Latest committee top 16 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Latest committee top 16

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Indiana's best wins are over Michigan, Ohio State and Northwestern; it's unclear if the Buckeyes would be top 16 if eligible. Presumably the other two only narrowly missed the cut.

Oregon not even close; best wins are over Oregon State and Washington State. (Will either of these teams make the NCAAT? WSU seems to be fading a bit, but OSU is charging hard.)
So, Louisville, Baylor, Indiana, and Oregon with no Top 16 wins. Of those teams, who has "good" losses against other Top 16 teams?

• Louisville (NC State)
  • Baylor (Arkansas)
  • Indiana (Maryland, Tennessee)
  • Oregon (Stanford, Arizona, UCLA, Stanford, Arizona, UCLA)

Then, you have #16 Arkansas with wins over UConn and Baylor. And, their 7 losses all to Top 16 teams: Maryland, Texas A&M (twice), Georgia, South Carolina, Kentucky and Tennessee. Anyone have a more impressive schedule than the Hawgs? Yet, that only gets them the last Top 16 ranking by the committee.

What the above sort of tells me is that committee is still more enamored by and impressed with a team's Won/Loss record than who those wins and losses are coming against.

Reaction Score

Anyone have a more impressive schedule than the Hawgs? Yet, that only gets them the last Top 16 ranking by the committee.

Don't understand this statement.
The schedule isn't enough; you've got to perform against that schedule. Arkansas is 2-7 against the top 16. I think they deserve to be in the top 16, but no better than a #4 seed.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Don't understand this statement.
The schedule isn't enough; you've got to perform against that schedule. Arkansas is 2-7 against the top 16. I think they deserve to be in the top 16, but no better than a #4 seed.
The statement is pretty simple; and yes, I stated "schedule", not resume' (won/loss). Yes, Arkansas is 2-7 against the Top 16, while Baylor and Louisville are 0-1, Indiana is 0-2, and Oregon is 0-6. Yet, Arkansas is only #16? No one can tell me with a straight face that Arkansas' body of work is not better than at least 5 or 6 teams ranked ahead of them.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Their loses are good loses when it comes to the NET rating system. Maryland was a neutral site loss, Texas A&M loses was Home & Home so a ding on their loss at home and a plus for their loss on the road. The other five loses was as the visiting team which is a plus for them when it comes to the NET. Loss at home is bad vs a loss on the road.

Reaction Score
I guess that the latest (Today's) AP Poll is going to take another knock. BUTLER beat DePaul !! (So much for the # 3 seed in the Big East. The # 3 seed in the Big East Tournament could end up being Seton Hall and "AEH". Who would have thought that at the beginning of the season.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom