Legette-Jack gets SYR jersey retired (1st woman) | The Boneyard

Legette-Jack gets SYR jersey retired (1st woman)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hmm. A jersey retired. Nice change from uniforms being handed (thrown) back.

Reaction Score
Sweet moment
Perhaps a precursor to her being hired as HC? (Or throwing her a bone for not being named HC?)

I find the timing really peculiar and ironic. Definitely could be a hint at her making a move there.

The irony part is that Lattimore's number has always been 33. Would this still have been retired had she not decommitted? That number would not be available if it gets retired, is my understanding correct?

Reaction Score
I find the timing really peculiar and ironic. Definitely could be a hint at her making a move there.

The irony part is that Lattimore's number has always been 33. Would this still have been retired had she not decommitted? That number would not be available if it gets retired, is my understanding correct?
The only number that has been retired is the 44 in football, and that was a stupid idea.

Reaction Score
The only number that has been retired is the 44 in football, and that was a stupid idea.
Thanks but that doesn't answer my question. Based on the timing, I'm curious as to whether this was planned in the first place because 33 is the same Lattimore has had for years.

Reaction Score

Yes players except for the football number 44 can be worn by current players.

Reaction Score
Huh? Not 1, but THREE great Syracuse backs wore that number. There's NO NUMBER more appropriate or deserving.

Reaction Score
Huh? Not 1, but THREE great Syracuse backs wore that number. There's NO NUMBER more appropriate or deserving.
They should have done what they've done with other players retired a jersey to honor Brown, one for Davis, and one for Little, just as they have for other stars.

Reaction Score
They should have done what they've done with other players retired a jersey to honor Brown, one for Davis, and one for Little, just as they have for other stars.
Why, because you said so? Or because you don’t like it?

Reaction Score
Why, because you said so? Or because you don’t like it?
The majority of the fans think it is a stupid idea, and were very happy when the last AD left. He made a number of bad hires and decisions when he was in Syracuse.

Reaction Score
The majority of the fans think it is a stupid idea, and were very happy when the last AD left. He made a number of bad hires and decisions when he was in Syracuse.
Are you a Syracuse alum and which AD are you referring?

Reaction Score
Are you a Syracuse alum and which AD are you referring?
Been a fan since 1956, the real Big East, made a mistake in not forming a football conference. The Eastern independents should have united, Penn St, Pitt, BC, Syr, West Virginia, FSU, Miami, Louisville, Cincinnati, Virginia Tech, and get Villanova, Uconn to move to division 1.
This could have been done around 1985-1986 and avoided the conference being broken up. Lived here most of my life. Spent 4 years in ASA most of the time in Europe.

Reaction Score
1628917369045.jpeg

Reaction Score
The best running back I have ever seen, had Jim's size, but could change directions at full speed. He had the ability to give you a hip and take it away.
He had soft hands and was a good receiver.Had he lived to play with Jim, you never would have heard of Vince Lombardi. Brown, Davis, Warfield, and Collins would have been the greatest offense in history.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom