LA Sparks sign Candace Wiggins | The Boneyard

LA Sparks sign Candace Wiggins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone see that coming? I thought she'd stay with Skylar Diggins for awhile.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It surprises me. Are Beard and Tolliver still in LA?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
A good backup that can get red-hot from deep. When Toliver's cold, and sulking, they probably figure they can get good minutes from CW and possibly some game changing 3s depending on the weather. Definitely saw that from time to time in Minnesota. And she's an emotional leader.

Reaction Score
I've been thinking this morning that Tulsa just may take Sims with the second pick. They just re-signed another power forward to a training camp contract for a tryout. If she works out then they could use Sims as a relentless shooting guard who attacks the basket.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
They also signed Armintie Herrington.

Reaction Score
So they have Wiggins, Tolliver, Beard, Herrington, Harding and Mathies on the roster?

This team could really use Alyssa Thomas rather than more guards.

Hey, maybe they'll be the team that drafts Jen Hamson!

Reaction Score
So they have Wiggins, Tolliver, Beard, Herrington, Harding and Mathies on the roster?

What round do you expect Hamson to be picked. I checked a few mock drafts and she wasn't listed. I would think she'd be drafted somewhere in the second round.

Reaction Score
That may be because she had already kinda committed to paying volleyball for BYU and hasn't made up her mind yet.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score

Yes Thomas would be a great pick.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
They also signed Armintie Herrington.

wow, really? They are making some moves. I always love watching Armintie -- so explosive. Outstanding defender. I'm surprised to see her leaving ATL , but at the same time I'm not, b/c I bet she figures that L.A. is actually closer to a title than ATL, the Dream's appearances in the Finals notwithstanding.

I'll be rooting for Minny as always this summer, but with Magic coming onboard and these two guard signings, I'd say things are looking very good for L.A. The West will be tougher than ever. I hope Minny adds another power forward/center like Jess Adair to bolster their depth inside. Jess was providing outstanding minutes for them 2 seasons ago before she got injured. Then cut at the beginning of last year. If she turns it around, they could add her as the extra player in the new 12-player roster.

Last edited:

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
wow, really? They are making some moves. I always love watching Armintie -- so explosive. I'm surprised to see her leaving ATL , and at the same time I'm not, b/c I bet she figures that L.A. is actually closer to a title than ATL, the Dream's appearances in the Finals notwithstanding.

I'll be rooting for Minny as always this summer, but with Magic coming onboard and these two guard signings, I'd say things are looking very good for L.A. The West will be tougher than ever. I hope Minny adds another power forward/center like Jess Adair to bolster their depth inside. Jess was providing outstanding minutes for them 2 seasons ago before she got injured. Then cut at the beginning of last year. If she turns it around, they could add her as the extra player in the new 12-player roster.
Yes she did sign for Sparks. When Magic bought the team he said he would sit down with Coach Ross and GM Toler and ask what do you need?

Reaction Score
They traded the draft pick for a power forward that Parker was playing with in Russia. Her name's Grude.

Tulsa did the same thing by signing a power forward that Angel Goodrich played with in Russia.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If Armintie is no longer in Atlanta, that may mean a larger role for Tiff.

Reaction Score
wow, really? They are making some moves. I always love watching Armintie -- so explosive. Outstanding defender. I'm surprised to see her leaving ATL , but at the same time I'm not, b/c I bet she figures that L.A. is actually closer to a title than ATL, the Dream's appearances in the Finals notwithstanding.

I couldn't believe that the Dream made it to the Finals last year. I thought Delle Donne and the Sky were a shoo-in!

Then they fire their coach...smart thinking. Like when The NJ Nets fired their coach after he took them to two consecutive Finals.

This season will be interesting. I'm waiting to see who Washington drafts. If it's the right player I'll think about getting a courtside season ticket.

The WNBA really needs to make the postseason series at least five games and the Final seven games. These teams are too talented for less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom