KLS, Gabby first team All EuroLeague | The Boneyard

KLS, Gabby first team All EuroLeague

Reaction Score
Lou and Gabby were named to first team, Stewie to second team, and Gabby defensive player of the year.

Attachments

• 0259B6B1-3D66-4FCE-8CDB-BFFCEA5C6DCC.png
    0259B6B1-3D66-4FCE-8CDB-BFFCEA5C6DCC.png
    1 MB · Views: 482

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Iagupova should be the overall MVP. She is a beast.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Guess Stewie is saving herself for the Championship

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Iagupova should be the overall MVP. She is a beast.
Why? I didn't see any of the games, but she wasn't even 1st team.

At any rate, good for Gabby and Lou. Going to be interesting for Gabby when she goes back to Chicago. Last season she was a bench player and was the back up forward and PG. Nothing in between. What a weird situation. Given how well she's consistently been playing for other teams, I'm not sure Chicago is the right place for her. NO way should she be coming off the bench this season for Chicago.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Why? I didn't see any of the games, but she wasn't even 1st team.

At any rate, good for Gabby and Lou. Going to be interesting for Gabby when she goes back to Chicago. Last season she was a bench player and was the back up forward and PG. Nothing in between. What a weird situation. Given how well she's consistently been playing for other teams, I'm not sure Chicago is the right place for her. NO way should she be coming off the bench this season for Chicago.
Click on the picture in the first post on this topic. She is one of the First team 5. Vandersloot missed the Qtr finals and still made the First team.

Just went to full Euroleague web site and Iagupova did get MVP. http://www.fiba.basketball/euroleaguewomen/20-21/news/winners-of-euroleague-women-awards-announced

Last edited:

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Fridays games are on you tube, for free. Stewies team, UMMC, plays Fenerbahce with Stokes. I believe it starts at 10am EDT

followed by Avenida--Lou and Tif vs Sopron with Gabby and Megan.

Finals are on Sunday

The Youtube link will take you to the first game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Fridays games are on you tube, for free. Stewies team, UMMC, plays Fenerbahce with Stokes. I believe it starts at 10am EDT

followed by Avenida--Lou and Tif vs Sopron with Gabby and Megan.

Finals are on Sunday

The Youtube link will take you to the first game.

Are these games going to have English announcers?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Are these games going to have English announcers?
Some do and some dont. They have an announcer in the past who I think does mens BB in the states, but he was slow with names of the players. The Avenida games are also on the Teledeporte site(Spanish announcers in Spain only) To watch it on that site you will need a VPN to be switched to Spain.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Anything more? Did she ever play in the W? Olympic star? Is she really that good?

Just curious.
She was drafted by the LA Sparks, in 2013, but didnt want to come here. Not sure why.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I caught as many of the games as I could but UConn fans may get to see Lou do something she never did in college—jump center at tip-off.
If Lou's team wins and Stewies team wins Lou would have to jump center against Griner. Also, if they both lose in the semis.

Reaction Score
Lou and Gabby were named to first team, Stewie to second team, and Gabby defensive player of the year.
How do we Husky fans feel about former players being recognized this way. Certainly happy may be a little proud. Proud of the program that helped build them as strong players and even stronger young women. Now how would you feel about them if they were one and done players ( meh) didn’t really know you congrats. Just food for thought on a recent topic

Reaction Score
How do we Husky fans feel about former players being recognized this way. Certainly happy may be a little proud. Proud of the program that helped build them as strong players and even stronger young women. Now how would you feel about them if they were one and done players ( meh) didn’t really know you congrats. Just food for thought on a recent topic
Not really a realistic question because they developed at UConn. None of them were ready for the WNBA and would have rode the bench for one or more years.

With just 12 teams the WNBA is not suited for developing players, there just aren't that many roster spots.

Reaction Score
That is kind of my point. I don’t like the one in Done for women’s basketball. I believe these young ladies benefit greatly from a few years in college. After one year Gabby may not have been drafted and Lou May not of made a team. And without the fans getting to know them I don’t really think we would’ve cared much. And unless your physical specimen as a 19/ 20 year old the women in the W will bounce you around pretty good it is definitely much more physical in the pro league. If Paige where to go pro now by midway through the season she would look like one big bruise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom