OT: Knicks get Rose | The Boneyard

OT: Knicks get Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Looks good at face value, but given the injury situation, it's a roll of the dice.

But they had to do something.

Reaction Score
In a perfect world they move Rose at the deadline next year for picks. Only players under contract after next year are Melo, KP and O'Quinn. Beautiful.

Reaction Score
Not a bad deal imo. Rose in a contract year, knicks are unlikely to extend him. I just wonder what this means for the celtics trade rumors for butler, if it means anything at all. It could be either A) a commitment to butler because he was rumored to have some beef with rose or B) a commitment to rebuilding which would lead me to believe the celtics or t wolves are pitching desirable offers to the bulls.

Reaction Score
In a perfect world they move Rose at the deadline next year for picks. Only players under contract after next year are Melo, KP and O'Quinn. Beautiful.

Thats the silver linging. If it doesnt work out, we can trade him for some picks, and maybe after another year of failure melo waives his no trade clause and leaves town too for more picks. Then the Knicks can begin a full on rebuilding mode with tons of cap space.

I'm tired of this year after year getting washed up post injured players hoping they revive their careers with the Knicks. Hasnt worked yet, why would it change now. At least we arent giving up future picks though and at least Jose is GONE!

Reaction Score
Thats the silver linging. If it doesnt work out, we can trade him for some picks, and maybe after another year of failure melo waives his no trade clause and leaves town too for more picks. Then the Knicks can begin a full on rebuilding mode with tons of cap space.

I'm tired of this year after year getting washed up post injured players hoping they revive their careers with the Knicks. Hasnt worked yet, why would it change now. At least we arent giving up future picks though and at least Jose is GONE!

Have they actually been in rebuilding mode? They extended Melo and paid calderon, lopez and afflalo. I would say this is the first step towards a rebuild. It took the celtics 3 years to get to the point where they had the assets theyre holding today. Of course, there were some serious blunders on part of the knicks and the celtics fleeced brooklyn in the KG/Pierce trade, but you play the hand your dealt. Not a bad move for the knicks.

Reaction Score
No move where you get rid of Robin Lopez and Jose Calderon is a bad one. 1/8th of DRose is 1000x better than Calderon running the show.

Reaction Score
Not a bad deal imo. Rose in a contract year, knicks are unlikely to extend him. I just wonder what this means for the celtics trade rumors for butler, if it means anything at all. It could be either A) a commitment to butler because he was rumored to have some beef with rose or B) a commitment to rebuilding which would lead me to believe the celtics or t wolves are pitching desirable offers to the bulls.
Wonder if Amir Johnson (12 million expiring contract), Marcus Smart (hate him), and the #3 pick would be enough for the Bulls to part with Butler?

Reaction Score
Wonder if Amir Johnson (12 million expiring contract), Marcus Smart (hate him), and the #3 pick would be enough for the Bulls to part with Butler?

I think Bradley would need to be thrown in. But I'm reading that this move is more of a commitment to butler than rebuilding. I thought an expiring deal, the #3, bradley and one of smart/olynyk would be enough, but i'm not sure anymore. I hope the celtics take dunn and shop him.

Reaction Score
Rose stinks but the Knicks gave up nothing. The Knicks have Porzingis going for them and nothing else, the Bulls have nothing going for them.

Reaction Score
I think Bradley would need to be thrown in. But I'm reading that this move is more of a commitment to butler than rebuilding. I thought an expiring deal, the #3, bradley and one of smart/olynyk would be enough, but i'm not sure anymore. I hope the celtics take dunn and shop him.
Hopefully by him you meant Marcus Smart.

Reaction Score
Have they actually been in rebuilding mode? They extended Melo and paid calderon, lopez and afflalo. I would say this is the first step towards a rebuild. It took the celtics 3 years to get to the point where they had the assets theyre holding today. Of course, there were some serious blunders on part of the knicks and the celtics fleeced brooklyn in the KG/Pierce trade, but you play the hand your dealt. Not a bad move for the knicks.

No agree, we havent been in rebuilding mode. But i dont see this as a step towards rebuilding. We got Rose, we'll probably end up with D Howard or someone like that. We'll make the playoffs and that will be about it... Same cycle. I'm not completely mad at this trade, but i just see it as more of the same as what we've already been through. Lets see if this yields anything for us on the court.

Reaction Score
This means the Bulls are in the Jimmy Butler business not the Derrick Rose business. They aren't taking any combination of Celtics players or draft picks because none of them is a better player than Jimmy Butler. Bulls are building around Butler, the end.

I like it for the Knicks b/c Carmelo isn't going anywhere so they might as well take a swing for the fences and PG is among their biggest needs.

I don't like it for Derrick Rose because NY Knicks has become where careers go to die.

Reaction Score
Hopefully by him you meant Marcus Smart.

I meant dunn because he is a hot commodity right now. But if there is a market for smart then i would prefer to jettison him from the roster. I liked the idea of middleton to the celtics btw. 6'8 2 guard who shot 40+% from 3. Sign me up.

Reaction Score
This means the Bulls are in the Jimmy Butler business not the Derrick Rose business. They aren't taking any combination of Celtics players or draft picks because none of them is a better player than Jimmy Butler. Bulls are building around Butler, the end.

I like it for the Knicks b/c Carmelo isn't going anywhere so they might as well take a swing for the fences and PG is among their biggest needs.

I don't like it for Derrick Rose because NY Knicks has become where careers go to die.

of course, but in addition to quarreling with Rose, Butler was also upset with Hoiberg and I don't think he wants to be on a rebuilding roster in his prime. My point is, i think chicago's roster gets worse before it gets better and I think Jimmy will want out and if I'm the bulls I may take the best deal I can get before that happens. Maybe things turn around though.

Reaction Score
of course, but in addition to quarreling with Rose, Butler was also upset with Hoiberg and I don't think he wants to be on a rebuilding roster in his prime. My point is, i think chicago's roster gets worse before it gets better and I think Jimmy will want out and if I'm the bulls I may take the best deal I can get before that happens. Maybe things turn around though.
Butler signed last July with the Bulls? The first chance he gets to want out is at earliest 3 full seasons away at end of 2019. And I think the talk he wants out is way over-blown, he denies it and he's got 4-5yrs left at what will be a very favorable contract with the cap going up. The Bulls showed they want him when the signed him to the contract and he signed it. I don't think trading him to the Celtics or anyone else who has to give up the farm could be any less rebuilding. Again this was a clear sign that the Bulls commit to Butler as their star.

Reaction Score
No brainer trade for the Knicks, finally did something decent, like the move, don't love it.

Reaction Score
You could give the knicks a package of graham crackers, a bag of marshmallows, hershey bars, and a campfire and they'd f--- up making s'mores.

Cannot wait to watch this implode. Dislike Carmelo, used to like Rose, but not so much anymore, and they're going to playing with one ball. Makes me giddy. Tee-hee.

Reaction Score
Love this move for the Knicks because of the cap implications. If Rose is injured or sucks he leaves next year (won't be able to trade him for much at deadline unless he's healthy...more on that in a few). If he leaves Knicks get about $60 mil in cap space for the huge 2017 FA class (could be upwards of $70 mil with the cap rising).

If he's healthy and shows he's healthy the Knicks have the ability to sign him for more than anyone else would be able too so they'd have the inside track (hence, why I don't think they'd trade him if healthy at deadline).

It's a no risk, all reward move for the Knicks.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Knicks traded nothing to get a shoe salesman. Can't say they really lost anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom