LaMarcus Aldridge Retires Midseason | Page 2 | The Boneyard

LaMarcus Aldridge Retires Midseason

Reaction Score
Two second-team and three third-team. Amare Stoudemire and Chris Webber have much better resumes.

And you’re saying “prepare his speech” like he’s first-ballot or something lmao
No, like he’s gonna get in. If I meant first ballot, I would’ve said that, lmao.

Reaction Score
Larry Foust
Jack sikma
Joe Johnson
Foust is so early NBA, does he count? I mean, he was Top 10 in scoring one year with 15ppg. With 9 teams, an AS does lose its meaning. But, yeah, he's the obvious exception.

Sikma is in the Hall.

Johnson isn't eligible. We'll see what happens with him given he was only on one Third Team All NBA.

Reaction Score
Foust is so early NBA, does he count? I mean, he was Top 10 in scoring one year with 15ppg. With 9 teams, an AS does lose its meaning. But, yeah, he's the obvious exception.

Sikma is in the Hall.

Johnson isn't eligible. We'll see what happens with him given he was only on one Third Team All NBA.
I'm mostly just being difficult and clearly I should check the date of my google search articles

Reaction Score
I was a huge Spurs fan. While Aldridge wasn’t a great Spur and never won a title. He always gave max effort. He’s also the best free agent that ever signed with the Spurs. I’ll always be grateful that he picked the Spurs. I wish him all of the best going forward.

Reaction Score
I'm mostly just being difficult and clearly I should check the date of my google search articles
Once they put Mitch Richmond in the HOF... that opened the door for any decent player to get in. Mitch is definitely not HOF worthy but if he’s in, Aldridge should be in too.

Reaction Score
Mo Cheeks
Yeah, Mitch Richmond was 5x an All NBA player (3x 2nd Team, 2x 3rd). Averaged 21ppg his career, over 20K points... he wasn't a bad inclusion.

Mo Cheeks, on the other hand...um? Won a title as as starter? Made a few AS Games? Weak inclusion.

Reaction Score
Blake Griffin has 6 All Star games under his belt. Is he a Hall of Famer?
3 Top 10 MVP finishes and 5 All NBA appearances.

He's going to be a candidate that sparks a lot of debate. There were probably just too many injuries and, while basketball isn't as into counting numbers in the same way as baseball, they do matter a bit, and he has none of them.

But then again, neither did Mo Cheeks and Griffin is obviously better than Cheeks.

Reaction Score

He's going to be a candidate that sparks a lot of debate. There were probably just too many injuries and, while basketball isn't as into counting numbers in the same way as baseball, they do matter a bit, and he has none of them.

But then again, neither did Mo Cheeks and Griffin is obviously better than Cheeks.
Not that it matters much in the case for it, but Blake also had one of the best rookie years ever.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yeah, Mitch Richmond was 5x an All NBA player (3x 2nd Team, 2x 3rd). Averaged 21ppg his career, over 20K points... he wasn't a bad inclusion.

Mo Cheeks, on the other hand...um? Won a title as as starter? Made a few AS Games? Weak inclusion.

Mo Cheeks was the "Most underrated player" in the NBA 8 years in a row or something like that. He was leading the 76'ers right as I was getting weened on the NBA and it was a requirement for one of the announcers to say that phrase every game. Or so it seemed.

Reaction Score
Really find a 6< all star not in the hall of fame. It’ll be news to me.
Lou Hudson. Came across him looking up Top 100 scorers as Gay just crossed that threshold.

6 AS games
1 Second Team
Career 20 point scorer

His career had a military service intervention (year 2) and then had an injury at age 30 he never fully recovered from. But those six AS years he averaged 25ppg, 5.5rbp, 3.5apg on 49.7% shooting and 80% from the line.

Also, injured his hand in his final year at Minnesota and averaged 19.8 shooting with his left hand while his right hand was in a cast. As a junior averaged 24.8 and 10.7.

Anyway, seems like an excellent player whose career was just a little too short to make the cut. Doesn't have the accolades at the All NBA level of someone like Griffin, though, or even Webber who somehow isn't in despite 1 First Team, 3 Second Team, and 1 Third Team in addition to 5 Top 10 MVP finishes.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

I mean 21/9/5 over 12 seasons so far is pretty pretty good. Hard to believe he’s just 31. He was a must watch player for a decade. Maybe he gets his ring on the Nets this year?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I mean 21/9/5 over 12 seasons so far is pretty pretty good. Hard to believe he’s just 31. He was a must watch player for a decade. Maybe he gets his ring on the Nets this year?

Technically he's retired... so I'm not sure how rings will work.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Lou Hudson. Came across him looking up Top 100 scorers as Gay just crossed that threshold.

6 AS games
1 Second Team
Career 20 point scorer

His career had a military service intervention (year 2) and then had an injury at age 30 he never fully recovered from. But those six AS years he averaged 25ppg, 5.5rbp, 3.5apg on 49.7% shooting and 80% from the line.

Also, injured his hand in his final year at Minnesota and averaged 19.8 shooting with his left hand while his right hand was in a cast. As a junior averaged 24.8 and 10.7.

Anyway, seems like an excellent player whose career was just a little too short to make the cut. Doesn't have the accolades at the All NBA level of someone like Griffin, though, or even Webber who somehow isn't in despite 1 First Team, 3 Second Team, and 1 Third Team in addition to 5 Top 10 MVP finishes.
There are a couple at 6 who haven't got in but only 1 who is 6< all-star games who hasn't gotten in...

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Mo Cheeks was the "Most underrated player" in the NBA 8 years in a row or something like that. He was leading the 76'ers right as I was getting weened on the NBA and it was a requirement for one of the announcers to say that phrase every game. Or so it seemed.
Have you got an "underrated city" comp for Cheeks?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Really find a 6< all star not in the hall of fame. It’ll be news to me.
Serious question:

Is 6< intended & accepted as the same as >6 ("more than 6"); does it mean "6 or more" in keyboard-speak because there's no character with the line beneath it; is it a typo/minor error; or something else?

I've honestly never seen it. My question isn't asked to point out a mistake. I might be about to learn something. TIA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom