Knicks | The Boneyard

Knicks

Reaction Score
Am I nuts to think the Knicks could be really good this year?

Randle is a star now, Barrett is a really good 2 way player, Kemba, Fournier, Toppin, Quickley, Rose, and Burks can all score. Toppin is great in the open court and makes things happen with his energy. Mitchell Robinson and Nerlens Noel are two of the best rim protectors. You win a lot of games with great depth in the NBA and the Knicks seem to be deep at every position. Ideally you want another star but this looks like a team that is going to rack up a lot of wins.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Randle is a star now, Barrett is a really good 2 way player, Kemba, Fournier, Toppin, Quickley, Rose, and Burks can all score. Toppin is great in the open court and makes things happen with his energy. Mitchell Robinson and Nerlens Noel are two of the best rim protectors. You win a lot of games with great depth in the NBA and the Knicks seem to be deep at every position. Ideally you want another star but this looks like a team that is going to rack up a lot of wins.
No, that all makes sense.

But Dolan.

Reaction Score
They'll be really good and should fight for a spot around 4-6 in the East. Just have to hope for once Thibs uses the depth and doesn't wear out the whole roster come playoff time

Reaction Score
They are good but the East is really good this year. Could be a 4 seed or so. Fun team

Reaction Score
No, that all makes sense.

But Dolan.

Right now Dolan is the owner of the best run franchise in NYC. He finally got it right.

The Knicks could make a run at a championship this year. Their depth (young players and future draft picks) sets them up very well to add a big piece at the trading deadline. Suddenly everyone wants to play for the Knicks. Great team culture and an easy team to root for.

Best thing about Thibs is that he pushes his players to improve themselves over the summer. He's like a great college coach in that regard.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So far they look great! As a huge Knicks fan it’s fun to finally have expectations and they look ready to take that next step. Nobody is talking championship or anything, but second round and top 5 in East is definitely in reach. Set a record for 3’s made in a game tonight.

Reaction Score
They'll be really good and should fight for a spot around 4-6 in the East. Just have to hope for once Thibs uses the depth and doesn't wear out the whole roster come playoff time
That's always the worry with Thibs but I only really worry about it with Randle because the team is so deep. I do fear he'll ride Randle into the ground again but this is the first time in a long time I've been this excited about them. I thought last year was a bit of smoke and mirrors and never really believed but they have a squad now and they play their hearts out.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Right now Dolan is the owner of the best run franchise in NYC. He finally got it right.

The Knicks could make a run at a championship this year. Their depth (young players and future draft picks) sets them up very well to add a big piece at the trading deadline. Suddenly everyone wants to play for the Knicks. Great team culture and an easy team to root for.

Best thing about Thibs is that he pushes his players to improve themselves over the summer. He's like a great college coach in that regard.
The team with Kevin Durant and James Harden disagrees.

Reaction Score
Bulls also look like a completely different team, the league is much better with good Knicks and Bulls squads.

Reaction Score
Gotta love Thibs laying into his team when they are up 30. He calls timeout under a minute and really hands it to the rookies.

Reaction Score
Been saying it all summer into the fall that the Knicks will be really good- they have 4 levels of talent who are super hungry;

Veterans; Taj Gibson- Derrick Rose- Nerlens Noel- Kemba Walker

Prime; Julius Randle- Evan Fournier- Alec Burks

On the Rise; R.J. Barrett- Obi Toppin- Immanuel Quickley- Mitchell Robinson

Prospects; Quentin Grimes- Miles McBride- Jericho Sims

It is a perfect blend of motivated players who are at all different points in their career being lead by the hardest workers in Tom Thibodeau & Julius Randle.

My Favorite Knicks team in 20+ years!

Reaction Score
I dunno, from a PER standpoint it’s 4 top 50-100 players and bunch of guys, and good luck going deep in the playoffs against Philly Brooklyn Milwaukee and Miami

We’ll see if Randle can keep it going

Reaction Score

The Knicks are better then last year of course the East is better as well. You have Kemba replacing Elfrid Payton so your not always in a hole when Rose comes in. Fournier is an upgrade from Bullock can create his own shot. A healthy Mitchell Robinson in a contract year. The ball movement looks much improved, Julius Randle looks like he added an element to his game. You got a year of experience from Quickly and Toppin.

Thibs will be pushing them and motivating them every day. They will use the no respect card because the media is gonna say things like the Knicks are good but. They could be in first place and the media will be pushing for a trade.

Reaction Score
You got a year of experience from Quickly and Toppin.

Both of these guys have All Star potential. The Knicks probably have the best bench in the league, they actually seem to improve when the bench comes in.

Toppin has limitless scoring potential and nobody is talking about Haliburton anymore. The Warriors probably wish they took Toppin # 2 instead of Wiseman.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jesus I’m a huge Knick homer but obi and quick all stars? Can only hope. Obi #2 overall? Not sure at all about that.

Not this year but in the next few years, absolutely! The only thing keeping Toppin from probably being a 20 point scorer this year is his lack of minutes..... and yes I realize its only been two games but the talent is obvious.

Toppin would be dynamite in a Warrior uniform on the floor with Curry and Green.

Last edited:

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Evan Fournier is a really underrated player. Also, his confidence skyrocketed (imo) from the summer olympics. I never liked the Knicks AT ALL but with Kemba, I will definitely root for them. My favorite NBA teams usually vary based on where my favorite players play.

Reaction Score

I think they have a shot at 50 wins this season. I think theyll finish somewhere between 45-50. Youre not crazy at all.

Reaction Score

Even the Rangers are 5-1 now looks like Dolan hired the right coach. Of course it’s ridiculously early but a 2-0 and 5-1 start for a NY is team is an accomplishment lol as we see how bad the Jets and Giants are.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not this year but in the next few years, absolutely! The only thing keeping Toppin from probably being a 20 point scorer this year is his lack of minutes..... and yes I realize its only been two games but the talent is obvious.

Toppin would be dynamite in a Warrior uniform on the floor with Curry and Green.
I don’t know about all stars but looks like they have improved. I liked Thibs benching quickly when he tried to play hero ball chucking that 40 footer, if he does that he can bench quickly and play burks of course our odds are better when Quickley is playing within the offense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom