in Southern CA that are about to flip to SC. As an avowed SC-hater, I do not like this development at all.
In the 70's I rooted for (name deleted for personal safety) because I listened to their games on the radio with my grandfather every Saturday when I was a kid.

I learned to dislike USC because John McKay beat their butts every year and ran up the score because of something unnamed school did one year.

But over the next few decades I turned on unnamed team because of all the BS hype they get every year. It got so sickening I became a USC fan hoping they would drub the crap out of unnamed team.

Maybe now they'll conjure up the ghost of John McKay and get back to the glory of the past...........did I mention how much I like their fight song?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It is, but that's all we had to offer. We got lucky.
Actually, Benedict had already said that he was willing to go to 2 million, or more. That’s why I was surprised to see Mora’s salary at $1.5 million. I wonder if that extra half million went into the assistants budget.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Actually, Benedict had already said that he was willing to go to 2 million, or more. That’s why I was surprised to see Mora’s salary at $1.5 million. I wonder if that extra half million went into the assistants budget.
Was thinking the same thing. He just made what, $10M+ sitting on the beach? It's possible he left some on the table to kickstart the rebuild. That would make us very lucky!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom