KK Arnold Makes U18 3X3 Team | The Boneyard

KK Arnold Makes U18 3X3 Team

Reaction Score
KK's ability to get to the basket is a big part of her selection. Isn't she a teammate of Sahara Williams already?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
For Arnold to beat out all of the other elite guards invited to the selection camp for one of the 4 spots on the team would suggest that she is not just good, but REAL good. Watching the videos posted here and reading the posts and comments of posters that have seen her play in person, made me feel very comfortable in believing that I'm seeing what I'm seeing and labeling her a "BALLER."

I can wait until she gets here because she's not quite ready yet. She needs one more year of high school "seasoning" to improve her game and mature. When she does get here and the season begins, she will be one of the players we'll all want to see. Will she be able to become an instant wonder and do all of the things she's doing now, or will it take time for her to adjust to the speed of the game and the size and quickness of the players at this level.

Carnac predicts she will be worth the price of admission by the holiday break of her sophomore year if not before. Folks, I think we've got a good one here. ;) This team is going to be very hard to beat.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
For reference, here is the trial's attendees

1659466937972.png

Reaction Score
You don't necessarily pick the best 4 players. In tennis, great doubles teams are often two players who wouldn't be nearly as successful as singles players. And in this case it's 3 players that need to work together quickly and efficiently.
I'll go out on a limb and predict that Strong will be the leading scorer and rebounder.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
You don't necessarily pick the best 4 players. In tennis, great doubles teams are often two players who wouldn't be nearly as successful as singles players. And in this case it's 3 players that need to work together quickly and efficiently.
I'll go out on a limb and predict that Strong will be the leading scorer and rebounder.
Alydar, you are absolutely correct!!! In picking a 3X3 team, you pick the 4 players that play best TOGETHER.
My comment may have been misinterpreted. What I was thinking is that of all of the other guards in the selection pool, SHE was one of the best with a combination of skills, handles, and the ability to work with others in a 3X3 competition. It just didn't come out that way.

You can't pick the 4 best players for this type of competition. What if they're all 5'9" guards? :eek: Who will defend the rim? Who will guard the tallest opposing player?

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sahara Williams plays with tremendous intensity and effort level which is one of the reasons UConn was very interested in her. That's something very much needed in a format where you have 10 seconds to shoot.

A fast tempo should be good for KK as well.

Reaction Score
Sahara Williams plays with tremendous intensity and effort level which is one of the reasons UConn was very interested in her. That's something very much needed in a format where you have 10 seconds to shoot.

A fast tempo should be good for KK as well.
And it will be fun to see the bodies fly when the truck (Strong) goes to the rack from the foul line.

Reaction Score
KK Arnold and the USA U 18 WOMEN's Team are in POOL D for the Tournament in
Debrecen, Hungary from August 23 (a Tuesday) until August 28 (Finals are on Sunday).
Pool D includes Ukraine UKR, Egypt EGY, Mongolia MGL, Kyrgyzstan KGZ, and the USA.
Apparently, the Women start on August 24 th.
8/24 Egypt vs USA 11:50 AM that should be the EST time start in the USA
8/24 Mongolia vs USA 1:55 PM
8/25 Kyrgyzstan vs USA 11:25 AM
8?25 Ukraine UKR vs USA 1:15 PM All games should be available on live stream
Look for the live play by following the prompts on the FIBA. Basketball Women's U 18 Debrecen, Hungary
web page. Other strong teams should include Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Canada etc. But I did not
not check which teams have "repeat" players. Mikaylah Williams (LSU) is our repeat 3x3 player. KK is a USA
team repeat player, but not for 3X3 competition. We have two " new players" - Sarah Strong is the youngest on our team (uncommitted) and Sahara Williams (an Oklahoma commit) is the other team member. Go KK! Go Huskies!! Z

Reaction Score
3x3 is a physical game you have to know how to score through contact, even how to initiate it as part of your move. I’ve seen enough KK videos to know that’s exactly who she is. Sarah Strong is another one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom