Leitao Joins Ollie's Staff | The Boneyard

Leitao Joins Ollie's Staff

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Taking kids16 years old out of school and in I assume some tutor arrangement, away from all the formative experiences that go with HS, is somehow a good idea?
I wonder how many experts would agree with that?
When Chief talks about a slippery slope with what has happened to college freshman and sophomores - here you go - the next steps.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Taking kids16 years old out of school and in I assume some tutor arrangement, away from all the formative experiences that go with HS, is somehow a good idea?
When Chief talks about a slippery slope with what has happened to college freshman and sophomores - here you go - the next steps.

I'm @formerlurker and I approve this message.

Reaction Score
Dave was a JC guy.. Wonder what JC thinks about this collaboration?

Reaction Score
Dave was a JC guy.. Wonder what JC thinks about this collaboration?
May not be thrilled about it but I expect understands the need to work.
Chief’s a believer that maturity growth with teenagers needs to marinade some - it’s a process and can only be rushed so much.

Reaction Score
Another page in the book of things you just can't make up. Dave dives into KO's rabbit hole.

Thank U Love GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show

Reaction Score
KO needed Dave. Dave is someone who enjoys recruiting, something KO obviously showed no interest in toward the end of his tenure here

Reaction Score
Always thought Dave was a class act .I'm sure he'll add value to this new arrangement

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I am not sure this will hit a broad range of 16 yo kids - I imagine it will be for kids who may be in the danger of just dropping out of school but have the talent to take basketball to the next level. I really don't think recruiting is an operative word or action in this case. It's more in the realm of keeping kids doing something they love - basketball while still providing them something that they do like - school - in an environment that will lessen the contempt to study while providing education. KO has been talking about the need of something in this mode for years - he saw the need while growing up in south Los Angeles.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
KO needed Dave. Dave is someone who enjoys recruiting, something KO obviously showed no interest in toward the end of his tenure here
ridiculous talking points from the hater world

Reaction Score
Sounds a lot more like the international soccer model. But there kids get more than 100k I believe

Reaction Score
I am not sure this will hit a broad range of 16 yo kids - I imagine it will be for kids who may be in the danger of just dropping out of school but have the talent to take basketball to the next level. I really don't think recruiting is an operative word or action in this case. It's more in the realm of keeping kids doing something they love - basketball while still providing them something that they do like - school - in an environment that will lessen the contempt to study while providing education. KO has been talking about the need of something in this mode for years - he saw the need while growing up in south Los Angeles.
I hope so, but it could become the sneaker company alliance model. You already see that at U.K., Baylor and some other schools where they have a disproportionate influence.

Reaction Score
Um, no. This is actually an established fact. KO basically stopped working on the recruiting front. Apparently you are the only one who thinks it’s a “talking point”.

Reaction Score
Um, no. This is actually an established fact. KO basically stopped working on the recruiting front. Apparently you are the only one who thinks it’s a “talking point”.
Not excusing it but he had some personal stuff going on in his life then. Time for a new beginning for KO and see if he’s made the necessary changes. His attorney and KO went down a rat hole and that became a hinderance too.

Reaction Score
Sorry I don’t kneel down & “pray” to KO. If that makes me a hater, I’ll take it.
Perfect guy for those first few years who may have been hurt by his immediate success combined with his personal life. I’m sure both fed off one another in the end

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom