Koby Brea entered the portal. Please please Coach Hurley | Page 37 | The Boneyard

Koby Brea entered the portal. Please please Coach Hurley

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
That's the thing, we've seen over and over again that you can't just stick 5 great players together and expect greatness. Storr is at his 4th school in 4 years and Kugel got benched the last few weeks of last year. I tend to believe it's going to be more of a mess than a great team.

I don’t like their roster. If you compile it and look at stars, it’s fine, but there are some nuts on it. I like Passmore as a prospect and I almost guarantee that he leaves in the portal next year because there’s just portal guys tossed in on top of him.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's hilarious to watch the change of attitude here. From a 36 page thread begging Brea to come to "he's the worst" after Brea told Hurley 'no thanks' on Saturday.

Not even UK fans are capable of being this conspicuous with a flip flop.
Are you still here?

Reaction Score
It's hilarious to watch the change of attitude here. From a 36 page thread begging Brea to come to "he's the worst" after Brea told Hurley 'no thanks' on Saturday.

Remember when Hurley told you hillbillies “no thanks”? Then you schmucks convinced yourself like Pope wasn’t your sloppy second choice

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
STOP! Lol. Brea has performed well to great playing against tougher competition. But I am content and trust Hurley will get Mahaney to shoot better and against tougher competition because he's a Husky now. No need to take my research and opinion personal based on my 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices.

He spent four years coming off the bench at Dayton. Dayton. Dayton in the Atlantic 10. That Dayton. After four years in the Atlantic 10, he finally cracked a double digit scoring average as a senior. (He only averaged seven points a game as a junior.)

There’s a reason why Mahaney is a top 20 transfer and Brea is around #100 - it’s because Mahaney is just significantly better. Different orbit.

Reaction Score
Why are little brother UK fans registering and trolling here?
Because they can't fathom UConn winning another championship and right now on top of the College Basketball World.

Reaction Score
He spent four years coming off the bench at Dayton. Dayton. Dayton in the Atlantic 10. That Dayton. After four years in the Atlantic 10, he finally cracked a double digit scoring average as a senior. (He only averaged seven points a game as a junior.)

There’s a reason why Mahaney is a top 20 transfer and Brea is around #100 - it’s because Mahaney is just significantly better. Different orbit.
We passed on Brea there’s no reason to trash him

Reaction Score

Hypothetically, if Brea decided to come here he wouldn't be guaranteed to even be in the rotation, let alone a key piece. We are loaded.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Remember when Hurley told you hillbillies “no thanks”? Then you schmucks convinced yourself like Pope wasn’t your sloppy second choice
You really shouldn't call them hillbillies.

If they're from Kentucky they're hill jacks.

caw

Reaction Score

36 pages are not about begging Brea, do you even Boneyard? I am sure some are about Arby's

Reaction Score
“La Bamba” is not a Dominican song. If they played merengue o bachata ok. This reeks of “all Spanish are Mexican” thinking. I’m married to a Dominican so I know not all Spanish make “tacos”. I think this shows that Kentucky still isn’t on our level. It’s like someone said “hey what’s a Spanish song someone knows, I got it La Bamba”
Christopher Reeve Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
Watching Brea's clips, it was strange that he was coming off the bench. He showed an excellent quick trigger 3 on the catch and shoot, and showed some nice foot work creating space for his shot. There was a nice weak side block and an athletic dunk. Now I realize these were a collection of highlights and his MO was jacking up 3s, so there had to be a reason he wasn't getting more PT.

I think the coaching staff thought they could coach him up, seeing they brought him in for a visit, but once they landed McNeeley and Mahaney, there simply wasn't as much a need for him. The reward verses the risk just isn't there in light of other needs at this time. Now maybe he's coming into his own and will show more game for whatever program lands him. At a minimum, he will provide instant offense and some 3 Pt punch for that team.

Just because some here are pointing out that he's likely not as good as the other two players we just landed doesn't mean we're changing our tune and calling him a bum. And if all we know, he might no longer want to come here knowing that PT looks a lot harder to earn now that we landed McNeeley and Mahaney, plus the prospect of Karaban returning. UConn has a ton of interchangeable wing and guard type players that will share the court in different combinations. The need for him is simply no longer there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom