LaMarcus Aldridge Retires Midseason | The Boneyard

LaMarcus Aldridge Retires Midseason

Reaction Score
Due to an Irregular Heartbeat he just noticed. Sad, but he can prep his HOF speech.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I have the same condition LeMarcus had back early in his career (Wolf-Parkinson-White Syndrome). Tried to get it fixed in late 2019 with the same procedure he had at the time and they couldn’t fix it (will try again later). I know LeMarcus got that fixed so I’m curious where this irregular heartbeat comes from now - scares me a bit!

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
7 time all star 5 All NBA’s. In the West. Hall of famer

It's like people don't watch the NBA or something. The bar to get into the hall of fame for the NBA is fairly straight forward. There is no 6+ time all star that is not in the hall of fame right now.

Reaction Score
Great player and happy to see his career. Bulls should have kept him.

Reaction Score
By my standards he's not a HOF'er, but yes, I do agree that seemingly EVERYONE gets in..

Reaction Score
Remember when that dude from the Buffalo Bills retired during halftime LMAO

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
It's like people don't watch the NBA or something. The bar to get into the hall of fame for the NBA is fairly straight forward. There is no 6+ time all star that is not in the hall of fame right now.
Interesting. I don’t follow the nba super closely but would’ve never guessed the metrics would say Aldridge is a sure fire HoFer.

polycom

Reaction Score
Interesting. I don’t follow the nba super closely but would’ve never guessed the metrics would say Aldridge is a sure fire HoFer.
There are bunch of people at 6 who aren't in but after 6 last time I checked through it everyone was in.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

FWIW, Basketball Reference gives him a 51% chance of making the HOF. Much more impressive than the 7 AS games is the 5 Second- or Third-League honors.

polycom

Reaction Score
FWIW, Basketball Reference gives him a 51% chance of making the HOF. Much more impressive than the 7 AS games is the 5 Second- or Third-League honors.

I don't think all star games are impressive persay since it's more a popularity contest than anything. At the same time so hall of fame voting. Just remember Chris Webber isn't in the hall of fame....he also have 5 all star game appearances. This is more a correlation than a causation I will acknowledge.

Reaction Score
I don't really put him on the HOF level personally - Hall of "Very Good" as someone posted above. Barely cracks the top 50 in scoring and outside top 70 in rebounds. Minimal assists/steals/blocks guy. No rings. Never even an All NBA First team player. Only 2x second and 3x All third means for two-thirds of his career he was not even considered a top 6-15 player. His stats are the same as Antwan Jamison or Zach Randolph.

Reaction Score
Remember when that dude from the Buffalo Bills retired during halftime LMAO
That dude quit the team, LA retired for health and it’s totally understandable. Health before anything.

Reaction Score
NBA All Star nods qualify you for the hall of fame? Wasn’t the score of this years game like 246-244?

Reaction Score
I don't think all star games are impressive persay since it's more a popularity contest than anything. At the same time so hall of fame voting. Just remember Chris Webber isn't in the hall of fame....he also have 5 all star game appearances. This is more a correlation than a causation I will acknowledge.
It's only really a popularity contest if you start. Coaches select the reserves and that means something pretty significant, I think.

But, yeah, otherwise I agree. Also...Webber was better than Aldridge by a lot. Crazy he only had five all star appearances.

Reaction Score
That’s not true

Reaction Score
i agree with dame, he should have his portland jersey retired

Reaction Score
7 time all star 5 All NBA’s. In the West. Hall of famer
Two second-team and three third-team. Amare Stoudemire and Chris Webber have much better resumes.

And you’re saying “prepare his speech” like he’s first-ballot or something lmao

Reaction Score
Two second-team and three third-team. Amare Stoudemire and Chris Webber have much better resumes.

And you’re saying “prepare his speech” like he’s first-ballot or something lmao
He may end up being so. His decline was more gradual than Webber or Stoudemire. Both of those players were far better in their prime, though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom