OT: Leave It To Beaver and similar shows | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Leave It To Beaver and similar shows

Reaction Score
The best campy show of all time is Superman with George Reeves, black and white. The first Superman movie with Brando and Gene Hackman was the best of the Superman movies.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The best campy show of all time is Superman with George Reeves, black and white. The first Superman movie with Brando and Gene Hackman was the best of the Superman movies.

That was great.
It’s also the OG that eventually led to things like the marvel universe existing.

man of steel was fantastic though. Underrated in the current environment.

Reaction Score

I hated the first Superman. The first Superman movie started well, but Donner was afraid to play it straight and turned it into an Adan West style Batman episode with his Ned Beatty and his complete cartoon character. Chris Nolan is the one who flicked the switch with Batman Returns and treated it a serious film. He did the same with Superman Man of Steel.

Reaction Score
77 Sunset Strip with Efrem Zimbalist, Jr., Roger Smith, Edd Brynes, Louis Quinn and Jacqueline Beer. "Kookie lend Me your Comb."
One of my favorites. Mr. Zimbalist died maybe a year or so ago while in the late 90's. His daughter Stephanie was also an actress He lived in Connecticut. I think in Litchfield County.

Reaction Score
The show we all ran home to watch in the 50s was the “Mickey Mouse Club”.
Others, The Lone Ranger, Superman, Sky King , Rama of the jungle......

Reaction Score
My Saturday morning consisted of
the 3 stooges
howdy doody
circus boy
my friend flicka
sky king

Reaction Score
My Saturday morning consisted of
the 3 stooges
howdy doody
circus boy
my friend flicka
sky king
Wow!
All a long time ago.
Good to see us contemporaries are still around.
Now if anyone on the BY danced on American Bandstand, or remembered Alan Freed, or had a big brother who sang street corner doo wop( we were too young for that though Frankie Lyman started as a 13 year old), that would be something. Maybe, I will post a thread and ask if anybody did any of those activities.

Reaction Score
Wow!
All a long time ago.
Good to see us contemporaries are still around.
Now if anyone on the BY danced on American Bandstand, or remembered Alan Freed, or had a big brother who sang street corner doo wop( we were too young for that though Frankie Lyman started as a 13 year old), that would be something. Maybe, I will post a thread and ask if anybody did any of those activities.
Sorry, Connecticut Bandstand, I meant.

Reaction Score
My wife is a big fan of Mel Brooks, Carl Reiner and Dick Van Dyke. So Christmas gifts to her in the past have included the 2000 Year Old Man recordings, and the complete DVD set of the Dick Van Dyke Show (which to me is as good as old television shows get). To this day if my wife notices Mel Brooks or Carl Reiner on old Johnny Carson reruns, it is pretty much required viewing in our home. The good thing is that those interviews are always interesting and funny.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom